Chow Beards !!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Hades&Titan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow Beards !!!

Post by Hades&Titan »

my chow pup is now 7 months and under his chin (we call it his beard) is always wet ! we are always drying and brushing it but he always drinks and makes it wet again and it never has time to dry naturally at all ( he is rough coat) i see so many photos of chow chows and they all look so nice and not wet in that area and they are quite rare where we live so ive never seen one before to compare :)
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Chow Beards !!!

Post by kitten1426 »

Our Kodi will be 6 in May he has been that way since 7 weeks old....LOL....were used to it...
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

I try to keep a towel handy to wipe away the excess. This does not always work and my crew often have wet beards (or bibs... as I call it) Once a week I rinse out the bib area and blow dry it. I only do a complete shampoo about once a month. Many do not bathe that often but my crew always seem to find the muddy spots of the yard. They all sleep inside and I try to keep the inside of the house from looking like a barn. Good luck!
CH Dreamland's Intrepid Spirit ~ Chance
Dreamland's Dancing in the Storm ~ Raine
Dreamland's Calling All Angels ~ Skye
Hades&Titan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Hades&Titan »

thank for the help! im glad its normal :) we just try to give him a good wipe and brush everyday but hes hard to keep dry in general he loves sleeping in the rain if we dont catch him in time and if theres water or a puddel hes in it !
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

You could always trim some off the beard and it would really help. I've done that in the past so if you don't mine a little shorter beard area you could try it. Please post a picture of it so we can see what you are talking about.

Brutus