Hello everyone! I'm new here + Pic of my Chow!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

asdln
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hello everyone! I'm new here + Pic of my Chow!

Post by asdln »

Hey all!
I am new around here, I am from Israel, I own a beautiful Chowchow named Lulu and he is 7 years old.
Lately I have decided that I want that my dog will have a female, he looks very lonely, so I decided either to adopt/buy one OR breed him with a female without having her, but it is very difficult since here in Israel I can't find any female chow owners and to find one to adopt is really hard, I could only found some for sale for prices like 1600~$ USD.
But I won't give up, I really want to find one, I hope I will!
Here is a picture of my Chowchow Lulu:

Click the thumbnail for full size.

Post by Guest »

Very pretty dog. I will suggest not breeding him for two reasons, one there are alot of dogs that are in need of homes already and you wouldn't be having only one puppy but a litter. And two, your boy is getting up there in age, I personally think that 7 is a little too old to be breeding. Good Luck with your search though and show more pictures of your boy! What a cutie!

Oh, by the way, WELCOME!!!
Taz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Taz »

Ohh, what a cute Chow. :)
Welcome.

I know many dogs that are used in breed even tho they are 7 years old, and it's not a problem as long as it is the dog and not the bitch that is 7 years old.
So good luck. :)
And post a lot of picture of him. :D
asdln
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by asdln »

Thanks Chowlover and Taz!
The main reason for getting him a female is not puppies actually, I just dont want him to be lonely, sometimes when I am away from home I think what he is doing in the same moment, and when I get home he gets up on his feet and start jumping next to me happily.
I was amazed to see the amount of Chows that people want to give in the "Chow Chows That Need A Home" section, I would gladly take one or two to my home but they are all very far away from Israel.. If anyone is planning a trip to Israel soon and has a chow he wants to give, just let me know, I'll come anytime!

Well, I am still searching, I will let you know when there will be some updates and of course I'll try to post as many as pictures as I can.
Hope to see pictures of your Chows too!

Bye for now!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Welcome and I think your boy is gorgeous. :D

I can understand how you want a companion for him. They do well with company.

Chows are rather scarce in the UK also.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Hi and Welcome!!

My pup, Chewie, is a year old and we are just getting him a playmate, Ceyanne who is 5 yrs old. She comes home on sunday.

I understand the desire to have a friend for him! That is the whole reason we are getting a second dogs. Even though our wonderful chows are quite solitary animals by nature... every dog has a pack instinct. I'm sure your beautiful boy would love a playmate. Good luck in finding a Chow out there. Let us know your progress and welcome to the site.

Many of the owners and breeders on this site are experts on Chows and give wonderful and helpful advice whenever you need it.

And it's just a great place to share pictures! Take a look at the photo discussion page to see lots of pics of some great pups!

Welcome again!

Mandy & Chewie