I'm devastated....

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

I'm devastated....

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I haven't been on in a while.... And since Jasper passed, when I've been on, I've mostly just lurked....

But unfortunately, I'm back with more awful news....

I woke up this morning to the sound of Todd choking in his kennel... He was choking up blood... I rushed him to the vet and they did everything they could to stabilize him, while trying to figure out what was wrong at the same time... He quit breathing twice.... The second time, they weren't able to bring him back... His heart stopped around 10:30 AM... My heart is shattered. I know he wasn't a chow, but no doubt he believed he was. My Pup-Pup is gone and we have no answers as to what happened or why he's gone....

Dixie seems so lost.... We lost both boys within 10 months.... And neither of us is handling it well. She's being super clingy and that's just not normal for her....

Prayers, good vibes, or whatever you believe in is all greatly appreciated. It's gonna be a long hard road to get through this heartache....

Rest in peace my little one! Momma loves and misses you so much!
"2/14/11"-7/29/15
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: I'm devastated....

Post by Pinoy51 »

I'm so sorry for your loss. Can't imagine how it is to wake up and see your best friend in an emergency like that.
Life is full of mysteries and death is one of them. It is part of life, but we can't accept it, specially when it comes so unexpected and untimely.
Only time will heal some wounds, I wish I could do or say something to help, but I can't.
Be strong and take care of Dixie.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I am so sorry for your loss! It is never easy but when it is sudden like that I can't even imagine how difficult it is.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank y'all.

I picked up his ashes this afternoon.... I started tearing up in the vet's office when the receptionist brought his urn out to me.... And when I got in my car, I just sat and cried for a little while.... As much as it hurts that he's gone, I feel better that what I have left of him is home with me.
Jess
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

So sorry for your loss!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
germyong
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by germyong »

So sorry for your loss...
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Hey Jess I haven't been on the forum lately but try to keep up!
So sorry for your loss.
RIP Todd
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Hi Jess,

I haven’t been on here for a while. So very sorry to hear about Todd. Sending you my deepest heart felt sympathy. He will always hold a special place in your heart and in the memory box of your mind. Now and then a memory of him will come to mind and bring a smile to your face or a tear to your eye. That’s OK! When that happens just give Dixie a big hug and tell her what your feeling/thinking and how much she means to you.

You and Dixie are in my thoughts and prayers

Sending you a big hug from me and some purple kisses from Whitby Sending Dixie a hug as well

Take Care
Pam

Run free Todd
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank y'all. The past few weeks have just been awful on me emotionally.... Dixie's been back to her usual self but she seems to understand that it's going to take me some time....
Jess