AKC Registered Chows, unique names

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

gebower
Rank 1
Rank 1

AKC Registered Chows, unique names

Post by gebower »

Both my Chows are AKC registered and AKC likes the names to be unique.
Since Max was very aggressive when he was a pup I named him Max Braveheart Bower.
Zeena is Zeena Sheba Bower. I've seen the name spelled Xena but wanted it to be spelled like it sounds. I thought the two first names were different. I see a lot of people name their Chows Chinese names which I think is very appropiate. If I had to do it over, I probably would have too. I do love unusual names in dogs.
Gene.
Gene
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: AKC Registered Chows, unique names

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I dunno what Cinder's registered name was.... But Tippsy's was "Goodman's little black tips".

Dixie is registered through AKC Canine Partners. Her registered name is "Danni's Sweet Southern Rose". I was gonna register Jasper through the same thing but have never gotten around to it... His registered name would be "Danni's Life is full of bad Jazz".

And I'm looking into registering Todd through the AKC PAL program. His registered name will be "Danni's Li'l Todd Fox".
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I have so little respect for the AKC that I didn't bother to register either one of mine. They hand out papers to every puppy mill and back yard breeder who asks so what's the point.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
beckysmyth92
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by beckysmyth92 »

Dakotas registered KC name is Summer Sun Princess!

Her breeders named her this, but I absolutely LOVE it :D
CocoLeBear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CocoLeBear »

Hi - I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I've asked this question before and have never gotten an answer. Does the AKC/CCCI have DNA testing? As in, is it possible to identify a dog within the recent past by DNA test? I've been involved in equine rescue breed organizations before, and you'd be surprised to see the well bred animals that end up at auction (for horses) that are identified by DNA test. I'm sure my Coco isn't registered because she isn't typy, but it would be great to know about a DNA registry.
maikinda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by maikinda »

CocoLeBear wrote:Hi - I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I've asked this question before and have never gotten an answer. Does the AKC/CCCI have DNA testing? As in, is it possible to identify a dog within the recent past by DNA test? I've been involved in equine rescue breed organizations before, and you'd be surprised to see the well bred animals that end up at auction (for horses) that are identified by DNA test. I'm sure my Coco isn't registered because she isn't typy, but it would be great to know about a DNA registry.
AKC does have a DNA registry. If you send in a sample from your dog it would only tell you if it was all chow or mixed with other breeds. It would not compare it to other DNA in the registry. When I did DNA on a litter I sent in samples from the puppies and the mother. They used the sires DNA profile in the registry to do the DNA on the puppies.

Laura
Attachments
Micah tag.jpg
Micah tag.jpg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 3768 times