Happy Thanksgiving!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by reddog »

To all of our members who live in the United States I want to wish all of you a Happy/Blessed Thanksgiving.

I know all of us have things that we are thankful for. At the top of my list of things I’m thankful for are: my dad who will turn 90 in December, my one and only grandchild, Elyse, who is 4 ½ yrs old and it goes without saying - Whitby!

Enjoy your Holiday!

Pam
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by chowpups »

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Pam.. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.. And remember they say Turkey skin is not good for dogs, so be careful where you put the skin and bones, when your done..
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone in the US. (Missed you folks in Canada when you had yours) Be safe, be kind and skip black friday, stay home and watch a movie, or play with your chows. :lol:
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving, enjoy your turkey day!
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Happy T-day to all, too. And ... what's the deal with turkey skin?!?!?! I'm freaking out now because I made turkey stock with all the leftovers (which included the skin) and picked out the meat to use as treats for the boys (ensuring there were no bones, of course). Is it the same as onions or is it just hard to digest?!?! (Which, in that case I have nothing to fear because we tossed that.)
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Marti too much turkey skin is fatty and can cause pancreatitis in dogs. You can google it and see but I think its mostly for those dogs that raid the trash cans and eat too much of it, and the bones splinter like chicken bones too. I just remember someone telling me their dog got into the neighbors garbage and got really sick from the turkey skins and the Vet said that was it.. too much turkey fat.
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Thanks so much for that. I suppose the turkey that was cooked down in stock should be okay, since all the fat was skimmed off. But, good to know about skin. Geesh ... I STILL don't know everything! (tee hee)
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)