NOPE, Don't think It's Love {Yet} DOG FIGHT!!! Help...

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

vicster605@cmaaccess.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

NOPE, Don't think It's Love {Yet} DOG FIGHT!!! Help...

Post by vicster605@cmaaccess.com »

ALRIGHT, lets go over this again............It was my fault! Can't remember who said NO TREATS, but I SHOULD HAVE.
Funny Thing is I thought Lily was being the dominate one with her GRRRRIN' a couple of times, WELL LET ME TELL YA!!!
DAAAA I gave them each a treat, several feet apart, Mistake #2 Right???? Kearra sat there and watched Lily eatin' her treat and didn't touch hers. Mistake #3 I didn't think she wanted it.......Daaa so I picked it up because I knew Lily would go over there and try and get it, didn't want them to fight :oops: OPPPS #4 I went to put it away with my husband sittin' right there
Lily got up and went over to where her treat used be, to sniff
Kearra had walked away and almost with me in the kitchen WHEN SHE SNUCK LILY!!!
She ran between the sofas and jumped her!!!
WELL, Lily is VERY HUMMBLE now and jumpy, and Kearra is walkin' around like she is the Queen Bee!!!My husband was amazed at how fast and without any hesitation......

Alright, I fed them separately today, one inside, one outside, Keep feeding them that way???
NO TREATS??? Or treats separately in different rooms???I'm AFRAID VERY AFRAID haha

Oh and they went outside after their spat, NO PROBLEMS running playin sniffin
No body got hurt BUT I GOT A NEW GRAY HAIR!!!
SOOO Can we go over this again?????
Tired of ALL THAT JAZZ ABOUT THE CHOW CHOW BREED!!!!
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

It sounds like they are working things out for themselves just fine. The point was made and accepted, and no one was hurt, then they went on with business as usual. What more do you want?
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Let them work it out. As long as it is not escalading to where someone gets hurt, it is better to let them work out who is leader. And get them trained so things will be easier for everyone.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Bless your little heart....I know this doggie-merger has been challenging to you.
I sing your praises for efforts. You have opened your heart and your home to your family which includes the new furkids. Oh me, what we won't do for our children?
Hang in there!
At this point, with the move in of your daughter and grandchild, the furkids probably sense the disruption of harmony in your household. They could be acting out of insecurity and all will calm down soon. But, the sooner you can get a handle on things, the less opportunity disruption has of spiraling out of contol.
First, YOU should decide what is acceptable behavior for these two furkids.
Personally, I would have them both submit to me for their treats and food. And I would get that message across now, rather than later.
I feel if you do not address the problem at the time it happens, but rather opt to simply separate them at feeding/treat time, you are not resolving the problem.
Instead, by omission, you are reinforcing the their ill-mannered behavior.
If these two furkids were your grandchildren, would you allow them to behave so rudely inside the house?
Probably not. Just like children, they will test you to see what they can get away with. I'm sure you have some house rules that apply to anyone inside your home.
I believe if these two furkids are going to be inside the home, you should expect/demand they follow the house rules and be mannerly just like all other family members.
Since I am unaware of the house/yard arrangements of these two furkids, I can't get into much more detail at this time.
Keep us posted.

Bama
vicster605@cmaaccess.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vicster605@cmaaccess.com »

Thank you so much for the support!!!!

And Bama you did it again.............THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REMINDING ME......I DID IT YEA!!!! I took control, and stopped being afraid they would fight, and MADE THEM HAVE A PEACEFUL MEAL TOGETHER :D :D Kearra wanted to worry about what Lily was doing, so I quickly and STERNLY corrected her, and sure enough she minded HER business. They finished eating I picked up their bowls and they went off playing together YEA!!!!
All the household rules and yard rules are fine since they know them already, Lily lived here for 9mo. before, so they both know them.

I have a new respect for multiple dog owners :lol: :lol:
Tired of ALL THAT JAZZ ABOUT THE CHOW CHOW BREED!!!!