Need sugestions for vacuums

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

ttbsuziq
Rank 0
Rank 0

Need sugestions for vacuums

Post by ttbsuziq »

I have 2 Chows. My vacuum has died again. I am looking for suggestions of vacuums that others are using that have long haired buddies. I have been through 6 vacs in 10 years. Would like to get something that has a chance of lasting more than 2 years.
I have read that long pet hair causes problems in bagless vacuums? Anybody have good luck with one? I have had one and it lasted 1 year, but there is a big push of bagless now just not sure its the way to go.
Thanks for your time
Ttbsuziq, Midnite and Hazel
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Need sugestions for vacuums

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I would go for the dyson. If you are a Costco member, there is one on sale right now. I bought one 2 years ago and it broke (my daughter got something stuck in it that broke the beater bar) and was even able to return it and get another after 2 years for less money than I paid 2 years ago too.

Post by Guest »

If I had the money I would go for a Dyson - clever man!
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Dyson, Dyson, Dyson. No bags, very sanitary, very effective. It comes out cheaper in the end. If you have carpets, go for an upright, if you have hardwood floors go for the canister model.
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Definitely Dyson! I recently purchased my 2nd. My first, I just donated to a neighbor, perfect working order after 9 years of use, it just had the canister clip break. Not sure if you have a Bed Bath and Beyond store near you, but if so, the all floors model $399.00, use their 20% off coupon and you have the PERFECT (pet hair cleanup and everything else) vacuum. \:D/
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558

Post by Guest »

Oreck! Worth it! Bought mine in 2007 and hasn't broken down one bit. Get's serviced free once a year if you want. Uses bags so you are not exposed to the allergens like the non-bag vacuums. I read 2 threads on here before I made the purchase. It is also made in America, in Louisiana. Parts are easy to get if something goes wrong. ORECK =D=
chinabear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chinabear »

it has to be a DYSON,i bought a dyson ball when i got my chow chow,its plugged in day and night as she is loosing quite a bit of fur right now :wink: