Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

solomon
Rank 0
Rank 0

KINGSTON!

Post by solomon »

Hello,

We are so glad we found this site! it has been like a chow encyclopedia for us the past few months. Well they day finally came and our new pup Kingston is home! Unfortunately we had to have him shipped b/c we couldnt find a chow breeder in michigan..Funny thing is I used to see alot of chows when I was young but haven't seen hardly any in many yrs now. Well Kingston is a vibrant young male (pretty much came potty trained) who is also very smart. He has already learned the sit command and knows that no means no! He follows me around everywhere and gives lots of kisses to me, the wife, and my 2 yr old daughter who adores him..Enough babbling here are some pics,,,sorry if I went overboard but trust me this is just 1% of the pics and we've only had him a week :lol: .

Kingston letting me know its time to do my business Image

chasing his tail Image
now I got 2 toddlers as you can see he puts everything he finds in his doggy bed (which he never sleeps in he rather sleep on the floor :? ) Image
me and my boyImage
my daughter Nyomi and her 2 teddy bears sleeping Image
mommy and King Image

KINGSTON! Image Image Image Image
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: KINGSTON!

Post by Tippsy'smom »

He's so cute! Congrats! :)

It's not surprising he doesn't sleep in his bed. :lol: Chows typically won't sleep on/in a bed preferring a hard, cool surface. :) My purebred girl only recently started using her bed(back in December) and EVERYBODY was surprised to see it. :lol:

Anyways, congrats again! And by the way, I don't think you could go "overboard" with pics! :D We LOVE them here!
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
solomon
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by solomon »

Thanks Tippsy'smom you have some cute chows of your own. Jasper looks like a big boy i hope my kingston is a big boy too!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

You're very welcome! Thank you! :) Tippsy's my oldest at 10 y/o(11 in May) and 38-41 lbs. Jasper's half lab, 2 y/o, and 105 lbs. :lol: So he IS a big boy. And then, Dixie, we're not too sure what she is. :lol: My little, well, big pound puppy, 60 lbs and 8 months old. :D
Last edited by Tippsy'smom on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Kingston is very cute.

I would like to warn you though that if that collar of his is a flat one, it will rub his hair right off, even if it is nice and loose. You want to get him a rolled collar, either an all leather one, or a nylon braided one. My two wear the nylon braided ones from here: http://www.dogids.com/dobrnyslco.html My boy has worn one since he out grew his last puppy harness. they aren't too expensive so you can replace them for very little as he grows out of it. Don't use this type of collar, (or any neck collar) for leash training while he is young though, it can hurt his neck and throat if he pulls, (and being a chow he will pull)

Again he is a very lovely chowboy!
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
solomon
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by solomon »

Thanks victory, I took that collar off soon as I read this, I'm gonna go and get him a rolled collar tmrw.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

What a cutie pie!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
beccaharrison89
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by beccaharrison89 »

awwww he is so cute. congrats on your new pup
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

What part of the mitten do you hail from? I live in west Michigan. Kingston is cute, he will be a handsome adult.
solomon
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by solomon »

Thank you everyone for the nice words. Auddymay we also live in west Michigan were in Grand Rapids.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Kingston is adorable. Love the one of him on his back, and the tail pulling one too.. Well all of them are cute but those remind me of when Nikki was little she did the same things.