Alex passed over the Rainbow bridge this evening

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Alex passed over the Rainbow bridge this evening

Post by carolyn dewrance »

My Chow Alexander of Meltari passed away this evening, I had gone to put him and Smurf away fro the night and found him lying on the ground, He suffered a gastric torsion, Robin and I did the best we could in the dark to release the gasses in his stomach with a gastric tube, but this was a complete torsion and really nothing could have saved him.
Alex would have been 12 years old on the 21st of January.
We buried in the garden. I am going to miss this wonderful chow, a gentelman, and a best friend.
Carolyn and Robin
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

My condolences, Carolyn. I know when Zhu had bloat, he was in utter pain. You and Robin did the best you could to help ease Alex's suffering.

Alex is with Zhu and all the lovely chows at the Happy Hunting Ground "zooming" around freely.

Take good care of yourself.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I am so sorry Carolyn. That is a blow - now Alex is in the Happy Hunting Grounds with all the other beautiful chows. No more pain, just springtime and youth. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chris

Post by chris »

Oh Carolyn, Im so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I am so sorry, Carolyn.

Condolences and hugs from Yvonne and Brandon
phatnanna
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by phatnanna »

Our condolences you will be in our prayers, but there is no pain there.
I am the proud owner of Cleo
marla tierney
Rank 0
Rank 0

so sorry

Post by marla tierney »

I am so sorry for your loss. You must be heart broken. Your in my thoughts.
Brisco
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Brisco »

I thought that Brisco and Dixie were a bit down today, they must have known. Sorry for you loss.

Matthew
No matter where you go, there you are.
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

Carolyn, my deepest condolences to you.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
arnis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by arnis »

Carolyn, I am very sorry for your loss. you will be in my prayers today.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I'm sorry you lost your Alex. My thoughts are with you. I'm also sorry it had to be traumatic for you in the manner you lost him.
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Thank you every one, yes I do miss my dear old man, and Smurf is missing him so much as well they have lived together all their lives, poor girl, how do you console her, I am sure she knows what happened, but even though I talk to her and tell her that he is at peace now does she really understand.
Bless you all
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I just want to say how sorry I am for you and your loss.
It always weighs heavy on our hearts to lose a beloved friend. However, I hope it brings you comfort to know that he is in a special place of love, where no pain or worries are felt.
I know he'll always be a fond memory.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Sorry about your chow Alex. He had a full life, now he's without pain. I lost my Luna in July/05. Now i have Mikki who's a great companion, my cat Phoebe loves her too.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Sorry to hear about Alex and your loss Carolyn.

I do have a quetion though, Whats a Gastic tube and as prone to bloat as Chows are is this something we should all have in our emergency kits.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Carolyn, I was so shocked to read your post, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. You, Smurf, and the others will be in our thoughts-- hug her tight for us.
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

So sorry to hear of your loss Carolyn. Alex is now full again and playing at the land of no sorrows. We or should I say my folks lost our first chow to the same thing altho I was living away from home by then. That was over 20yrs ago. We still remember her, the strong minded red chow called Cha-Cha. They are all waiting for us at the bridge and one day we can be together again.

Warmest Hugs, LEO's mum
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I'm so sorry to read this. It's hard when it happens after a long illness but a short illness or suddenly like that is even harder.

Take care of yourself. [:D]
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

huge hugs to you and your family.

Loss is so hard...so permanent...so cruel.

Please be patient with yourself and allow yourself to move slowly beyond the grief. Grief needs to be played out before it goes away.
Love the rest of your family like there is no tomorrow.

And I was once told by another "dogaholic" that the best tribute you can give to the one that has earned his wings is to take another into your heart.
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

So sorry about Alex. He is now a handsome Chow Angel!

I think that putting our beloved creatures in our back garden keeps them so close to our heart.
My MoMo is back there in my somewhat designated burial site by my apple tree. JR and Cheyenne spend a lot of time around himand I know that he watches over them.

Sharon
Chowsrule
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chowsrule »

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy saying goodbye.

I lost my Tia in May, 2005 and I still miss her everyday. I have 2 other "kids" now who have brought much to my life. However, none ever "replace" the ones we lost. I felt that by adding to my family, I was honoring Tia. I know she's waiting for me as your Alex waits for you. How happy that reunion will be!
Kristie
cheungfoon
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cheungfoon »

I'm so sorry to hear your loss. Actually, my mixed Chow also passed away on Nov 25. He had the same age of yours. I totally understand what you feel. My sister asked me to let him go since he might have something he wanted to do. Then he is free now.

Take care.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost Luna in July 2006, it's still fresh in my mind as if it happened yesterday. I now have a new walking buddy, she's sweet and I love her. But I do miss my first furkid.

The Story of the Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals that had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

~ Author Unknown
Elaina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Elaina »

Oh Carolyn, I'm so sorry for your loss. You, Robin and Smurf are in our prayers.
Peace and Blessings
Elaina, Max-A-Million, Mei-Mei, Mikko and our Queen...Mahayana
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Carolyn,
I'm so sorry for your loss! I'm sure Rick met him at the Bridge. They're watching over you now.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh