She's home

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

She's home

Post by Sirchow »

I am so thankful to have my Bramble home. I was worried sick last night about the op when she had some wierd breathing issues and couldn't get her breath for nearly five mins. I kept wondering if I should cancel her surgery but didn't want to when I was all psyched up for this time and if I cancelled it would have to wait another six months. So I cant really tell you how relieved I was when I heard the vet say she is awake and standing. Not standing now as they gave her a lot of meds after her last op was so traumatic for her. So she is lying at my feet dribbling on my best boots with a blankie round her snoring her head off. And you know what if anyone else dribbled on my boots they would get a swift kick but she is welcome to dribble as long as it takes. :lol: Gosh it is scary how tight a hold of my heart my girl has!

Her bloods showed up a few wee anomolies that will need checked again in a few weeks but her liver is good considering the rimadyl she has every day for her ED.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: She's home

Post by Ursa's daddy »

So she is lying at my feet dribbling on my best boots with a blankie round her snoring her head off. And you know what if anyone else dribbled on my boots they would get a swift kick but she is welcome to dribble as long as it takes.
LOL....I know that feeling. I am glad to hear things are doing well.
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Sooo glad Miss Brambles has made it through!! It must be a relief to have her home with you. {\o/} hugs to you and Izzy and Brambles!!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you.
She is so drugged she has no idea whats what but I am so relieved. Feels like a weight off my shoulders. This has been hanging over me so long with her having had five or six anasthetics since november last year - I have lost count. I just felt like I was pushing my luck and something bad was going to happen.
I have made her a solemn promise which she cant hear above the snoring that there will be no more surgery now for a very long time. :D
BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by BeckiHutton »

Ahh well done brams... I knew you would be fine :) give her a hug from me, lily, rob and alfie :) xxxx
Pretty little lily :). Thank you sweetpea for the wonderful banner
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Welcome home Bramble!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

\:D/ Glad you are home again, Bramble!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Oh, Brams I am so glad you are home and dribbling on Mums boots.. That is just what the dr. ordered ...take it easy and let everyone wait on you..and tell your little sister Izzie to take a break and leave you rest for now. I know Mom is just so happy to have you home again.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I'm so glad she's home and well Siriol! :)
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Glad to hear she's home and well! It seems like the week or so will be forever to heal up, but it goes by fast. It seems like a blink now.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Good to hear it was smooth sailing. Purple kisses to Brams.
bellachow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellachow »

So glad everything went well for her surgery. \:D/ And I said the same thing to Belle after her surgery...no more unless an emergency. The definately have us wrapped around those litte paws :roll:
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you all for your good wishes for Bramble :D
She is a lot more awake and a bit happier today. Not eaten, drunk or pottied yet but we are getting there. I slept on the settee with her and we were up and down in the night a lot but she is def feeling a bit less drugged and more herself. Cant wait to have her back to health and then she can get on with life and no more ops. \:D/
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Good to hear Bramble is home and starting to feel better. :D Purple get well kisses from Cocoa.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Nice to hear everyone feeling better (chows and people both). Anesthesia always are worry with the babies. Rory sends his best as well.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you. She is doing really well and her vet, Emily, came to see her the other day as she is a friend of my daughters and Bramble was so funny with her not giving her a kiss very pointedly when she kissed the Emily's two sisters who were also visiting. I was trying not to laugh as Emily was quite upset. They sure know how to make you sweat these chows of ours. :lol:
BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by BeckiHutton »

Bless :) she is so intelligent. Your girls are amazing. Glad to hear she is feeling better now :)
bellachow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellachow »

Funny you should mention that Bramble not kissing Emily, her vet. Belle reacted the same way. Dr. Phillip said that while Belle was in recovery cage that everytime he would walk in the room Belle would bark at him and made sure he knew she was watchin him. lol
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Glad she is home and it is all over. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Even though I kept up on FB with beautiful, sweet Brambles....just wanted to say here that I am so glad that she did so well.

We "wuvies" you Brams......Auntie Sharon and your "cuzzies" JR and Cheyenne.

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you Aunty Sharon and Judy for your good wishes and Becki I think she has forgiven Emily now. She gave her a kiss last time she saw her :D

She is such a happy girl and for the first time ever has started doing zoomies with her sister. Normally Izzie zoomies and Bramble cowers in the corner but she is instigating it and chasing Izzie around. Keep having to stop them as zoomies are not really appropriate yet but I can see they are already getting on better than they ever have before. It makes me so happy to see them together playing and bowing to each other :D
BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by BeckiHutton »

Oh wow!! That is Fab :) you will have to take a video so we can see :)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Brilliant!! :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm glad to hear Bramble is doing well. I haven't been on for a long time because of my husband's lung cancer and our house being flooded in Sept. I'm using my son's laptop, as we don't have a computer yet. Best wishes to all of you!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Paula I am so sorry to hear that your husband has been poorly I hope he is doing well now. It sounds like you have been through some tough times and it is so hard when it all comes at once. I really hope you are getting your life back on track.

Thank you for your kind wishes, I am sending positive thoughts and prayers for you and yours. xxx