Firesong and Dreamdancer

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

They sure are cute when they're little, aren't they? He's got that "I'm so cute I can get away with anything" look. Too cute!

Some of your photos reminded me of what I heard some neighbor kid say the other evening when we took a walk..."it looks like a fox". I'm assuming they meant Ping - she does resemble a fox, a really big fox.
“No one appreciates the special genius of your conversation like a dog does”...Christopher Morley
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

My new digetal makes mini movies, I'm not sure how long they can be yet but here are three short ones, with them playing together

and a couple of pictures of my now 15 week old boy...

I know it's bigger than me but I still killed it!

I'm learning to do the royal thing
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

This must really be a senior moment but I just realized those were video's I thought you guys were just framing the pictures. That's so dumb I shouldn't even be admitting it.

That's cool that they get along so well I like the jump in the second vid. I see it didn't take Dreamdancer very long to learn the pose position.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Victory,
Those video's are just great...I see that your Chowdren get along really well...how cute!

Sharon
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

When Lily was that size last year, the play never seemed to stop. We just lifted our feet to clear the way! In more recent times, they seem to actually have playtime, then it's done for a bit. You captured the sneak attack, something I think is instinctive in our chows, like the chase instinct is, too.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

The videos are awesome!! He is getting sooooo big.
Chowsrule
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chowsrule »

OMG, the video is so cute! I love the first one where the little guy is shaking his head and then going right back into it. I want more puppies! :lol:
Kristie
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

This is of us at the park, that's me and Firesong playing and you see mom's shadow and her hand and she says she needs to take us to a yard, (what's that?) that's fenced so we can really run.

Thank you SweetPea!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Boy those two get along great, is that luck or does Firesong get along with most dogs.

Victory, Did you get a new Video Camera or a new digitol camera that takes video's also, are you using the video part of a digitol Camera, Your video's look great. I took some of Pekoe off my 3 year old Digitol but the video's look terrible, I may have to get a new one.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Aw!!! :D He is just so cute and Firesong is the perfect big sis!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Boy those two get along great, is that luck or does Firesong get along with most dogs.

Victory, Did you get a new Video Camera or a new digitol camera that takes video's also, are you using the video part of a digitol Camera, Your video's look great. I took some of Pekoe off my 3 year old Digitol but the video's look terrible, I may have to get a new one.
Firesong LOVES other dogs, even when they don't like her :D, she's not too crazy about people, she puts up with them, but mostly she wants to play with the dogs. That was one of the reasons for getting Dreamdancer so soon, she needs that interaction.

And it's a digital camera that takes videos, Nikon CoolPix L4, their least expensive model actually. It's my first digital and I'm very happy with it.
Thank you SweetPea!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Next time you go for a walk, bring your camera, sit by a tree or on a bench and get a few photos for my eyes only. Then send them to me, and I'll make you a page or 2.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Victory, I have the Nikon Coolpix 4800 ED. I got it two years ago for the zoom. I LOVE it!! I think Nikons are great for chow photography and I have to say that the quality of the videos are really good too on these things, as evidenced by your clips here! Keep 'em coming! :D
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

I got the Nikon L3 because it was on sale, but I really like it.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Picture update 1 lots of new pictures

Post by Victory »

Looking noble

a break during play

I do serious really well

I'll do something silly in a minute

I'm going to get those squirrels!

she's still so silly

But I had to take the cover off...why is it stuck?
Thank you SweetPea!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Picture update 2--lots of new pictures

Post by Victory »

It tastes good...though it's a bit chewy

a well deserved break after creating mayhem and chaos

there are things in the window

the great huntress...she wishes

what do you mean there's nothing for me in here..are you sure?

waiting for mom to say the word

well come on we're waiting
Thank you SweetPea!
chris

Post by chris »

awsome.. just awsome.

Hey Victory.. I notcied the harnesses you have on them. How do they work? Well for you?
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

The photo where Firesong has her paws bent ,laying on her side with little brother standing over her looks like a page out of Pip and Lil's book. Pip seems to spend a lot of time playing from that same position. I am always amazed how quickly they grow. Dreamdancer is getting to be a big boy! I bet he'll love the snow. Better where your thermals when he goes out for his first snow adventure, it may be hard getting him to go back inside!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Boy these Chows grow up fast, it wasn't to long ago you where pushing him around in a shopping cart. I guess never having a puppy I didn't realize how fast they grow. Dreamdancer looks like an official Chow now not a bear cub any more.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

chris wrote:awsome.. just awsome.

Hey Victory.. I notcied the harnesses you have on them. How do they work? Well for you?
Firesong is a puller, for years she's been wearing the gentleleader halter and it made it better but not perfect, she learned to turn her head side-ways with it and pull like that, (then we'd do the sit thing and such) When I got Dreamdancer I first had a regular harness for him, but he needed something to discourage his pulling after a bit. I didn't want to use a choke chain on his young neck and throat, his muzzle was too short for any type of halti so I got the gentle-leader harness, it works wonderfully! First time out with it and he actually paid attention to me. I went back a few days and got one for Firesong, and again 100% improvement. And with Firesong and her squirrel fetish, that's saying a lot.
Thank you SweetPea!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

OMG, he is so big, he looks soooooooooo handsome. Special plays with me in the position that Firesong is in with the bent knees, but I think that sometimes it's his secret code for "I need a belly rub." Firesong is looking beautiful as usual too.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

I cannot believe how big Firesong is getting...so adorable.
And Dreamdancer is as beautiful as ever.

Sharon
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Chowfrnd88, I don't think the bent knees posture is any "secret code". It seems to be standard Chowneese for "belly rub". The urgency of the demand is indicated by how far on to his/her back the requester rolls. The front legs can also be waved as necessary for added emphasis. (At least that's what Benny taught me, when he got bored with ignoring me.) :D
Sylvia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sylvia »

Wow Firesong is getting so big so fast!! Doesn't seem that long ago when we saw the pictures of him in the Petco shopping cart. :)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

they are lovely Victory and Dreamdancer certainly has grown. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)