Amber & Possibly the Worst Santa Ever

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Amber & Possibly the Worst Santa Ever

Post by Rory's Dad »

But...she actually loved the Grinch. Maybe it's an indication of her true temperment.
Amber.jpg
Amber.jpg (43.03 KiB) Viewed 6529 times
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Amber & Possibly the Worst Santa Ever

Post by 612guy »

Great photo!! Amber sure has grown and looks great. Who the heck has the Grinch and a bad looking Santa? As for her temperament, you'll just have to adapt to it.

Brutus
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

She actually posed for the photo? What a good girl! I have to grovel to get my Chestnut to stand still for a picture.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Haha! I've taken Dixie to see the Grinch twice and she's seen Santa 4 times now. Lol
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

She's Okay with it? Even I am creeped out by the Grinch.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Our Grinch is actually less creepy than this one. He wears actual movie prosthetics and makeup. I'm trying to get the pictures of us with him to post now.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Funny actually, but the grinch actually sought her out in the store. He was looking for Amber while other dogs were in line for pictures. Santa was wondering if she was an Akita????????

She was fine posing for a bit, but in typical Amber (chow) fashion, she was done after about 30 seconds. They did well to snap the photo before she was done with Santa.

Thinking i want to really test them next weekend with Rory. He takes a much better photo, but has less patience with the pomp and circumstance.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I bet Amber is wondering what the heck is going on with Dad?? He puts these two in the photo and tells me to pose with them???? I have never had to pose with anything so ridiculous in my life ! Hehe Can't wait to see Rorys take on this! LOL. it is a cute photo though!
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Amber is such a cutie, you can really see the mischief in her eyes. Cocoa won't be going to see Santa this year, last year she was at the end of her leash trying to get away from him :shock: so I decided to skip it this year. She will of course still get a stocking full of treats!
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

As far as worst Santa ever I think ours give yours a run for their money.

and last year with Cocoa as far away from Santa as she can get:
Have to say 2012 was a better Santa than 2011.

I don't have a digital copy of her puppy Santa picture but he was even worse, skinniest Santa I had ever seen. :D
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

LOL Cocoa, you may be right on the Santa Quality. It really was funny though to be in the middle of Petco and we have Santa asking if Amber was an Akita...Personally i dont see any similarities among the breeds. If he wondered if she was a Pom on steroids i could follow...

We are going to bring Rory up next weekend. Don't really need any photos of him, he is like a 1st child and we have hundreds of good pics of him, but it's still nice to timeline them. Amber is different, we dont try quite so hard and she just doesnt photo well for some strange reason. Rory is very cam friendly and its hard to get a bad one. Go figure...

Next weekend is a down weekend for Rory. No show until Jan 4th, so we will get him out and about to meet the adoring public (LOL). Actually that does happen, more that they are chows rather than individuals. They are so unusual here (except for everyone that used to own one or had a cousin that bred them,etc) they are instant rock stars everytime we head out.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

They are so unusual here (except for everyone that used to own one or had a cousin that bred them,etc) they are instant rock stars everytime we head out.
Same here, when we are out walking with other dogs Cocoa gets all the attention and rock star is always what I call her when that happens. And oh yeah the number of people who have "used to own one, had a relative/neighbor who owned or bred them and of course the I/my sister/friend/etc. was bitten by a chow". Funny thing is that in the over 20 years that I have had chows (and I have been living in the same area the whole time) I can count on one hand (with fingers left over) the number of chows I have met or seen here. :?
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Yep, us to. We have lived at same address for 17 years. Amber and Rory are our 3rd and 4th chows. Never seen or met another in town. Must be Ghost Chows...or chows that never get out in public which explains the bite stories. We spent over a year trying to get Rory some show pts and couldn't even get competition in that arena until i made some associations in the next state over. Amazingly (we missed it due to scheduling conflict), but a recent show had 27 Chow entries.
JammyJoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JammyJoy »

Wow,Very obedient Amber! I think the Grinch isn't that scary and you'll just have to get use to her temperament. She's a cutie anyway!