General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

The furkids are now best friends

Post by Mandy »

Hi All!

In my last post about Chewie and our new girl Ceyanne, I mentioned how she established her dominance and how it was so hard for me to be hands off. Good thing I did because now they are best friends! The run around a play all the time! The first time Ceyanne tried to play with Chewie he just stood there, staring up at the ceiling, letting her chew on his neck. He had no idea what to do! Should he play back? Will he get bit? It took a day of her taunting him for him to finally decide that it was okay to play back now and since then it has been non-stop playtime! For a 5 yr old girl, she has a TON of energy! They are so cute together. They will be going at each other like vicious beasts and the next second they are giving each other kisses. Chewie keeps her eyes clean beautifully (thought that was going to be our job, but I guess not!) They crack me up. Chewie plays so different with her than he plays with all of his other dog friends. She bites his ankles and neck, and he takes her down by shoving his butt at her, pushing on her back with his head, and chewing on her ears. He outweighs her by about 10 - 15lbs but I still think she is boss! Here are some pics of play time...

get him Ceyanne

play nice!

kisses

Hugs to all!

Mandy, Chewie & Ceyanne
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Wonderful pictures Mandy. :D

It is wonderful to see them playing together and being affectionate with each other. Milly and Mabel absolutely adore each other and kiss each other and often walk around, joined at the shoulder! :lol:

Wonderful pictures. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Wonderful!!! Not only did you give her a forever home, but you gave her a life mate (platonic though it may be :wink: ). They look so happy!!!
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Your chows are beautiful! It looks like they've been together forever! My girls also go from active play to kissing each other all the time, I hope they always get along...Lily is getting at that age where supposedly she might start fighting with other females in the house...my biggest fear!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Your two are so pretty together and look so happy with each other.

Does one of them sound like a bear when they play? Darkwind makes this noise that sounds like he's going to eat her, (Firesong) up, but he really doesn't, she's far more mouthy than he is, she grabs his ruff and tries to drag him around the room. He just pretends like he's going to grab her, but never does. Which is good, my Firesong is only 35-40lbs and Darkwind is 70+ lbs, so it's good that he's aware of the size difference and is somewhat gentle with her.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
CenTexChows
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CenTexChows »

Yup, I remember when Zeus first came home with us. Andromeda didn't care much from him and at times showed him who was Queen of the house. In a couple of weeks they started to become friends. Every now and then she still shows who the boss is.

Those are awesome pictures of your babies! They look wonderful together.

Zeus loves to bite her on the neck and ears. Is that giving kisses? It’s impossible to pet Andromeda head or under the chin without getting wet.
:lol:
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

The neck and ears are his favorite places to chew too! Poor little girl.

And yes Victory - Chewie always sounds like a little bear. grunting, huffing, puffing- if any of you are familiar with star wars... there are times I think he sounds exactly like a Tan Tan.

Okay now you all know how crazy I am...

Mandy