Moderator: chowadmin

PCC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Walking With Chows

Post by PCC »

A poll:

How often do you walk with your Chow?

I usually walk with Dim Sum twice a day, once in the morning, and once in the late evening.

How far or how long do you go?

Usually it is 20-30 minutes or a half mile or so. He constantly sniffs around, so our overall speed is not swift. :P
On weekends we could be out for a few hours, but the actual distance would never be more than say, two miles.

Who walks doggy?

Just me; I am single.
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Walking With Chows

Post by TyChowgirl »

Three times a day. 15 to 20 minutes twice a day for the most part, sometimes once, sometimes three times. Depends on the day. The days I have off or plenty of time and the weather is nice, we go on half hour to hour walks.

See above

Who walks doggy?

Me, I am the primary caregiver of the Tiberius lol
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

4 times a day

2 - 3 hours a day. 1h (morning) / 1h (late afternoon) / 30min (evening) / 30min (around midnight)

Who walks doggy?

Doggy walks me! :)
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hugo »

How often do you walk your chow?
Most days

About 30-40 mins

Who walks doggy?
Hugo (Chow) walks Horten (Spoodle) and I and sometimes whole family.
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Henry gets two walks a day unless he deems the ground to be slightly damp, then no one goes :roll:

I walk Mon-Fri morning. OH does Sat&Sun morning. DD does afternoons - she is the reason a doggy came to live with us, however now she is a busy busy teen I am starting to do several afternoons too - they are very different from the morning walks.

I go for about 40 mins, OH does the same in just under 30mins and DD, well Henry is lucky to get 20mins from her.

We occasionally go to the dog park, we go round the fenced one once - we tried twice round once and Henry was worn out and got really sniffy. If I take him to the nicer but unfenced one, then Henry chooses which way to go and whether he wants the short one or long one - usually short (40mins).
Thank you Sweatpea
MissV
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MissV »

Twice a day :)

in the morning - about 15mins only. In the afternoon we alternate between a walk around the block (30mins) a 15min hard sprint (my dog LOVES to run - so bizzare) or a trip to the dog park for free-runs and socializing (45mins - 1hr). On weekends, its outings to the beach, gardens, parks... anywhere really!

Who walks doggy?

I do. Sometimes boyfriend will if I'm stuck at work late or cant, but 99.9% of the times, its just Slush n me :)
Pure is the heart of an animal - Evil is the heart of man...
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Once a day

Jasper and Dixie will both walk 1 - 1 1/2 hours while my little Todd only walks 30-40 minutes... My chow girl Tippsy would only walk 30 minutes to an hour right up until the day before I had to let her go...

Who walks doggy?
I walk my dogs. They're my responsibility... Plus, I don't trust many other people with them.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
MartMan86
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MartMan86 »

I walk Nadia daily ... usually around 6pm or 9pm. We go to a local park which seems abandoned anymore and I let her free walk with me. We both run two laps and walk two which equals out to 3 miles total. We've been doing it for over 3 years though so she's very use to it.

Our new pup Kage gets walked at 5pm for 3/4 mile. It wears his little butt out which is a good thing when he's as hyper as the Taz-Manian Devil