LOL@Rio 'talking' to me

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

LOL@Rio 'talking' to me

Post by Rio »

Have any of you noticed if you ask your babies a question they kinda reply? If Rio is asked if he wants to go out he tilts his head to the right,same if you ask if he wants food, I have found if he doesn't understand a question his head goes to the left,if we don't listen after any head tilt we get a little bark and a look of 'well if your not listening'. He's a cheeky boy.
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: LOL@Rio 'talking' to me

Post by Cam Atis »

:shock:
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Tippsy always talked back. ~lol~ She rarely did head tilts, unless, as you said, she didn't understand a question. But she'd give her little woofs, grunts, and other sounds in reply when I'd talk to her. :lol: I've found that Jazz does it as well. :lol: At least he got the smarts and stubbornness of the chow, since he got the labs over enthusiastic approach to things. :lol:
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Our three girls all talk to us in their own sweet ways and we love it.

Mabel, our old girl grunts and hmphs and harrumphs.

Matilda grunts a lot but also she and Maisie talk to us in a funny way. The top part of their muzzles do not move but the bottom part does and they give lovely little noises - difficult to explain - "awurf ruff ruff " and so on. They also always say thankyou with a grunt - it is so sweet.

Mabel says thankyou with a "Mumm" and then off she goes.

I think you have to listen and look at them and before very long you become familiar with their ' words' . :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
MissV
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MissV »

hehehehhehe
this is a cute thread. I must say though, that I have more conversations with my cat than I do with my dog. In fact, i can have a full on conversation with my cat. One lasted for over 4 mins the other day. We just went on and on :)
kinda like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3U0udLH974 ENJOY xxx
Pure is the heart of an animal - Evil is the heart of man...
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I think you have to listen and look at them and before very long you become familiar with their ' words' .
That is so true. @MissV, I have always had talking cats and would frequently have long conversations.
tysonchow03
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tysonchow03 »

Our Tyson talks to us SO MUCH, he barks, he growls, he chirps, and does this kinda backward sneeze to get our attention. He inhales than shakes his head like he's sneezing and goes ' hooffff!!"

He also paws us if we're sitting on the couch. First he'll paw us, walk a few steps back and waits. Than tries it again, steps back and watches us. Tries it for a 3rd time, but this time with a deep throat growl/bark, and if we continue to ignore him he gets louder and louder. He lets us know that he needs to go out, needs water or food. He also goes to his food bowl if its empty and barks.

He too totally does the head tilt, and his ears are constantly twitching. He's very obsertive. Super adorable!

When he doesn't understand something he tilts his head downwards and tries to understand, and when he does understand he lifts his chin up, sticks his fury chest out, eyes wide, eyes up, and tilts his head either way.

One time we were packing stuff into the car and he went to take off after something, and he ran around the car totally out of our sight. All I had to say was " Tyson! want to go for a car ride?!' and not even 2 seconds later he pops his head around with his chin up, chest out, head tilted! It was the cutest thing ever!

SHOOT! I thought he was sleeping, I was JUST reading my last part out loud but whispering and he heard me say " Tyson! want to go for a car ride". He popped his head up and glared at me over his shoulder. LOL OOPS!!
Proud parents since 2010

Marlee Chow- DOB April 7, 2012
Tyson Chow - DOB Jan 15, 2003
tysonchow03
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tysonchow03 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktS2GcxDKgA :lol:

Ps- Tyson doesn't like the sound of this guy's tone. He's running around frantically and growling trying to find him.
Proud parents since 2010

Marlee Chow- DOB April 7, 2012
Tyson Chow - DOB Jan 15, 2003