The Big Transport weekend of October 14 -4 legs to go!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

It is very bad.

Charges could be involved if the pups are not produced before saturday if they are not already dead.

And if that goes through, there will be at least 7 dogs in animal control most likely (not incl pups) and then i might be in the horrible position of having to play God.

I really tried. I am still trying to try.

I hope i am not being punished for the lesson of hanging on too long with all of this. At least there are 8 dogs, and 2 rabbits in good homes now. And i keep trying to tell myself that over and over so i don't totally crack over this.
mrtdwt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mrtdwt »

Banish that thought out of your head right now. There is no punishment going on. Because of you, right now there are 8 dogs and 2 rabbits that are infinitely better off than they were a short while ago. You have done a wonderful thing and I don't want you to forget it.

These other two "idiots" will pay at some point - and you will be rewarded for your actions as well. I salute you and thank God there are people like you. You have my heartfelt best wishes and gratitude for all you've done for these babies. God Bless You! We need more folks like you!

Michelle (thankful mom of 2 rescues)

P.S. I'm down in Austin, TX and anytime you or anyone else needs a transport through my area, I would be proud and happy to help out.
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

Yvonne wrote: I assume Boo made it okay and is happy in Iowa?
No! He made it alright but the new family rejected him right off the bat. When he arrived having been just on a 3 day car ride when he has never been anywhere before, his first response was to hide behind a bush and chill to regroup himself. They wrote BooBoo off as he didn't want to interact with them right away. I mean - what did they expect/? he didn't bark, growl, or bite. he was a good boy - he just needed alone time to regroup from being 20million miles from home. I mean they supposefly understood the situation that they owed it to him to give him time. I hope they knew that if they accepted him, they were saving his life not just taking a dog out on approval.

larry is bringing BooBoo back. I told him that there was s pot waiting in TX chow rescue, i told him about you all in Chicago, Ohio, Missouri who would come to Boo's aid or would take him if he could get him there and he said "no - i have decided to keep the boy."

WTF????

And he is only supposed to have 2 dogs to move in with at his brothers which i don't blame the bro. He is being great for being allergic to dogs to welcome 2 into his home.

I don't know if the family just flat out rejected or Larry merely didn't encourage them to give him time as common sense would dictate.

Boo is on his way back here starting wednesday back in the frying pan
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

He decided to keep him????

You have got to be kidding me!!!

Well, I think Linda will take him anytime if we need her to. It sounded like an open invitation, we just needed to make the arrangements with her if we got ready.

I'll e-mail her and tell her things are really wierd but we might need her down the line if she's still willing, which I think she will be.

That jerk won't take care of any dog, it sounds like.
Now I know why you're so ticked off......you've worked your butt off to help and then he just does dumb stuff to make things worse than they were before.

Well, if there's something I can do to help any of the dogs from here, let me know.

P.S. Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to have dogs.
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

Well, he figured since 2 people rejected his dog he should keep him. I told him thats the way it goes sometimes and if he just gave me one more try i am sure it would be permanent.

If he was going to give up BooBoo's mom (a very very petite white/cream who by the way could barely deliver BooBoo) instead than i could see this as a legitimate decision but it is not.

So Boo will be back by Friday.

And i have til sunday to get them all out. but if he is not available saturday and the transport doesn't happen, i ran out of time.
thekidsmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by thekidsmom »

mytwodoxies wrote:Well, he figured since 2 people rejected his dog he should keep him. I told him thats the way it goes sometimes and if he just gave me one more try i am sure it would be permanent.

If he was going to give up BooBoo's mom (a very very petite white/cream who by the way could barely deliver BooBoo) instead than i could see this as a legitimate decision but it is not.

So Boo will be back by Friday.

And i have til sunday to get them all out. but if he is not available saturday and the transport doesn't happen, i ran out of time.
please every one lets help get them out of there :!: :!: :!:
i will take any dogs that you can get up here to me to foster
i sent you a pm can you tell me a little more about red i am worried as i know what can go wrong
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

In regard to all the dogs......If they do go to animal control, is there a way to get them back out if the transport can still happen?

Is it a financial issue at that time, or is there a period of time that has to pass before the original ownership is terminated?

Or maybe it's the same problem we have now, not enough foster homes for the furkids until the transport can happen.

Just trying to help think....I know you've been thru all this a zillion times in your mind.

In regard to Boo......I don't think Boo would be hard to place. Looking at his picture, I just don't believe that. He just hasn't had the right place yet. The only way that Linda wouldn't take him down the line if we need her to is if this guy keeps changing his mind. She wouldn't want to be put in a position of possibly being accused of trying to place a dog that had not been properly surrendered by the previous owner, and I don't blame her for that. Could become a legal issue. And it sounds to me like this guy is just a nut. Don't know if he would lie or not. I hope I'm wrong about him.

And another option, if he abandons Boo down the road, Foreverlove was talking about maybe wanting him, too. All the boy needs is a good, decent, chow chow friendly home. We'd just need to get him up to Foreverlove.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

As far as the missing legs of the journey, does anyone have any contact with truck drivers?

