Super-Whopper!

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Super-Whopper!

Post by Fozzbear »

Some of you may recall a picture I posted of Fozz and new brother Humphrey when he was eight weeks old. Here is a new picture - Humph is the HUGE boy who now dwarfs Fozz. He is 7 months old and just keeps getting bigger!
Attachments
FozzHumph (2).jpg
FozzHumph (2).jpg (76.04 KiB) Viewed 3193 times
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Super-Whopper!

Post by cherriemater »

So adorable!!!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Both Beautiful...How Much does he weigh?
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

He weighs 30 kgs at last count. I'm not sure how much more growing he has to do. I worry that he will get too heavy; he sorts of plods a bit and can be a bit stiff when he gets up from sleeping. I'm hoping that he wont have any joint problems.
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Ok thats like 66 lbs...at 7 months im thinking he still has at least 10-20 lbs to go...How tall is he???...at the shoulders?....Kodi in my sig picture is over 80lbs thats 36 kgs or more....he is 18 months he is tall too...he seems to move great...It was our female Chow that had hip problems she just had both hips done FHO surgey...she is doing good for only being 4-1/2 weeks into it...Just keep an eye on him..
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

I'll have to try measuring him. I'll be very happy if he grows up to look like Kodi. Hope he grows a nice mane like Kodi too. Humph has been neutered so I think that might stunt the rest of the growing he has to do. Luckily he is a really obiediant boy (yes he has recall, hooray!) as he is getting to be a lot of dog to handle. I cant pick him up and put him outside when he is getting too rough with Fozzchops now. Poor Fozz, she tolerates her little brother so well....
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Kodi was fixed very young..didnt seem to stunt his growth...lol...Our Collie was fixed at around 15 months old...he has gained another 15-20 lbs since then...lol..But he is a big boy for a Collie..Kod has a decent mane i think it could be fuller...lolIt looks great when my Wife poofs him up...lol...Kodi stands about 26 inches at the shoulders...His head when standing at attention is 30-31 inches he is pretty tall...You have 2 very beautiful chows...i love there color...too