Rats!!!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

Post by kingalls »

While trying to go through these posts, my two are outside barking at the rats up in the wisteria...ah! the barking is getting on our nerves...
rats are rats and I don't want them in our yard! we're not going to chance whether or not a poisoned rate isn't toxic enough to kill our chow or cats...we're trapping them...except for one unlucky rat, all of the trapped rats were expired by the time we got to them.
they're icky creatures and responsible for plagues and other horrible health problems - in our yard, they are not welcome!! PERIOD.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

In the spirit of full disclosure -- I did not invent PETA (People Enjoying Tasty Animals). That's from Ted Nugent, rocker and activist, but I'm glad others liked it, too. :D
chris

Post by chris »

jerryO, Don't tell me you watch that Ted Nugent show???
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

My cable system doesn't get the show, but I've seen and heard some interviews with him over the past few years. There is also a thing called "I am a Bad American" floating around the internet attributed to him (and alot of other people) that's pretty good also.
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

I love Nugent!! He did that saying in his mtv cribs interview as well -- I think, but I have seen too much stuff with him-- maybe it was on superband -- oh well whatever.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Karen:
Sounds like a full-time job in your backyard. I'm exhausted just dealing with the mice in my house and the 10 traps I have set, and reset, day after day. Feel like I'm forever killing mice. I don't have the time to start putting attention on the rats outside.

If my halfplex neighbor would not leave his doors and windows open, which don't even have screens, the mice wouldn't get in. I can't seem to locate where they are coming from in my house from their house. But apparently the hole must be really small 'cause no rats have gotten into my house as of yet. Thank goodness.

Too bad you don't live next door to me. Love wisteria and you could set some traps down at my place daily. :lol:

The barking and chasing is drivin' me nuts as well. Hope it stops for you soon.

Redangie & JerryO:
Ted Nugent is here in Sacramento, CA, tomorrow night at the Sacramento State Fair for entrance fee only. I'm hoping to go if I can get over my sprained rt. hand, wrist, and arm- Troy deBadBoy at it again. :roll:
Jennifer & Sheena
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Hey RedAngie, think we can get hops to Travis for tomorrow? Seeing Ted amoung the Sacramento crowd would be worth it for sure. Did you see his comment that "Vegetarians are Cool. Everything I eat is a vegetarian, except an occasional Mountain Lion steak."
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Would totally be worth it. Ted is the best. If only.....
Have a Chowfastic Day!!