peeing in house

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Michael's Maggie May
Rank 1
Rank 1

peeing in house

Post by Michael's Maggie May »

Do I have a problem with a 6 yr old peeing in house? has not done this since a puppy. Should I have her looked at?
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: peeing in house

Post by chowpups »

Michael , Maggie should get checked out by your vet. There are a few things that come to mind when a dog starts unusual peeing , best to check her out so you know what your dealing with! Check her water intake is she drinking more or less than usual and let the Vet know this if there is a change .
Good luck hope Maggie is ok!
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

I agree with Nancy, get her checked by the vet.
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by christina chow mum »

So do I, the Vet every time with something strange like this. You don't give us a lot of detail Michael, for example if she has just had puppies, or just mated, or drank some really freezing water, you name it, could be any number of "female" problems. We ladies all have them so a trip to Maggie's "Ob Gyn" is definitely a good idea! Good luck!!
Loving a Chow means never having to say your'e sorry.
Michael's Maggie May
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Michael's Maggie May »

I took her to the vet before I received any answers from all of you. He found some blood in her urine, got her on some meds twice a day. Thank you all for answering.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I was just wondering how Maggie was, Nikki had crystals in her urine which caused blood also and we did for a while have some UTI issues but seemed to clear after a change in food and more water to her foods.( she was not a good water drinker so I added it to her foods)., Hopefully Maggie's on the mend now!