Kuro in Paris

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Kurosbuddy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Kuro in Paris

Post by Kurosbuddy »

Took Kuro to France on the ferry. He is a superstar in France and LOVES being able to go into restaurants, shops, tourist attractions etc. The French have such a wonderful attitude towards dogs. Kuro soaked up the attention like a proper celebrity and acted as a great ambassador for the breed. I am so proud of my guy! He also got to bond with my 3 year old nephew. He wiggles frantically when he sees him and seems go genuinely like to be around him. I am very lucky to have such a great dog.
Attachments
Posing in front of the Eiffel Tower.
Posing in front of the Eiffel Tower.
Kuro in Paris.jpg (221.84 KiB) Viewed 3604 times
j3ffry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Kuro in Paris

Post by j3ffry »

Congratulations sir! I envy you because you were able to travel with Kuro. I would like to ask some questions though. Was there a time that Kuro wasn't able to control and poop in public? What did you do? Did you pick up the poop? I had a bad experience on this when I Brought Riko-Chan in a Bay-walk. She pooped and knowing there breed there poop are big in size. :mrgreen: So I just picked up the poop and acted like nothing happened. =D=

Good job sir! =D=
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

If you see a fabulous red chowgirl there with a slender young woman on any trips, ask if the chows name is Coco...Kuro looks right at home!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I wish we in the U.S. could take our dogs more places. I think it's great the French allow them to go more places.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Zeus & Simba
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Zeus & Simba »

Hi cora, just curious, are there a lot of restrictions on where you can take the furry kids in the US?

I live in Melbourne, Australia. We can have the kids at any outdoor dining area, any park (many off lead) and even on the train with a muzzle. People have such a fantastic attitude to dogs here, so many people have dogs it's wonderful! :D
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

We live in Northeastern Pennsylvania and we don't have many outdoor dining areas, and the ones we do have I'm not sure would allow pets. The only stores they allow them in are the ones like Petsmart. My area is quite rural, so we don't have dog parks. I can take them for walks on dirt roads, but there aren't a lot of other options!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Kurosbuddy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Kurosbuddy »

Hi All,
Yes, the French have a much more civilized attitude towards dogs and pets in general. They are allowed in many public places. Kuro did find Paris a bit overwhelming and was tired for days after wards, but he is 9 Hardest part for him is that he HATES pooping on cement and we had trouble finding grassy bits! Also the French looked at me as though I was insane when I pulled out the poop bags and actually picked it up :)
The absolute best thing though, is that in France, and the UK where I now live, chows don't have the same reputation as they do in the states. It is refreshing NOT to have people just assume chows are some sort of vicious breed.

Kuro and I will be traveling back to the States for 3 months in a few weeks and it will be quite a shock for him to go back to being relegated to the dog park for his off-leash adventures... But we invite any Sacramento-area chows to join us at the dog park!

Katie and Kuro
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

You are lucky to be in such a place. I hate it that chows have such a reputation here in the U.S. They are the most wonderful breed and I wish more people here would see it.
CoraP.Image
Jules Jusserand