Pet food recalls

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Pet food recalls

Post by Piff Poff »

I posted about a pet food recall in the General Discussion Forum and couldn't find it, then today I found it had been moved to here and then found out about a recall that I would have actually have been interested in. I don't look in the Nutrition,Diets and Food section EVER, as Henry is great with food. I do think Pet Food recalls should be in the general forum as lots of people don't look in here if their chow is doing fine with foods. I would have completely missed the Solid Gold info had I not been looking for info I had posted.
Thank you Sweatpea
aglag
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Pet food recalls

Post by aglag »

Sorry you had a difficult time between forums. As you can see, there are different forums for different things making it easy to jut click on the ones that interest you and your pet. The general forum is just that, for general things, nothing in particular. The nutrition, diets and food forum is speciafically for pets who may be having problems with their diets, their foods or just information on what is good, better or worse as well as brands. It can be debatable as to what postings goes where. I suppose all postings can be "general" but this site is narrowed down to specifics. So posting the pet food recall in the nutrition, diet and food forum was the correct forum to post it in. Though my dog might be great with his foods, I always check the nutrition, diets, food forum for information I might not have known about. Though I learn about the pet food recall from listening to the news on TV. I also requently check out the grooming forum to see what's happening in the line of shampoos, etc. I check out skin, ear,fleas and tick products. I learn something new each time. I hope you do try and venture out to some of the other forums, you'd be surprise of all the good information you can find and learn about. I hope Henry is doing well and so are you.
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

I get what your saying, ive been visiting this site for 5 years and it was only this last week that I have ever clicked onto this part of the forum as I haven't needed the info before, so I think as recalls on pet food is a really important subject that could affect the health of your chow it should be in a more frequented area - even if there was a announcement type thing.
Thank you Sweatpea
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I guess I don't have much of a life, because I check all of the forum topics for new entries. I never know when I might learn something new.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I agree with Piff Poff get the message out where people look the most and even if it's just a FYI go to food for recall notice..Sad to say I lost a chow from the recall 5 years ago it's very important to get the info as soon possible .