CORDLESS vaccuum for hardwood & carpet

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Puppy Chow
Rank 0
Rank 0

CORDLESS vaccuum for hardwood & carpet

Post by Puppy Chow »

I was wondering if any of you chow owners recomend a CORDLESS stick vaccuum for both hardwood & carpet use. I brush my chow quite often however would like a vaccuum that does not get clogged so quickly with thick chow hair. Thanks!
pat_dixon
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: CORDLESS vaccuum for hardwood & carpet

Post by pat_dixon »

Hm, my sister uses cordless Dyson (Dyson V6 HEPA vacuum, I believe) - she has a long haired cat + dog, and they have lots of carpets. Works well for them, but during the shedding time she has to vacuum almost every single day. Still I can't say that you can see a lot of fur flying around her house. Downside is the battery only last 20-30 mins, and if you have a big house this could be a problem.
As for us, we use Shark Rocket (yes, it's not completely cordless, but you can convert it to a hand vacuum, which is handy if you need to clean your sofa from fur, here are specs). Serves us well for two years already - and we have a chow, a cat (though not a long haired one) + a parrot who likes to throw out pellets of his cage. We have wooden floor and tiles, some rugs.
Hope this helps.