Tried LOTS of snacks, here's what my Chows like

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

gebower
Rank 1
Rank 1

Tried LOTS of snacks, here's what my Chows like

Post by gebower »

Very, very picky, but they still like Milk Bones, but Max will only eat the light colored ones, Zeena doesn't care what flavor it is, she eats them like that. Eight flavors. Also, I don't know if it's available to everyone, EVO snacks. Comes in a green plastic bag and has no grains, they like that one too. I've tried a whole lot of snacks and gave them away to coworkers who had dogs. So, that's it for my Chows, Milk Bones or EVO snacks. Tired of wasting money or supplying others with snacks I bought. At least they don't go to waste.
Gene.
Gene
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Tried LOTS of snacks, here's what my Chows like

Post by chowpups »

Nikki will eat the van patten stuff in a tube container and dried chicken strips. And breath bones, that our neighbors dog wouldn't eat but she loves them. .. (go figure that one). But not much else. I now take the extras that are left over to the SPCA.
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Cheese - anything with cheese, all day long cheese will be consumed by Henry. He also likes milk bones - most of the time, he likes the marrow snack things that look like fig rolls and he likes the soft and chewy treats. Anything else he tends to like for a few days and then goes off them. We (I) have a selection of treats on hand for his royal highness as quite often the first/second or even third choice is not what he wishes to eat at that particular moment. :roll:
Thank you Sweatpea
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Chicken Strips, Baa-baa's, Moo-Moos, Duck strips...
have turned up their nose to: any type of biscuit, greenies, salmon treats,.... they are picky!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I wish I knew lol. :D

Bramble is so picky that when we go to shows there nothing that she will take. She is a little better at home and loves dried tripe but even that gets the thumbs down in public :( At her training classes the trainer has given up trying to find rewards she will take. Silly chow!
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Mabel loves little pieces of cheese, gravy bones and smachos. Milly used to love them too. Whenever we took them to the vet the nurses would always offer them treats and they would always turn their snooty chow chow noses up at them and never accept them. Same thing in the big "Pets at Home" pet shop in town. People were always hurt at this. :?
How Matilda and Maisie will behave we have yet to find out. They love gravy bones and smachos, cheese, the dental chews I get for them and they also love a "Shapes" biscuit - Milly and Mabel would never chew the chews and would not eat the shapes biscuits either.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
myboys
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by myboys »

anything with cheese....and they also absolutely positively love baby carrots! Milk bones are ok too but they come in third.

Jean
Deogie_momanddad
Rank 0
Rank 0

my Chow likes

Post by Deogie_momanddad »

My baby LOVES pup-eroni, milk bones, well to save time...if he can eat it he likes it! There isnt anything he will not eat. lol
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Check out this thread. http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7039 Feel free to add to it, the other sections are not used nearly enough!