Goofy dogs!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Goofy dogs!

Post by Tippsy'smom »

So, today I took my brother some food and clothes for work and for tomorrow (he, his gf, and their dog, Snooki, stayed at his gf's mom's house last night. And it was THE most peaceful night EVER around here. :lol: ) and I let Dixie and Todd ride with me (he works at Waffle House but I was just meeting him in the parking lot and going through the drive thru at McDonald's). Well, after I give him his stuff, we're driving down the road to go home and there's a cow pasture on our right and we got stopped at the red light by it Dixie's tied in the cargo area and Todd is seatbelted in my back seat). So Dixie sat up and starts huffing and grumbling at the cows! And she did it until she couldn't see them anymore. :laughloud: I thought it was hysterical! She's seen cattle before and worked them with a friend of mine, so she KNOWS what they are. :lol: But it was like she was telling them "this is my momma's car, stay away." :lol: And Todd lost it when he peaked his head up and saw them. He thinks he's tough, but a flick of a cows tail and he'd come screaming to me. :lol:

I just thought I'd share and give everyone a good laugh. :lol:
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Goofy dogs!

Post by cherriemater »

Oh Jess ... what a hoot!! Our boys do the same thing ... AND with Horses. They've gotten past their "scared little boy" phase and now want to meet and greet everything! Leo squeals with glee and Max will chime in from time to time. Their little butts wiggling out of control. Of course, they do this when they see a doggie they'd like to meet, too. But cows and horses ... that just cracks me up.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Lol! That's hilarious Marti! Dixie only does it with cows and goats/sheep. Lol She was taught early on she had to be calm around horses. There's some horses outside of our neighborhood and I let her greet them all the time now, but when she was a puppy (probably 4-5 months old), she got bouncy, noisy and nippy with one of them and he tried to bite her a freaked. Which freaked Dixie out. Lol So she's really mellow around horses now. Lol But goats/sheep and cattle are fair game. Lol
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I think my two have seen cattle. When we lived in Savannah, my son used to take the dogs up town to see the horses that pulled the carriages. Ursa was fascinated by the horses. She liked to just look at them.