I have a 4 month old chow and a one year old boxer

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

bruno
Rank 0
Rank 0

I have a 4 month old chow and a one year old boxer

Post by bruno »

I'm about to change the food of my boxer, she's an adult now, but when I feed them the boxer and the chow like to switch plates and eat from each others food, I had feed them the same for now, but it's time for my boxer to go for adult food, how can I manage food time so that my chow won't eat the boxer's food?
bruno
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: I have a 4 month old chow and a one year old boxer

Post by bruno »

Well, that's a great idea, since my chow hates it I don't know how I will handle that but I will give it a try. Thanks :wink:
Cafe_Latte
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Cafe_Latte »

Some discipline training is a start. Monitoring and interacting with them when they swap bowls - correct the action by either scolding or
forcing then to eat out of the the bowl that was given to them. I had to teach my male chow to not wonder away, this meant some hand
feeding or hold his bowl to encourage him to eat from his own bowl and disciplining him to leaving the other bowls alone. Of course this
require you to be firm and exhibiting alpha behavior. As soon as you have there respect, they'll listen and obey.

-s
bruno
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bruno »

that's what I've been doing and he gets less frustraded, he gets to spend more time in the crate now.