Help Kevin!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Help Kevin!

Post by Breathless »

Just crossposting this. Can anybody take Kevin in for a few days?

http://chowchow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3021

here's the old link with Kevin's pic

http://chowchow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2965
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

where in PA do you need to get him?
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

I can maybe help. Saturday is better for me than Sunday but I can try to help. Is he going to the Chow rescue in Lancaster?
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Well I got Kevin today and will drop him off in the am for the big ride up north. He is a sweetheart, a drooler, but a sweetheart none the less. He is outside playing with my three now as I type. His short stature reminds me of someone................. :(
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

I offered to help with the transport or foster of Kevin. Has it been taken care of? I never got a call back.
mrtdwt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mrtdwt »

Sojourner11,

Thank you for helping with this transport and getting the lovely drooling Kevin to his new home. It is much appreciated!

Michelle
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Somebody forgot to mention he wasnt housebroken, he started peeing on every corner and every peice of furniture... #-o

His coat was so tangled and matted too, it took a good 2 hours of combing to get just a few out....sucks to think this sweet little guy was not only left outside all the time, but then abandoned as well. To those who left him to fend for himself :evil:

But he is now on his way to a better life.

ps. I think he has a tooth problem as well, he has halitosis (sp?) like you wouldnt believe, I think that is causing the drooling. When I wipe it off it smells to high heaven of rot.
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

May those who mistreated and abandoned him have tooth rot in this life, and rot in Hell in the next. :evil:

Good Job on helping him out! =D= =D= =D=
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

When will his transport begin?
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Boggled wrote:When will his transport begin?
Well I dropped him off this morning at 8:30am in Marietta and as far as I know he is on his way. The girl who I handed him off too was just taking him up the road to Commerce GA, which isnt to far up I-85. I'm not sure what the plan is after that. Jeanne was coordinating this end of it and I really can't say what the overall plan was for Kevin. All I know is that the rescue group Penta...(something) in PA was his destination, or at least they were the ones listed on his paperwork from the Spaulding animal control.

Weird thing was she was from right over where I am but for some reason we met up I-75 in Marietta. We both drove way more north than we needed to in order to make it happen, no biggie though, glad just to help Kev Kev on his way to a better life.

Kevin (strange name for a dog btw) reminded me so much of Marshall, with the exception of his color the rest was so similar. Even during the little bit of grooming I tried to give him I noticed that bit of attitude that Marsh had. In trying to pick out clumps of undercoat I was really pulling at times, up to the point when he had enough, he turned and nipped a bit, not even making contact or anything, just letting me know I was pulling to hard. When it was time to go to bed I went to put him in the crate and he didnt like that at all. I was pushing him in when he started to growl some...he went in but not without letting me know he didnt want to. It was obvious he was an outside dog and didnt like the confinement. But given he was peeing on everything I didnt want to let him loose all night. He cried a bit early this am when my alarm went off, and when I let him out he went right over to my entertainment center and hiked his leg and relieved himself....as if my house doesnt smell of dog pee already.......

Ah well, even though he was just here less than 24 hours I really liked the little guy and would like to find out how his story ends. He even jumped up on the couch with me and got some good back scratching and rubbing while he was here.
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

That is so generous of you to help the poor guy out and be so understanding. From all the posts on how sweet this guy is I was wondering if maybe he'd be a good playmate for Bailey but given the not housebroken information that's a bit scary. Pendegrawn rescue is a good one and Teri will get to know him and know what's best for him. It's just great he gets to live. I hope too that he ends up happy and where he is supposed to be. In my past years of helping with rescue I felt that God gave me a heart for rescue as a way to realize that one is enough. It's kind of like company..it's great to have them but also a relief to get your house/life back once they go. Kind of the eye opener put things in perspective kind of thing. In spite of it all the poor guy sounds like he did well after all he's been through and the bouncing around he's going through. Poor thing! You are an angel for helping him!
Keep us posted on his story.
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Yeah, even though he was just he a few hours he made quite the impression. Reminds me of Marshall so much, that little spunky dog tempered with Chow poise and attitude. His house training can be overcome, when he hiked his leg I raised my voice and he got the message. He probably was never a house dog but he could used to it, he made himself right at home and hopped up on the dogs couch and slept soundly after dinner. During the day he just ran around out back marking everything and enjoying the freedom.

He did seem sad like he knew that he was going somewhere else when I dropped him off....and he wasn't the only one. I almost decided to keep him, but 3 is all I can handle and afford at the moment. I hope he makes it to a loving home and they stop in and let us know how he is making out. Otherwise I may have to drive up to PA and get my little buddy back. :wink:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I was worried you would get attached...you are definitely making up for the time you grew up dog-less. And that's okay. I believe you are what they call 'a natural' when it comes to dogs.