Chow Book - What do you think your Chow would be if.........

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Chow Book - What do you think your Chow would be if.........

Post by Judy Fox »

On the old site we had a discussion about what we thought our chows would be if he or she were a human.
I wrote a piece about how I felt Milly and Mabel would be and I will be reproducing it for the book.

There are a lot of new posters with beautiful new chows on this site and I think it would make a lovely chapter in the book to see their thoughts, so please everybody - sit down and be a little creative.

Our chow chows are different - they are not like other dogs so let us see these lovely creatures transformed into their "human" forms.

If Chows were Human… the story of the Maiden Aunts.

(excerpts) So, what I imagine they would be if they were human is "Maiden Aunts". I think they would own and run a needlework shop selling all kinds of knitting wool, embroidery silks and linen, needles, crochet cotton and hooks, lace making equipment etc.

As they are maiden sisters, they would live together and their lives would be very ordered and predictable. They would be very fond of each other and they would probably drive to their shop in a little Austin A35 car...

NOTE: This thread may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or attorney work product for the sole use of developing the cc.org chow book - Judy F. and Mandy B., intended recipients. Any review, reliance, reproduction or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

If Chows were Human…

(excerpts) Our boy, Suntzu, would have been a soldier for the U.S. Army - the Special Forces, Ranger unit to be exact. He would have been assigned to exotic countries on missions he would write his sister, Sunshine, about. He'd send Sunshine all sorts of souvenirs from these exotic places ...

If Chows were Human…

(excerpts) Our girl, Sunshine, was a typical California gal. She loved listening to loud music from Bobby Vinton to Heavy Metal! She was funny that way...

If Chows were Human…

(excerpts) My boy, Zhuyo, was a high school teacher! He was tall, blonde and a gentle fellow. The ground he walked on was worshipped. His students voted him "Favorite Teacher" 10x's in a row! He was honored by the Disney organization and awarded fellowships for his distinguised teaching service. He received the Caldecott Medal for his library of published children's books based on stories his cousin, Sunshine, would share about a couple of sisters in a small town in Britain, lovingly known as "The Maiden Aunts"....

If Chows were Human…

(excerpts) My girl, Pooh Bear, had an odd past. Although Miss Pooh Bear was really a royal, a decendent from a line of royals from Formosa. She was brought into the country as a mail order bride. It was just suppose to be a joke between her and some girly friends, but once she got into the country, it was no laughing matter....

More to come, Judy!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I hate to say this but I think if Pekoe were a Human she would be a gang member, most likely the leader. Plus dark city alley's are her favorite places to walk, she has dragged me into places I thought we would never come out of alive. Try walking your Chow Through downtown Oakland at night, Pekoe loved it, and for some reason she spent alot of time sniffing around the the city's coroners building.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Jeff, that's too funny! But I think you're right. Besides, look at what my Pooh Bear would have been - a *Censored Word* slave!
Last edited by Zhuyos mom on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Debs chow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Debs chow »

Jeff now that's funny!

Cheyenne would be your stuck up model, you can look but don't touch.

AL&Deb
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

That's funny, Deb. I was thinking the same about Lily, but that doesn't quite say it all. She will take some thinking...Pip would have been in conflict resolution-a Union Arbitrator, I think.
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

I think if Gracie were human she'd be a over weight chef. She is so into food. If she was human she'd be in the kitchen all the time cooking up a storm, sampling the food as she cooks.
I'm not sure what Princess would be, maybe a emotional house wife or something.
precious's mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by precious's mom »

What a great thread!!! I'll have to think about that one. Can't think off the top of my head what Precious would be? Any ideas from the pictures you've seen of her?

Missi & Precious
Missi

created by the AMAZINGLY TALENTED sweetpea
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Excellent - npow we are getting somewhere.

Please, expect a private message from me!!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

precious's mom wrote:What a great thread!!! I'll have to think about that one. Can't think off the top of my head what Precious would be? Any ideas from the pictures you've seen of her?

Missi & Precious
She looks like a PE Teacher, or some olympic athelete. She's not a street urchin like my PB that's for sure! Woops! That's part II of her story. :oops:
HemiCuda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by HemiCuda »

This was a topic that my husband and i have discussed alot!

Hemi: would have to have been a general, or drill sargent! :lol: He is allways ordering zeuse around, like he is doing a pirimitor check!

Zeus: would be the new recruit! They kinda remind me of The beatle Baily comics, Zeus runs and checks everthing and if he spots somthing off he reports to the general, who if he thinks its worth getting up to check will then see if their is a threat! :lol:
precious's mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by precious's mom »

Ha, ha! Pretty funny stuff here! OH Miss Pooh say it isn't so! Not a street urchin?!

Precious's personality is very aloof - very diva-ish. She does what she wants in her own time, when she feels like it. Her appearance is very important too her. When she had puppies and gained weight and lost hair, you could see her sadness in her eyes from the pictures we took of her. Loves attention from us when it suits her. If she's ready for an afternoon nap and I wake her for some reason, I get "the look"....you know, the "do you mind" look.

Maybe she's an old washed up diva disco singer that can't get a gig and is now hooked on drugs (soloxine, glycoflex III, dermcaps, trilostane, and the list goes on.) Poor Precious, I think I made her up to be something weird!!!