On one of the previous threads a while back, someone was trying to get a chow cross country, and someone knew of a truck driver that worked in dog rescue, and frequently took dogs along on parts of his trucking routes to help them get from where they were to a foster or a forever home.

I know time is short, but it's an idea.
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Oh I dont want to see BooBoo go back to that guy! If someone is wanting to give him a forever home but just cant get him to them yet, I will foster him. I'm in IL, chances are they'd be coming thru this area to take him back down there. I sure hope the guy will change his mind because no way is he going to give BooBoo a good home. Let me know if I can help.
mrtdwt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mrtdwt »

Mytwodoxies,

If you could post an updated "needs" list, I will post it to another board that I am a member of. They have a ton of members (over 8000) and hopefully we could grab a couple of helpers.

Michelle
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I agree with Sweetpea.

I'm in southern MO. I'll do anything I can to help Boo.

The thought of that guy keeping him is going to keep me awake tonight.

I don't understand him.....all of these good options and people that want to help and he wants to keep him in a bad situation.

There's no way he will take care of the boy. None.
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

sweetpea, the problem is that the owner won't give him to you. (or anyone) I already told him that someone in the area would take him and i got a no. hmm..maybe i can tell him that the rescue referred you to call and see where you get with him. He won't release him by my asking anymore.

about the other stuff..
there is a network of truck drivers but they require the dogs to be spayed and UTD. and i don't blame them. they are risking their jobs using their vehicles.

I want to badly get them spayed etc but they need to get safe first. They were supposed to be done tomorrow but he decided to spend more time up there so they missed out.

If they go to animal control that place is a petrie dish for kennel cough and WAY worse things than that. If they are there because of a court case they will not be released anytime soon and would be very sick unless i can convince for someone in the area to hold them. If they are there for any other reason besides aggression or the court case the average for a dog to survive there is 12 days, but you know that if they get too crowded, chow mixes and chows would be first to go. Dogs typically don't get out unless the rescue pulls them. and if they get full they might only have 3 days

I can say that if everyone ends up there the only one guaranteed a pass is the girls' mother, the golden retriever who i could have pulled no problem. She would have somewhere to go immediately.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Well, none of this sounds good, but let us know if there's some way we can help.

What does it involve to have a rescue pull them? They have to have a home ready for them? Or a rescue that will take them? Or someone that will pay the fee to get them out?
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

If someone other than you were to call him, tell him they had heard he had a Chow that was in need of a home, do you think he'd talk to someone else? Is he in Iowa now or just BooBoo? I cant keep BooBoo (least I dont think I can), but I could sure keep him safe until he could get to his forever home.
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

Okay this is what i need. This will save 2

I did just get an offer from somewhere in MD to wilmington if the group she is already transporting for will let her piggyback the two girls to all ride togheter. but its at a raxor sharp time window. so its up in the air i don't know if it will work.

Beverly Hills, Florida
to Jacksonville FLorida
about 2 hours 48 mins
NEED

Savannah Metro, GA to Florence, South Carolina
175 mi (about 3 hours 59 mins) (i will see of the florence people will take an extra half hour to make this shorter) i can split up if necessary
NEEDED

Fayetteville, NC to Richmond, VA
216 mi (about 4 hours 40 mins)
NEED CAN SPLIT UP!!!!

Washington, DC to Wilmington DE
(about 2 hours 19 mins)
Need

Hazleton, PA to Kirkwood NY
91.5 mi (about 1 hour 59 mins)
NEEDED!

=====================
Of all the dogs (besides Red missing her babies) i feel worse for Bear. He is the only dog except the original two that the owner didn't bring in the world some way. He was with an owner who loved him, (but did everything except neuter.) He was UTD on everything, etc and was properly cared for in every way other. Unfortunately the owner fell on hard times and could not keep him so he ended up at this house. He is more extroverted so would have a better chance than BooBoo with some of these adopteres had they met him but they just wanted a purebred the other two. He is the most well adjusted i think and a pal to the world.

As far as AC, you have to register with them or there is one rescue who will pull dogs. All the others have backed off because you have to sign permission for AC to enter your home at any time if they suspect something and no one else had the guts to sign. They pull for other rescues. But it means that other rescue would have to take them right then and there.

And AC doesn't openly and freely work with rescues in other places or others for that matter. It would probably have to be a private individual "adopting" and then handing over to rescue as long as they received proof of neuter back.

I have not found a chow rescue that is local besides an all breed rescue that is full that takes chows. so its not like i can just dial up the lcoal breed rescue - and at that rate they wouldn't take the girls or Bear anyhow.
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

sweetpea wrote:If someone other than you were to call him, tell him they had heard he had a Chow that was in need of a home, do you think he'd talk to someone else? Is he in Iowa now or just BooBoo? I cant keep BooBoo (least I dont think I can), but I could sure keep him safe until he could get to his forever home.
BooBoo is not in Iowa - he was there probably 2 seconds. he is in wisconsin at the moment and will be on his way home starting wed. that is a good thought. If you can even keep him a week we can always get him to NY if anything.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Doxies, I'm afraid you are dealing with a collector, and you will probably end up totally frustrated. It sounds like a situation that will be hard to overcome. Don't stop trying, but focus on the ones you can save, and realize you won't be able to change this guy's mentality. It's like the abusive parent who won't let their children go to foster care, because of what might happen to them. Forget about what they are doing to damage their own children! Same thing here. The authorities taking them might end up as the only recourse. And the whacky bitch who took the puppies...don't even get me started on her!
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

That might work if Sweetpea wanted to try. He changed his mind before when the other lady from the rescue called him and told him the same common sense thing you'd been telling him all along.

