CHOW RESCUE IN KANSAS

For people/groups offering Chow Chow rescue and help.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chowmom in Ks
Rank 0
Rank 0

CHOW RESCUE IN KANSAS

Post by Chowmom in Ks »

Hi, my name is Tracy and I have been doing my own chow rescue in Kansas for about 3 or 4 years now. I have been lucky with placing almost all of the chows I have gotten. I don't have outside resources, but do take the best care of the dogs when they come to me. I have posted a male I have in the Adoption site, but have not been able to come up with any photos yet. If anyone can help me, I really want to find a good home. I will travel a little, but can't go too far. My adoption fee's are $150 and that covers the Heartworm testing, fecal, Rabies, DPC, Bord.(kennel cough), spay or neuter. I am a dog groomer by trade and work with a vet. I am also a member of the CCCI and show chows as a hobby. I love this breed and work hard to educate people when possible.
Life is good when your owned by a chow
Tracy
T-Luv ChowChows
Blatie7328
Rank 0
Rank 0

Tracy in Kansas

Post by Blatie7328 »

I am new to this site and I am trying to find a chow. I recently lost my chow to a heart attack for no reason, she was only 6. I live in Little Rock Arkansas and am willing to travel to find me a new baby. Would you or anybody know of someone close to my area that have chows for adoption. I do have kids and a cat. I also love the breed and have shown previous chows of mine for fun.
I am looking for a Chow Chow to adopt. I have had them since I was 16 and think they are the best dogs.
ilovechowchows
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: CHOW RESCUE IN KANSAS

Post by ilovechowchows »

Tracy
I lost my little chow girl just before Christmas. I had her for twelve years. I am looking for a black female. Can yoy help me please?

Loree
jenni
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jenni »

I have a sad story. I live in a rural area south of Kansas City. There was an old house that burned down on 12/28. The owners left their dogs. A momma dog, she is a pointer and a papa dog that is an orange chow. I took the momma and her seven babies and placed them in my garage. I couldn't get the chow he is timid. I'm able to pet him and he is very nice just very scared. I was hoping I could find someone to take him. I think with patience and love he would be wonderful. I was told by the neighbors that the owners told them to shoot the dogs and they weren't coming back for them. This chow is about 65 lbs and is orange and so sweet. His hair is matted and he needs to be groomed but the most important part is that he needs a warm, loving and caring owner. I would be willing to meet you at the house to help catch him. Please call me if your interested 913-433-3362. Thanks.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I really hope you manage to catch this poor boy and rehome him. Thank you for all you are doing. :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Jenni that is a horrible story. I am glad you are trying to help those poor dogs. You may try bringing the chow something really good to eat like a hotdog or cheese and then while petting him slip a leash around him like a slip knot. That is the easiest way I can think of to get him to go with you. Most Chows will be timid around strangers and this poor guy has every right to be. If you can pet him then he is trusting you already. Also, is he bonded to the mother dog? What happens when he see's her? I am in California so I can't help in person but I am really hoping you are able to help the poor guy.
katman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by katman »

How about an update?
Karen_Britt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Karen_Britt »

Hi my name is Karen I am with the ford county humane society in Dodge City. We currently have a black female chow chow that we are looking for a home or rescue for. She is spayed heartworm negative and current on vaccinations. If interested please contact me at kgetchar@ hotmail.com. We can help with transportation! Her adoption fee is $70. Thank you.
amirsmama
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by amirsmama »

Hi. I'm new to the site. I am hoping to find a puppy/younger female chow (preferably cinnamon) in Kansas to adopt.
I had a black chow named Tao who was the love of my life from 2-12 years of age. My son is now 3 and a half and is ready to have a dog integrated into our life.
I am willing to drive to find the right chow chow.
Thanks for any info. Please contact me at arielrobello1@gmail.com
blevins
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by blevins »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum actually came across it searching for a chow for my brother. I live about 30 minutes from St. Joseph, Missouri. I hope this thread is still active and someone can help me. My brother lost his chow due to old age and is currently looking for a puppy that can grow up with his children he misses his *Bear* and is finding it hard to settle for any other breed.

Thanks for any help!

Dawn
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Merlin »

I'm new to this forum actually came across it searching for a chow for my brother.

Let your brother know that there are hundreds and hundreds of chows listed on petfinder.com
He should have no trouble finding one there.

Also there are lots of chows that end up in shelters in Kansas, so it would be worth it to go to your local shelter and let them know you are looking for a chow ( your brother would have to do this of course)., but I can tell you that there are no shortage of chows in Kansas looking for homes. I see them come across my screen often.
Last year we took in 3 from Kansas because there were no adopters in the area who wanted chows.
NEVER Support Back Yard Breeders & Puppy Mills
Contact Your local Chow Chow Association to find your Breeder of Merit!
Better Yet ! Adopt!
Rtmichael
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rtmichael »

I am trying to find a home for a half chow. I will have to take it to the pound next week if Ican't find a home for it.
tigerpurr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tigerpurr »

Looking for a good home for male chow/shepherd mix in Wichita, Kansas. Buzz is a neutered male, 9 years old and 85 pounds, healthy, friendly and active, chipped and current in all his vaccinations. He is dominant and needs to be placed as a only pet or with a female dog only.