Happy Happy Joy Joy ... the birthday of our Boys!!

Share and keep track of special events, birthdays and anniversaries for your Chow Chow.

Moderator: chowadmin

cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Happy Happy Joy Joy ... the birthday of our Boys!!

Post by cherriemater »

In only TWO DAYS we will be going to pick up our boys. I am grateful for PokerStars.net, who has been keeping my anxiety level low, believe it or not. Joe an I have been playing tournaments when he's home (since the garden is put to bed and the last of the leaves have yet to fall) so I've been enjoying that. Last night, though I finished in 171st place, I beat out 2200 other players and won 2000 in play money. Yay!! =D=

The crate came today and we got it all set up in the closet. I had a Kimba-reject pillow that I placed in the bottom. They should be nice and comfy at night.
crate760.jpg
crate760.jpg (69.75 KiB) Viewed 8778 times
This will also be used when we visit relatives during the holidays. Wouldn't want to have another "carpet" incident and revisit the family unrest from a couple years ago.

Just looked at the weather report and heard from Joe's niece, Lexi, who lives up north. She said the roads from Negaunee (where the boys are) to Marquette (she attends Northern) were terrible. It's been snowing up there. However, funny enough, it's supposed to be rainy/snowy for the next two days and DRY/SUNNY on Saturday. Thank you Jesus who placed the Stars in the sky and holds the earth on its' axis.

Woo hoo ... happy dance. \:D/
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by BeckiHutton »

Woohoooooo :) yay. Lucky you :)
Pretty little lily :). Thank you sweetpea for the wonderful banner
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Really not long now. Bet you dont sleep much next two nights!
I will be waiting for a veritable avalanche of pics when these two precious puppies arrive \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

No doubt ... Joe asked me today, "Are you excited?" To which I replied, "My frenzied expectations that turned into anxious excitement has turned into quiet anticipation." In 48 short hours we'll be driving home with the boys.

The garage is all clean and ready for them to play during "icky weather" days. The food and water dish are set up in the utility room. The house is clean from 0" to 6" high. Facebook page and YouTube channel all set up and waiting. The crate is placed, the blankets are washed, my cameras are charged, discs empty and ... >>breathe<<

The only thing left to do is stop at the pet store for some additional toys and treats. The breeder is sending home a bag of their food (Pedigree or Science Diet) and I really don't plan to switch them off until they're ready for adult food unless I see hot spots right away. We can get Taste of the Wild, Acana and Orijen here but we'll wait to see what they like before we pick one.

Let's see, what else? I guess that's it. We're as ready as we're going to be. I just hope the weatherman is partially correct and we have that one clear day on Saturday as promised. Going over the Mackinac Bridge will be NO FUN if it's snowing, sleeting, raining or foggy. Glad Joe's going to be driving. It's five hours from Johannesburg to Negaunee and we're scheduled to be there at 1:00pm (EST). Our niece, Lexi, goes to Northern Michigan University in Marquette (right nearby) so we promised to wait for her at the Mall until she gets out of work at 3:00pm. I'm sure we'll be at least an hour at the breeder getting acquainted and getting instructions so it won't be too bad of a wait in the truck. Plus, we might just go to the pet store there in Marquette to get a few more things while we wait (puppy pads for the trip home, I think).

I'm curious to find out what our first night will be like. Joe asked, "Will they whine alot" and I told him, "I don't think so," based on a comment another member said to someone else's post: "Why should they whine, they're finally home with you?" I think that was correct, especially since the breeder says, "They're quiet, calm little boys." I just love that.
BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by BeckiHutton »

Bless you. I have never known someone to be quite as excited and prepared as you are. Lol. It's a good thing. The boys are going to be very loved, I can tell already. I am so excited and happy for you :)
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Best of luck with the weather , I remember Nikki got delayed because of weather. We ended up flying her cause we couldn't get to her. The temp was okay the roads were terrible from a snow storm. I'll be thinking of you and Joe and the boys ..I can't wait to see the pics..You two are sooooo prepared.. Iam so excited for you..have funnnnnnnn.....
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Ok friends ... tomorrow we make the five hour drive to go get the boys. Lots of folks have been telling me I'll probably get no sleep ... I hope not. We stopped into our local pet store and I picked up a small bag of Diamond Lamb/Rice and one of TOTW Prairie. Have a little baggie of the TOTW for the trip. Got some puppy pads (for accidents). It's funny ... after all the crazy posts I'm actually kinda calm. And, yes, you can bet that I'll be posting LOTS of pictures, not just here but at their facebook page and my youtube channel.

Talk to you soon. Leo ... Max ... c'mere boys!!!
BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by BeckiHutton »

Good luck cherrie :) the big day has arrived. Hugs and purple kisses xxx
karenmarie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by karenmarie »

I'm so excited for you today is the BIG DAY congratulations!!!! I feel your excitement here in Iowa. Sending hugs and smiles. Can't wait for pictures!
Bella & Balou
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Happy Happy Joy Joy ... the birthday of our Boys!!

Post by cherriemater »

TEN MONTHS OLD ... can you believe it??!?! They've grown up so very fast. Leo has started to shed and looks like a rag-a-muffin right now. Max is still so puppy-like.
They're not so easy to pick up anymore
They're not so easy to pick up anymore
Happy 10 Mos.JPG (58.37 KiB) Viewed 8573 times