2006 Wisconsin Chow Specialty Show ***UPDATED 7/31***

Share and keep track of special events, birthdays and anniversaries for your Chow Chow.

Moderator: chowadmin

Joe & Robin
Rank 0
Rank 0

2006 Wisconsin Chow Specialty Show ***UPDATED 7/31***

Post by Joe & Robin »

First of all I would like to say I'm sorry for not posting much lately - but we have kept an eye on all the posts regularly :oops: .

This site has grown so much and there is so much great input here :D . We were never Chow experts in the first place and by time we check in most of most of you have already said what we would have. It's really amazing how this site went from a few regulars like Judy (the true Chow mom from "over the pond"), Lou and Jeff and some that have left, to what it is today. ChowAdmin - my hat's off to you - GREAT JOB!

Anyway - we will try to do better.

It is that time of the year again. The Wisconsin Chow Specialty Show. July 28th in Waukeshaw WI. In case you're new here - Robin and I go every year to the show and post pictures. If you are in the area (and we know some of you are) be there. It is a great chance to meet some hardcore Chow enthusianths and see some prospective championn Chows. Also, these folks are not just about show Chows they have a heart for rescues too. And they are just an enormous knowledge base for all sorts of issues. Besides, it's just a good time.

We will be posting pictures shortly after the event.

Hi Judy & Fred
Hi Lou
Hi Roxann
et all
Last edited by Joe & Robin on Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe, Robin & Mai Tai

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
- Will Rogers
chris

Post by chris »

I think Im gonna check it out. :-) See you there?
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Maybe I'll go. I could take the ferry to Milwalkee, and it looks like maybe 50 miles from there. If I go, I''l post it. Something like...I'll be the one wearing the floppy purple hat, or clown's nose...
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Hi! Joe and Robin!!
Lovely to hear from you and we are sorry we cannot make it - would love to but it is just a bit far!
Anyway, have a lovely time.

Purple kisses from M & M xxxxxxxxxxx
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Hi There!

We've missed hearing from you on this site!!! How is beautiful Mai Tai?! Post some photos of her for us to admire! Enjoy the Wisconsin Chow Specialty Show! Look forward to seeing your photos... will you be posting them on Monica's site again?

Oh, ChowAdmin opened up a seperate frappr site... don't forget to join up there too. Took me while, but finally got on board. For some reason, it kept putting my state as Indiana?! Hmmm, Zhu as a midwestern chow? Hmmm... ]):)

:x
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I'd love to go to a Chowfest someplace!

Wisconsin is closer than CA, but it's still a bit far.

If there's ever one in St. Louis, I'm there!
Joe & Robin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Joe & Robin »

Hi Lou,

Mai Tai is fine and she seems to have finally matured (not as mischievous anymore). I can’t believe we are coming up on her two year homecoming anniversary in a few days. I will post more pics as soon as I can. For some reason we have been really busy this summer with new additions (people not chows) to the family and such.

I have not decided yet where I will post the Chow show pics. Robin and I officially joined the Wisconsin Chow Chow Club recently and the pictures I take will most likely be posted on the club site like the ones I have taken the past two years. I will post a link and or a few on this site either way. I added us to the map. It is really filling up but some more of the folks across the water need to get on the band wagon. :wink: :wink:

More soon.
Joe, Robin & Mai Tai

- Will Rogers
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I actually DID go to the Wisconsin Dog Show. We just got back awhile ago. We missed the friday event. I thought I had left in plenty of time to make it, but I didn't take into account the Dan Ryan Expressway. What a joke. Nothing ticks me off more than to pay money to sit in stop and go traffic for an extra 2 hours. I will definitely take the ferry next time I visit Wisconsin. I actually decided late thursday night to go, so I spent an hour scrambling to get hotel rooms for 2 nights in busy Milwalkee. We stayed in a dump the first night, and upscale accomodations the second night. Or maybe it just felt upscale after the Motel 6 flophouse. No, no... 5 pillows on each bed says 'we care'.

