Introducing my precious Patience!

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

MightyChow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Introducing my precious Patience!

Post by MightyChow »

Patience's beautiful face. She had to wear a shirt because she had been shaved at the rescue shelter. Second pic: Patience and Ludlow chilling out in the yard
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (100.11 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (234 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
Last edited by MightyChow on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MightyChow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MightyChow »

Patience in her life-saving Eddie's Wheels wheelchair. She had no problem walking around the neighbouhood with it. Thank goodness we could afford it. I highly recommend the company.

And the other photo is my first Chow, Teddy, who passed away in 2005. Hooked on Chows ever since.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (202.44 KiB) Viewed 5597 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (93.47 KiB) Viewed 5597 times
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

That brought tears to my eyes reading your heart felt posts. What a beauty Patience was and there is a special kind of look in her eyes. I am so sorry you have lost your love and companion.

I would like to say with so much love to give please consider giving another chow the benefit of your warm and loving home. I dread the day when mine leave even though they are much younger who knows when there allotted time will be up but I do feel that I would always want another dear chow face to warm my heart. Look on the rescue sites and one day the right little face will get to you. I know that a lot of people on here have rescued a chow from far away in the US and people have helped with the transporting so dont let distance be a hurdle when the right face "speaks" to you.

I hope I am not being insensitive say this to you :(
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
MightyChow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MightyChow »

You are not being insensitive at all. You're speaking the truth. My heart aches to love another Chow (or perhaps another dog) again, but I have a great deal of fear of going through loss again. The other night someone told me that by sitting around doing nothing that I am already losing out. So true. Life is too short to close yourself off from love.

I am for the first time in a few years looking at dogs on Petfinder. I hope that something will come along that pulls on my heartstrings - though every dog I see is beautiful. I do have allergies, but never had a problem with my Chows.

Thank you for your comments and advice. Yes, Patience had beautiful eyes. Everybody fell in love with her immediately, and she would've happily trotted off with them, too! She was a great Chow ambassador.
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

So sorry to hear about your losses. I would be lost without mine, and it would not be very long before I was looking for another chow. There are too many out there in shelters looking for a home.
MightyChow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MightyChow »

Thank you, Ursa's daddy. Life is just not complete without a Chow. if I may borrow from aboriginal spirituality, it's like these fluffy little fellows are my spirit guides.

Chow dreams to all. :)
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

When the right Chow comes along your three angels from the rainbow bridge will lead you to that dog that needs you to rescue it. Keep checking the rescues so you get to save the one meant for you.
MightyChow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MightyChow »

@Constantina Thank you so much. I love the kindness on this forum.
Nita F.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nita F. »

Patience was a beautiful girl and I truly understand how her loss affects you. We lost our Mimi in late January to stomach cancer. The house was too quiet and I started a search for another chow girl. We soon found Reba at Chowland Rescue of North Carolina and drove 1000 miles round trip to get her - https://www.facebook.com/chowlandrescueofnc
Amber Kanoy rescues chows from all over the US and has transportation connections. There are lots of other chow rescues that will be closer to you. There is another chow out there just waiting for you to find him or her. Go for it! You will never regret it.

Nita
MightyChow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MightyChow »

Thank you, Nita. Oh, it's the quiet that gets to you.

Both Patience and Ludlow were shelter dogs, so I'm checking Petfinder every day.
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

Oh Mighty Chow, my deepest condolences. My only consolation for you were that they spent their last days knowing they were loved by you and did not die alone. Thanks so much for rescuing these regal dogs. Do not force it if you do not feel up to adopting a new Chow. The right one will tap into your heart when it is a perfect match. There are Chows out there that are abandoned and lost and your perfect one will find it's way to you.