Family Picture

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Family Picture

Post by LuLu33 »

When we rescued Cinnamon we promised her dying owner a family picture. It's not the greatest...try to get two adults, two kids and two chowlings to look at the camera..but we wanted to keep our promise and like I said not the greatest pic but we are all in it and Cinnamon's previous owner can depart this life knowing that Cinnamon is in her forever home. Thought I'd share it with you guys!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

That is just absolutely beautiful Lara and I am sure the little boy's arm round Cinnamon, cuddling her and the little girl snugging in and the happy chow smile will make him very happy - I know it would me if I was in his position.
Just a beautiful picture! :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

It is a wonderful Picture
EuroSuzie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by EuroSuzie »

Oh how wonderful!!!! I think the person who you adopted her from will love it!! What a great story. :)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Your photo is lovely. Your daughter looks just like you, Laura. I think the previous owner will love it- I think the thing that will draw his eyes (and bring them to tears) is not one, but two loving arms around his Cinnimon girl. You could also send him one of Cinnimon in the snow, he probably has never seen that sight!
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

The photo is great - Cinnamon looks happy, I think the previous owner will be happy with what he sees.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Hi,
Beautiful picture, I think the chow's previous owner can now depart in peace, knowing that his baby is well provided for and taken care of. All those involved with the rescue of cinammon must be thanked for too,
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

It's a great photo. Cinnamon looks like she knows that you are her family already, I think Cinnamon's previous owner I'd be very happy to see Cinnamon with her new family. I think Auddymay and Judy were so right about the loving arms enveloping Cinnamon.
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

Thanks so much my sappy chow friends but I have to tell you that the loving arms wrapped around Cinnamon were TO HOLD HER IN THE PICTURE :laughloud: :laughloud: :laughloud: :laughloud: :laughloud: :biggergrin: :laughloud:
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

In all seriousness though I know too that this will make the owner happy. It was his dying wish for her to have a loving forever home and I'm happy to help him feel at peace that that is where Cinnamon is. She's a lovely chowgirl and a great addition to our family. I don't feel like we did a good dead I feel as we were the ones blessed to get her. And yes to have such great chow lover friends who so unselfishly helped get her to me. Thanks for all your support!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes - but maybe the loving arms were to KEEP her in the picture but nothing, but nothing could MAKE that beautiful chow chow smile on her face!! :lol: :lol:
It is a beautiful picture! And, Yes, bless you all and Sean and Mandy for helping get her to you.
Wish I could give a cuddle - please do so for me.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Yes-it's kind of obvious that she's in a "let's go play" mood but that adds to the picture. I think the former owner will love the picture and it will give him peace of mind and heart.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
vicster605@cmaaccess.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vicster605@cmaaccess.com »

What a BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!!And a perfect ending to a sad story!!! I'm sure the other owner will be sooo happy and thankful to you,and it had to be the hardest thing he ever had to do.......God Bless you and your family!!
Tired of ALL THAT JAZZ ABOUT THE CHOW CHOW BREED!!!!
chris

Post by chris »

OMG.. thats awsome... frame it. :-)
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

You are truly blessed. LuLu I can't wait to meet you at the northeast CHOWFEST
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
marla tierney
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by marla tierney »

OH I agree frame it. What a GREAT picture. Your fuballs are beautyfull. You will put on a smile on the past owners face!
crazy4chows
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by crazy4chows »

What a wonderful picture! Cinnamon's previous owner can be relieved to see how happy Cinnamon is. What a wonderful thing you did. :)
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

what a great portrait. cinnamon looks like she has been part of your family for years.looks like she couldnt have been luckier to have found you. by doing this it shows what special people you are. to go out of your way to give a dying man peace of mind. just awesome.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

LOL Lulu33, you know I've been there too, you should see our Christmas cards from thsi past year! :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
CodasMum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CodasMum »

What a lovely family picture.
CodasMum

Mikosmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mikosmom »

What a lovely portrait; Cinnamon looks like she was meant to be part of your family! Her former owner is blessed at this difficult time to know that his sweet chow is happy. You've done a wonderful thing.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Lulu,

The picture is just beautiful.

As I have said before...what a wonderful deed the retrieve and rescue group did to get Cinammon into her new home.

You are all so great!!!

Sharon
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

Oh wow, what an awesome photo!!!! What a beautiful family & the chowlings look so happy. I attempted a photo this year to send as a Christmas card.... not. I thought it would be breeze using snacks & all... ow well, one of these days. Both the chows are so gorgeous. I'm so happy for you all.
Momma Chow Celeste to Gorman, Onyx & Irish
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

That is a great family picture. I could never get everyone in my family to sit still long enough to take a family picture.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Glad to hear "my girl" is doing okay..... :wink:

I was a little bit sad after dropping her off, she reminded me so much of Marshall, maybe even had some common ancestor up the line somewhere, it was in the eyes and the smile.

That photo should be stickied under the title "Chows and kids" or "Chows and families" or even "Chows and Chows". Great pic!