We met several beautiful Chows. I was going to give a shout out for any Joe and Robin from L. Villa IL, but my daughter would have been completely mortified, so I refrained. Both Haley and I got alot of photos, but I will edit them before I post them. I am looking forward to seeing Robin and Joe's photos, too. If either of you guys are in any of them (yours or mine) let me know! I probably saw you and didn't know it.

Chris, we said hi to you and Steelo as we passed exit 344, did you hear us? Haley said we should have stopped to see you. I had to tell her no can do, since we planned so hastily.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh that's so cool!!!! I can't wait to see the pics... once again, must've been cuteness overload! :wink:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

A teaser
Last edited by Auddymay on Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris

Post by chris »

DAMN, I forgot all about it.. shooooot I wanted to go so bad.

See, moosh for brains.. ya have to remind me of these things.

:(

I thought I heard something Audy :shock: :shifty:
Joe & Robin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Joe & Robin »

Hi all,

Robin and I went to the show on Friday. We even brought Robin's mom along - she was amazed seeing so many Chows in one place. Sorry we missed you Auddymay. Was it hot enough or what (94 degrees on Friday)?

I took 123 pictures and have been slowly putting them on glowfoto. Try this link:

http://www.glowfoto.com/users/jc0430/view.php?aid=8197

Here's a teaser from us - one "hot" Chow.

View Full Size at Glowfoto
Last edited by Joe & Robin on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe, Robin & Mai Tai

- Will Rogers
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Saturday was a weather repeat of friday, and I was a sweating fool. After the chow's showed we went in the grooming area to see the groomer's at work. Curling iron on a Lasa Aphso...poor thing.

HeHe Then we went to watch the obedience to see how the other half lives. Very interesting. I saw a golden that loved what she was doing. After every trial, her mom would release her, and she jumped high in the air, landing where she was supposed to be, on the lady's left side. You could see how happy she was, doing the trials and making her momma proud. I could NEVER imagine Lily doing that.

On Sunday, before we left, we went to a meet the breed area, where they had a sight dog rabbit run set up for any breed to try. The Visla was nuts for it, but didn't corner well because the grass was a bit wet, and it was set up in a square. Even the whippet slipped a little. The German Shorthair Pointer was the best, because he could take the corners with his wider set legs and bigger paws. The Curly Retriever stood there looking confused. I could REALLY see Lily doing that one!

Wonderful photos Joe! I noticed the tat in about the 4th photo, then was happy to see it up close! Much better than most I've seen, but it has to be a really excellent tattoo for me to like it anyway.

I really enjoyed watching the show (even the non-chows). There is a show next weekend south of here that I am considering attending for a day, if it isn't roasting hot.
Joe & Robin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Joe & Robin »

Auddymay,

Glad you like the pics. Did you notice on the one with the tatoo I commented "no this is not my leg"? It is a great tatoo though and I don't know who the person was. I told Robin I wanted to get Bear (RIP) on one arm and Mai Tai on the other. All I got was that "wife look" - I guess that means no. :roll:
Joe, Robin & Mai Tai

- Will Rogers
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I have mine in an album at photobucket. IM me with an e-mail address, if you want an invite! :D
Last edited by Auddymay on Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Thanks for sharing those pictures! They're great. My husband and I also got a kick out of the tattoo. We're going to do our best to find a show in our area.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

That was my first show, and I enjoyed it. There were a few times handler/owners got angry at their Chows for not preforming in the show ring. One mama slapped her girl on the nose after she squirmed from the judge during structure inspection (she did it out of the ring in the waiting area). The second one literally dragged her boy out of the ring and waiting area, and was not about to let him stop when he tried to mark a pole. That is the down side of shows.

Finding a show in your area is fairly easy. I went to the AKC site, and looked up the superintendents.

http://www.akc.org/events/conformation/ ... ndents.cfm

These are the people who set up shows for local kennel clubs. They each have their own web sites with lists of upcoming shows they are sponsering. The show this past weekend was Jack Onofrio's, and the one I am thinking of seeing this weekend is from Roy Jones.

We had a wonderful time, and only wish the weather was cooler.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Once again, I enjoyed your photos from the show, Joe!

Hugs and kisses to Mai Tai!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Ooooh cool, I'm going to the site right now.
That's awful about what some of those people do to their animals. :(