Missi
Last edited by precious's mom on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Missi

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I think Ms. Kearra would probably be a TRUE SOUTHERN BELLE, with her beautiful long flowing skirt tails, her servants to wait on her{ namely me}and bring her Mint Julips on her beautiful white front porch. OH and someone to FAN her cuz it is SOOOO HOT down here. SWEET, BEAUTIFUL, GRACIOUS, AND EVERYTHING IN HER OWN TIME, BUT ALWAYS THE LADY!!!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Come on - more............more!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Maybe Precious would have been a desperate housewife?
Last edited by Auddymay on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
precious's mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by precious's mom »

Oh YES!!!!!!!! That is perfect! And I absolutely LOVE that show!!!! Desperate Housewife it is!! I believe she would be Gabby!
Missi

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

"Maybe she's an old washed up diva disco singer that can't get a gig and is now hooked on drugs (soloxine, glycoflex III, dermcaps, trilostane, and the list goes on.) Poor Precious, I think I made her up to be something weird!!!

Don't worry, there's still hope, PBS is always bringing back those old Disco and Do Wop singers for fund raiser concerts some of those shows are pretty good if some havn't seen them But I do pass on the disco shows.

So instead say, I picture Precious as an old washed up diva disco singer that has been brought back to stardom by PBS, If it wern't for Precious's disco Music PBS would have closed down.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

This is soooooo awesome!!! :D

Hmmm... I'm not sure what Special would be either, I'll have to give it some thought. It has to be something centered around his playfulness because he is so non-stop happy and loves, loves his toys and play-bowing, so he needs some free-spirited work. I do know that of course he would be the neighborhood know-it-all, not exactly a gossip because he keeps what he knows to himself, but he would know everything! :D
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Well done - keep going - you are doing fine all of you - then formulate the story ............ :lol:
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

If my chows had been/were human:

MingToy Wu, was a bard, gentle with the village children and a bit aloof. He loved to watch the people so he would have more stories to tell. A quiet thinker who kept his own very wise counsel unless asked for a story or advice.

Lichi Wu, was a policeman, his motto was, "to serve and to protect." That's what he did. Very loyal and true blue all the way. And like the neighborhood beat patrolperson he liked to play with kids and had a good sense of humor.

Ming-the-merciless; was and explorer like Indiana Jones he liked to go places and see new things. He was good at escapes too. Also he was a ladies man, loved the ladies, but wasn't too keen on other males.

Darkwind was the counselor, the mentor. He could make any situation calm just by his presence. He was very much the giver and not a taker.

Firesong is a PARTY girl and she adores attention from any male. She's cute and she knows it.

Dreamdancer hasn't decided what he's going to be yet...
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I think Jeff's answer is hilarious!!!

If chows were human....

Studley-Do-Right; would have been a pimp, he liked keeping his bitches in line! :lol:

Foxy, would have been Queen of her own kingdom! All the "little people" of the world are not worthy.

Queen of Sheba, would have been a singer in a rock and roll band!
She liked to make cute little song sounds and dance around!
She could "work it"!
Ultimately, Sheba would have won the first American Idol with four legs!!!!
Simon Cowell says... Brilliant, Gene Simmons will be painting his tongue blue!!!!
Randy says...Yo, you're a winner dawg!
Paula says...Gene Simmons, who?

***Hey, you asked, didn't you??? :lol: :lol:
Last edited by bama on Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chris

Post by chris »

I'm trying to think...

during the day, Steel would be a drill sargent. Very up-right and stern as well as very wise and serious...however moosh around his girlfriend or wife.

At night, he would definatly be a comedian (sp?)

For the most part Steel is a serious chow, yet here and there will pull pranks on me and be a goof ball, but he always wants to be lovey with me. :-)
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

Bailey would be the class clown that gets out of detention because he would be the sly one that you wouldn't think he did it and looking at that face you'd say no he couldn't have or if he got caught in the act he'd make up some excuse how it wasn't his fault.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

As a young girl, Lily would have been fussed over to be a lady, which she would have fought all the way. Beautiful wheat-blonde hair, small build, and an energy that tells everyone she may be small, but she is in command of her world.
Always a tomboy and outdoor adventurer, as she grew to womanhood, she scoffed at the conventional behavior of the other women her age, prefering to go hunting and fishing, or river rafting and rock climbing with her male friends instead of a dinner and a movie.
She would have attended college on scholarship, being a smart and curious student. Her only fault being cooped in a classroom made her fidgit! Her field of interest would be botany, with a dual major in landscape design.
Once out of school, she would move to a rural community. Having the good fortune of talent, she makes a good living designing landscapes that she can do from her remote log home in the woods, with good fishing and hunting all around her. In the winter, she works in her greenhouse, trying to come up with the first true blue daylily. (This eludes her until her later years, when she gains a measure of fame and noteriety in the botany world for creating a true blue hybrid.)
Lily discovers that men are for more than hunting and fishing partners, and marries the guy that owns the sport's equiptment store.

Well, that's Lily's story. Hope it's what you were looking for.
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

Special Dark could be a Jester with all the playing and bowing :wink:

Nikita is just a baby, so I really can't say what she'd be. She still acts like a child, but I do think she would grow up to be someones bestest friend ever.