help with wording an ad for chow :(

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sandie
Rank 1
Rank 1

help with wording an ad for chow :(

Post by Sandie »

As you all know I have tried to place Mufassa for several months now. I was truely hoping not to have to do this but it has come to the point wher I am going to have to place an ad in the paper. I would appreciate any help in wording. I wish beyond anything else he could stay but it just cannot happen.
He was born 12/19.2005
We met parents and grandparents, no inbreeding.
We have littermate and older sibling
He is UTD on everything
Has been nutered.
Black with white on the tips of his tail hair.
Energetic, lovable (thinks he's a lpa dog) and playful
Housebroken
Walks on leash
Stays indoors but does love to play outside.
great with kids young and older
loves the vet lets him check jim with no problem
loves to be groomed
is ok with going in the big pool when being held
great with other female dogs. Hasn't been with a cat since he was about 10 weeks old.

don't know what else to write. I want him to go to where he will be loved and have a home forever. So any help with the wording would be great.

I would try a chow rescue but I couldn't finda any. any other suggestions?
Just remember it is not possible to keep him, as much as I want to.

Thank-you, Sandie
Mommy to Storme, Beatle, Bailey and Mufassa aka Moose.
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

I would leave out the part about inbreeding don't even want that to come into question. And don't forget to add his breed.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Sandie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sandie »

Thanks,

I can't put everything I listed in the post($$) in the ad but I wanted to list as much as I could think of here so that I could get some suggestions.

Forgot all about the word Chow :oops: LOL!

Should I ask for an adoption fee? If so what do you think would be a fair amount?
Mommy to Storme, Beatle, Bailey and Mufassa aka Moose.
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

50 is a good fee. Also you can post unlimited words on plenty of sites just google "free pet ads" and you will find them. Then all you have to do is screen out the bad ones. Also, I would use a adoption contract. It is not a gurantee, but it is legally binding. I have one that I used for Princess Ivanas puppies if you want I could send a copy to you when you get to that point. Just let me know. I wish I could have him. If only I did not live on base I would take him in in a heartbeat. Is is too cute. Ivana could use a friend when Ziyear leaves.... Oh well just find him a good happy home. It can be hard placing an older pup, but it is worth it to find just the right home.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
chris

Post by chris »

I would take him too if Hubby would let me, plus how would we get him here. It's to HOT to ship him via airplane right now. :-(

DAMIT all again... I need a freaking H O U S E with a big
Y A R D again...
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Neutered Black Chow/8 month old

healthy/UTD shots-vet checked/playful/loving/housebroken/indoor pet/great with kids/leash trained/loves grooming/good bloodlines/needs home with either female dog or as single pet/must rehome due to older family dog harassing him/adoption fee/vet.reference req./FOREVER HOME ONLY!
Last edited by kiwani on Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

I didn't read all this but you have to ask some kind of price, I think the rule from graigslist is at least $50.00 and you have to be really careful about who you give him to. People will go to extremes to get dogs for testing labs and fighting bait. From some of the stories I have heard some will even show up as a loving family with a borrowed kid just to get the dog for what ever evil purpose, So at least $50 and be very careful with who shows up at your door. Never offer any pet for free, Snake,rat,cat or dog, anything that breaths. you would be amazed with what people do with them for a few dollors.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

That last post was me, Is anyone else having problems signing in, its taking a couple of tries then when it looks like your signed in it say guest.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I'm always signed in. But that's just me being Blonde... :roll:
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Must be something in the Bleach. I have nothing against Blonde's, My daughter is blonde, my ex-wife and my part time wife are blonde's, I use to be blonde, the blonde tends to fade after awhile. I personally thought the joke was good clean canine humor. But even though your blonde don't forget to stop by and pick up some of those Tasty Nutro Dessert treats. Oh by the way now that I know your Blonde, the Desserts are for Lilly and Pip.
chris

Post by chris »

LOL @ Jeff.... again... :-)

Jeff.. you should be a spokes person for nurto...
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Jeff,

my part time wife are blonde's
Huh? please explain the part time....
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
chris

Post by chris »

He posted somewhere... they live in different towns.. and I think he sees her 1-2 times a week? something like that. He moved so that Peko could get treatment. :-) He is a good Chow Daddy... (lol.. that sounds funny)
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Sandie,
I hope that you can find him a good forever home.
Are you sure that there are no chow rescues in Boca, Delray, Lake worth or any place in Palm Beach county...there must be?

Jeff....actually I think that at our age...part time spouses, S/O's and or whatever's sounds like a great idea!!!!!

Sharon
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Make that once or twice a month.

Sharon, I don't pay attention to age, age is based on how you feel, how you think and how you take care of yourself, not what your drivers license says.
chris

Post by chris »

so, in Jeff's mind... he is a 25 year old hottie.. ;-) LOL
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

I am still 22...have been forever.
Actually, however, I think that I liked my mid 30's the best.

And yes, Jeff. once or twice a month sounds ideal!!!

Sharon
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Thinking that I am 25 would be insane people would think I'm Crazy that's way to young. A more realistic number would be 26.

I agree with Sharon, Thirties and early forties were the best years, when I turned 80 things slowed down abit so now that I'm Ninety five my goal in life is to win the trophy for pushing my shopping cart across a busy intersection, I got it down to 45 minutes from stepping off the curb, crossing the street and 20 minutes to lift me and my cart up onto the next curb. People must love seeing me race across the street they always honk and raise their fist Cheering for me on. Another great work out I'm involved in is racing to be first in line on Sunday mornings at IHop for the senior specials, I charge up my Little rascal saturday night for that extra speed I need to get to Ihop, were all exhausted after that big Sundy Morning race and work out.

Dam, I sure crack myself up.

Post by Guest »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Thinking that I am 25 would be insane people would think I'm Crazy that's way to young. A more realistic number would be 26.

I agree with Sharon, Thirties and early forties were the best years, when I turned 80 things slowed down abit so now that I'm Ninety five my goal in life is to win the trophy for pushing my shopping cart across a busy intersection, I got it down to 45 minutes from stepping off the curb, crossing the street and 20 minutes to lift me and my cart up onto the next curb. People must love seeing me race across the street they always honk and raise their fist Cheering for me on. Another great work out I'm involved in is racing to be first in line on Sunday mornings at IHop for the senior specials, I charge up my Little rascal saturday night for that extra speed I need to get to Ihop, were all exhausted after that big Sundy Morning race and work out.

Dam, I sure crack myself up.
8) and you, Jeff, crack me up as well (in all the good ways). When you come up here with Pekes for her new vet and your new home base, I hope we (and Karen, Lou, Chika etc.) can meet!