progress with yogi

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chow315

progress with yogi

Post by chow315 »

good news yogi let me put a collar on him and we had a walk not much pulling ya yogi!!!!!!!!!!
chow315

Re: progress with yogi or not

Post by chow315 »

yogi likes to get in my bed. i have discouraged this since the first time .how do i handle this he snaps and growls and i am afraid he will bite
davay521
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: progress with yogi

Post by davay521 »

Well I'm a new owner and a first time dog owner I was taught to establish dominanice with the dog so he knows who's boss if he gets unruly and starts doing something I don't like I start with a firm NO and hit the floor to get his attention if that doesn't work I pin him down and say No a few times my dog can't jump on the bed yet and he only tries in the morning just to cuddle and be next to me but he has a crate and he like the floor cause it cool if he doesn't listen after pinning him down I put him in a playpen or another room to calm down and don't let him out till he either stop crying or is very calm if he does Bite you I was told to pin him and bite his ear not hard but so he can feel it this will let him know your boss
Nala'sMommy
Rank 0
Rank 0

progress with yogi

Post by Nala'sMommy »

Congratulations on your progress!!! ☺️ I have figured out that Nala does not like any firm or loud tones. For her, asking her to do something then looking at her in her eyes works better than anything. Anytime I get loud, she just gets nervous. This may be helpful with a puppy who has been abused.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: progress with yogi

Post by Rory's Dad »

Actually the eye contact advice works best with any pup. You want to make sure you have her attention regardless of her history. Chows have a well documented tendency to ignore people, so you want to work with getting her focused on you. IF you are treat training, practice calling her name and drawing her favorite treat up to your nose so she looks you in the eye. Then, give her your instruction, and provide her with the reward. It's all about getting her to focus back on you rather than whatever else the world has to offer.