If Sweetpea could get him to give Boo to her, that would be an easy drop off logistics wise. Then there's people that would ferry him up to New York, I bet.

But is somebody could get the boy, we could get him somewhere one way or another. If he goes in a southern direction, I'll help.

I missed out on something else here, too, did Bear not get up to Jess, either? I thought Bear was safe away from the situation. I guess I'm not reading the posting closely enough.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

AuddyMay, I'm afraid you might be right.
mrtdwt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mrtdwt »

So this is what I posted on that large board. If anyone else has other big boards they are a part of, perhaps they could cut and past - it's ready to go with just a few changes. Let's get the word out - someone has got to be out there willing to help. I hope I got most of the details correct, if not - at least the plea is out there.

This has nothing to do with scrapbooking or the Cricut, so I've posted it here. I truly hope I don't step on anyone's toes or feelings, but it's a plea for help and I've seen miracles happen the last couple of months while I've been enjoying this board.

I am a member of another group like this one regarding Chow Chows. We are like family, so like this group, and have watched each others pups grow and live and pass over to the Rainbow Bridge and along the way we have gotten to know each other. There is a rescue section of our board and through the years many unwanted animals have been saved by the actions of members of our board. That is what this email is about.

There are some dogs in Florida that are in a bad way. They have to be removed from a man's home because he has to move in with his brother and can't take all of his animals with him. So far the rescuers have placed 8 dogs and 2 rabbits. We have a chance to save two more of the dogs (yep, he had a bunch) if we can get them on a transport that will get them up to their new forever homes in NY. We've got part of the route covered, but still need the following:

Beverly Hills, Florida
to Jacksonville FLorida
about 2 hours 48 mins
NEED

Savannah Metro, GA to Florence, South Carolina
175 mi (about 3 hours 59 mins) (i will see of the florence people will take an extra half hour to make this shorter) i can split up if necessary
NEEDED

Fayetteville, NC to Richmond, VA
216 mi (about 4 hours 40 mins)
NEED CAN SPLIT UP!!!!

Washington, DC to Wilmington DE
(about 2 hours 19 mins)
Need

Hazleton, PA to Kirkwood NY
91.5 mi (about 1 hour 59 mins)
NEEDED!

This is happening this weekend. I know it's short notice, but like I said, miracles do happen.

If you can help in any way, or know of someone who might be able to, please, please email me at michelle@distinctive-windows.com and I will pass the message on to the person who is doing the coordinating.

Please understand that I'm just trying to help save two animals that are in a bad situation that need a hand out. I am in Texas but if I was anywhere near I would be doing some driving this weekend.

Thanks for taking the time to read. I want to get the word out to as many people as I can and there are a bunch of folks on this board.

God Bless!

Michelle

Let's keep our fingers crossed!
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Weds, as in tomorrow? If you can give me the guy's number I will call him. I'm not able to help with any of the others but there is such a good chance BooBoo will travel within a half hour of me on his journey back to Florida. If he'd agree to it, then we could figure out how to get him where he needs to be.
So if you will send me his number, I'll call him tomorrow.
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Exactly, which dogs are left? Is the trip to take off on friday or sat? or just the numbers of the dogs pictured from the old post. Did the black one get to his forever home? Is it now red and the other golden one? Umm yeah just let me know I am a little confused at this point. Got the info on booboo but not sure about the others.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

I might have some help covering one leg: see below and let me know if this would help.

Hi Sharon--

Let me get back to you. My husband and I just closed on a house yesterday and getting all of our stuff out of the old place is what we've got planned for this weekend, so we are a bit tied.

My brother may be making the trip from PA to MD and back (passing through DE) this weekend to help us with the moving, so let me speak with him. I'm also copying to Annie Skarwecki with LRCP here in MD. If all else fails, and we can't find someone to pick up that leg, I will do it. If that ends up being the case, is there any chance the DC endpoint transporter could get the dogs a little west of DC? Also, are the dogs coming with a crate(s)? (The one that fits in my car is out on loan right
now.)
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I am so sorry to be writing so late, things have been so hectic lately, I haven't had much time to read the forum lately. This is so crazy, what's wrong with people!?

And oh my goodness, you're AMAZING and have done such an amazing job, please don't think of it as punishment.

I still haven't heard from work whether I can drive this weekend or not, but I will let you know as soon as I find out.

Threedog jeep, If I can do the driving, I can certainly pick up west of DC. We can work out the details.
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

So is it the current owner who is doing the florida leg? If not who is doing florida?

There are three dogs left. Babygirl, Dingo, Bear.
Last edited by redangie24 on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!