Missing People

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Missing People

Post by Jeff&Peks »

What happened to Nancy, She was posting everyday. Maybe we need a new section titled missing people. (Just kidding Adm.)
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

You mean Molly's mom, Nancy (ngraham)?
I did a search and didn't find any posts since July.
Hope everything is okay.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Yeah that Nancy, she use to post alot then disappered.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I sent an IM about a week ago, but got no reply. I hope everything is okay.
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

I saw on her member profile she has her Unicorn website listed. When I went there, they have an email. Maybe if we all email her, she'll drop by.

I hope everything is alright and that she is just busy...
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
chris

Post by chris »

Where is Melanie... ? She posted somewhere about moving, but I haven't seen her in a while.

I emailed Nancy.. as suggested above.. LOL.. :-)
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Nancy did mention some time ago, that her daughter Amber would be expecting her first baby any day now...

All best wishes, Nancy!
chris

Post by chris »

Oh yeah, I remember that Kiwani... MAN, you have a good memory... sheesh...
chris

Post by chris »

UPDATE:

I emailed Nancy. She is doing great.. no grandbaby yet, but getting closer. She has been working ALOT and getting ready for the baby. :-)
I emailed her back and said to let us all know when the grandbaby arrives.
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

chris wrote:Where is Melanie... ? She posted somewhere about moving, but I haven't seen her in a while.
Hey Chris - thanks for asking! I'm just busy, as is usual in the summer .. and packing too, which is a royal P.I.T.A.! I have a couple of private messages I haven't had time to address yet either, so hopefully everyone hasn't given up on me. I have to be moved by September 1, and still haven't found a place to rent. I may be living in my motorhome in the back of the shop .. *L* .. which is okay, although awkward.

Still finding time to do things with the dogs, though, which is (of course) a high priority! If I have to choose between being online and doing something with the dogs, the dogs always win. Tonight I took Trick, Khana and Dora to the training facility as there were a couple of "problem behavior" dogs that would be there and I'm the one they call in for those. Trick is so great with dogs that have issues. One was a German shepherd pup who just needed to figure out that other dogs were good, and he is coming along beautifully and is able to play with the other dogs now. The other one was a 2 year old Australian shepherd with some pretty big issues - went after Trick multiple times, got to her twice and grabbed at her shoulder, left her slobbered but not injured in any way. She just turned her head away and wanted nothing to do with him. I stepped in (as the proper alpha) and put him to the floor both times and explained to him that he would NOT attack MY dog .. *L* .. He ended up muzzled most of the evening, but by the end of the class I could approach him with Khana on-leash (holding her back so she didn't get clear to him - she thinks all dogs want to play with her) and could actually feed him treats and he showed no aggression toward my dog. He had great respect for me, it was obvious! He very much wanted to go to me as he loved the treats I had, and I was full of praise while he was behaving, but I was also quick to say "EHT!! Don't think it!!" if he started to act in an aggressive manner.

His owner has the assignment to put him on an NILIF program and to avoid situations where he could act aggressive. It's kind of sad that he is two years old and allowed to get to this level.

Anyway, I'm rambling as is usual .. *L* .. packing has my head all screwed up. I'm getting rid of SO much stuff. Between that and working and training, I'm just not posting much these days. I'll do more in the winter. I try to pop online and glance through things regularly, but most of my online stuff is work these days.

Hope everyone is doing well, and spending quality time with their chows! AND I hope that the lower 48 has cooled off some .. we've had a few days of steady rain, today was nice but still only in the low 60's.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska