My Clowie is so funny...^_^

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

mitchan14
Rank 0
Rank 0

My Clowie is so funny...^_^

Post by mitchan14 »

I tried teaching her to 'sit' by rewarding her with a treat. She learned quite fast...well, sort of. Now she sits everytime i SHOW her the treat...but she NEVER sits when I tell her to. Does anybody have the same experience with their pups? (I think she deliberately disobeys me, like, "I'll only sit if I get a treat!") :roll:
EuroSuzie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: My Clowie is so funny...^_^

Post by EuroSuzie »

mitchan14 wrote:I tried teaching her to 'sit' by rewarding her with a treat. She learned quite fast...well, sort of. Now she sits everytime i SHOW her the treat...but she NEVER sits when I tell her to. Does anybody have the same experience with their pups? (I think she deliberately disobeys me, like, "I'll only sit if I get a treat!") :roll:
You have to wean them off the treats when trying to get them to sit. Sometimes they get a treat sometimes they get a big old "good girl!!" with a head rub and hugs. They are kept guessing as to when they get a treat or not. Then you work towards them sitting and being satisfied with a good head rub and hugs. My girls are at the guessing part and are doing pretty well! Hard work tho!
vicster605@cmaaccess.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vicster605@cmaaccess.com »

EuroSuzie is right, :lol: :lol: They learn VERY FAST, in less than 3 wks I taught Kearra how to Sit, Speak, Give me five, and down..........Now she hears the treat bag,gets soooo excited and she will start and go through the whole routine {she sits, woffffs,trys to give me five and then downs all at the same time TOO FUNNY!!! I only give the treat when she does what I ask though..........THEY WILL DO ANYTHING FOR A TREAT :lol: :lol:
Tired of ALL THAT JAZZ ABOUT THE CHOW CHOW BREED!!!!
dchernandez
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dchernandez »

I thought Riley was the only one. Whenever there is food involved he sits. We could be cooking dinner and he'll come and sit in the middle of the kitchen. He hears the bag of treats openning and he rushes to the kitchen and sits. He also sits before I put his bowl of food down.

Before we go on a walk, as soon as he sees me pull the leash out of the cabinet he runs to the door and sits. He's so silly. We trying to teaching him how to lay down. :lol:
Claudia & Riley
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I agree with what the others have said. It took a long time for Special to sit without a treat, but he does it very reliably now. On the other hand, he still sits everytime he sees a treat in my hand, I think that's an artifact of excitement more than anything. Soemtimes he actually runs through all of his tricks too, it's like he's thinking "okay what do I have to do to get that, let me show you evereything I know!"
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Leela actually sits pretty well regardless, but is quite delighted when a treat is involved. She does, however, strictly observe dinner rules....always being seated -- all the way down -- to be served 8)
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose