It's been a week....here's a few pics

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

It's been a week....here's a few pics

Post by LuLu33 »

It's been a week since we brough dear little Cinnamon home and she's settled in beautifully. The only bad thing I have to report about her is she is a little food/bone aggressive. I'm working on that with her but trying to let her gain my trust a little more before I really take a stronger alpha role. She did growl at me when I went to get her food dish and I backed her away from it and she did back down but she would not have if it was Bailey or the kids. Other than that, she's doing great. Bailey is still afraid of her but they are always together and in the same room together but any weird noise and he's buring his head in the couch. It's so funny, doesn't he know that even though his head is buried that the rest of him is sticking out??! LOL. Little Cinnamon from Atlanta is loving loving loving the SNOW! It's so fun to watch them in the snow. It's been a busy (but fun) week. I've had to leave them alone on several occasions and no problem at all.

Image Cinnamon One Week with us!

Image Cinnamon, LuLu and Bailey (howls) Valentines Day!

Image Cinnamon & Bailey LOVE the SNOW !!

Image Scared Bailey Hides his head! :laughloud:
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

:lol: :lol: Bailey does look silly trying to hide his head. Maybe it's more exasperation than real fear, more like; "...but I thought things were just fine, now she's here and I CAN'T handle it" Darkwind used to come over to me, butt his big ole head against me and let out this real deep sigh, like Firesong's presence was making his whole world topsy-turvy. Now Firesong does something like that with Dreamdancer. I think it's just an act

They look lovely together and are actually quite happy to be together. Cinnamon is beautiful.

I'm sure you'll get a handle on her food aggression soon. That she already backed down once is a good sign.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Cinnamon is so beautful, and tehy do look amazing together. :D

Good luck with the food aggression, we've been there but got through it rather quickly hopefully that'll be the case with Cinnamon too.

I cannot believe Bailey howls!!! He must be so cute doing it. Special never howls, I just thought maybe chows don't howl, I wonder how many others howl.
chris

Post by chris »

Cinn is sosososo beautiful... :-) Baily is such a sweety.. poor thing trying to hide in the couch.
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

I'm so happy for you! Looks like things are going great. I've been thinking about you guys and I'm so glad you are all getting along.

Hugs!
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
Adonis's Mommy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Adonis's Mommy »

Aren't they 2 peas in a pod? So Cinnamon is new to the pack? You must be LuLu, no offense but I was looking for a 3rd Chow in the one picture, then I realized you must be LuLu :lol:
Image Rest In Peace little guy....
vicster605@cmaaccess.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vicster605@cmaaccess.com »

OHHHH LuLu they are both BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Tired of ALL THAT JAZZ ABOUT THE CHOW CHOW BREED!!!!
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

I have a real name LOL

Post by LuLu33 »

LOL...LuLu has a name (Lori) but not many know that so I'm usually LuLu...quite fits me too at times actually :lol:
LuLu was my showgirl chow's name, named after my sister LuAnn who we called Lu also. My LuLu passed away at the age of 13 (6 years ago) and my Sister passed away (at the age of 37) from Breast Cancer. So LuLu hold a special place for me. Just a little history for those that don't know.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

They are beautiful together. Getting a new playmate is a mixed bag- fun to play with, but they never leave! He just needs a little extra love and reassurance is all. I cannot pet one of my girls without the other coming up and demanding her equal share- Pip is much pushier in this regard. When you get to that point, you know the adjustment is full circle!
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Re: "but any weird noise and he's buring his head in the couch."

Research kelp overdose and sensory overload, hyper-awareness. The howling behavior may be related to that.
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Lori,

You guys look so happy! You, your husband, and chowkids are one good looking family! Being from Atlanta, Cinnamon did not have the opportunity to play in snow...what a treat this must be for her!
Thanks for the photos, they're great!
I bet when Bailey figures out that Cinnamon is his sister and is there to stay, he'll relax a bit. In the meantime, I know you are concerned about Bailey's shyness with Cinnamon, but you gotta admit it is kinda cute when he buries his head. :wink:

Bama
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Beautiful pictures Lori and Cinnamon is beautiful 0 so is Bailey. I am so happy for you all. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
rubesgirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rubesgirl »

BEAUTIFUL is the only word to describe your Chows! The photo of them in the snow is classic.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Lulu,

Bailey and Cinnamon look so adorable together. They both sure are beautiful!
Cinammon sure looks like my newest rescue, Cheyenne.

As I stated before...it has been just over a year that we rescued our almost 5yr old Cheyenne. When she goes on a... late night barking at the neighborhood rabbit binge....JR will still get his upset or worried mode in full throttle and run upstairs to let us know. But they are just so attached to each other now and make a wonderful twosome just like your two will do. They seem to be doing great already.

By the way, I also lost my sister at 49 to ovarian cancer.

Sharon
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

They are so cute, i am glad things are working out. Dogs will be dogs, Do you realize that you have more snow than we have in Wisconsin, Scary normally we would have a few feet. dogdad
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

chowfrnd88 wrote:Cinnamon is so beautful, and tehy do look amazing together. :D

Good luck with the food aggression, we've been there but got through it rather quickly hopefully that'll be the case with Cinnamon too.

I cannot believe Bailey howls!!! He must be so cute doing it. Special never howls, I just thought maybe chows don't howl, I wonder how many others howl.
My Ming would howl, Dreamdancer lifted his head once to start and I said "no" and he hasn't done it since. I don't really like howling, and if they start doing it with sirens in the big city it can be a problem. (I live two blocks from the downtown fire house and EMT station. Darkwind did an abbriveated howl with the horrible doorbell we used to have and if the smoke alarms went off or the battery in it died.

Of course all those noises hurt my ears so I KNOW it hurts theirs.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

They are so cute together and I love the snow picture. Cinnamon looks very comfotable in her new house and with you in the picture.

As for Bailey, are you sure he is scared or is he just pouting? :lol: Boogie pouts all the time and part of it is he won't let us see his face. We have to "beg" him and give him extra attention before he will acknowledge us. It is always funny because we can see his tail start to wag which means he really wants to acknowledge us but he tries so hard not too. He is stubborn.