2 months chow pooping blood HELP!!!

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowderismypet
Rank 0
Rank 0

2 months chow pooping blood HELP!!!

Post by chowderismypet »

My dogs poop looks like chicken curry and is very watery in texture. I just took him to the vet and had him dewormed and the vet gave him antibiotics since its temperature read 39.8 after i brought him back home and my chow chow has been pooping blood the whole night and has been pooping non stop. The blood is very minimal but its poop is still very watery. Is this the effect of the antibiotics or is it something else i should be concerned about? HELP :(( i really love this chow chow of mine :(
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: 2 months chow pooping blood HELP!!!

Post by Cocoa »

I think you should take him back to the vet.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Definitely rush him back to the vet and maybe take a sample of the poo with you for testing. Please let us know how he is!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
chowderismypet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowderismypet »

Took him to the vet he has blood parasite (canine Ehrilichia) his platelette count is very low 40,000 :( normal is 200,000. They confined him for observation and if he gets worst they will test him for pavlo virus. Please pray he will be okay :(
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I thought of parvo when you mentioned his symptoms. Not sure why they would wait to do a parvo test? Parvo is very serious! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Update us so we know he is ok!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
chowderismypet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowderismypet »

I meant parvo not pavlo :p the old vet i took it to said it was negative for parvo which is weird considering the pet shop i bought it from supposedly vaccinated it not less than a week ago and if they did then the test should come out positive since the antibodies are still in the system. The new vet i took it too which has better facilities, said this case is complex coz of the results. But chowder came out positive for blood parasite and if symptoms get worst then they will test for parvo. keeping my fingers crossed its not parvo but just the blood parasite. Thank you for your prayers sweetpea! will keep you posted :(
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

How is Chowder doing? Please give us an update. I hope he is doing better.
Jennifer & Sheena
chowderismypet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowderismypet »

I am happy to report Chowder is much better! his platelets count went up to 175,000 and is slowly going up. He is under antibiotics and some vitamins. He is very active now although he has does occasional nibbling!! Thank you everyone for all your advice!
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Sooooo happy to hear Chowder is improving in health! Thanks for the update and keep us posted. :D
Jennifer & Sheena
Doppler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Doppler »

Glad to hear your Chowder is getting much better. Sending more healing vibes for even faster recovery! :)
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. "
ImageImage