Oops...We Did It Again!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

fings1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Oops...We Did It Again!

Post by fings1 »

I forgot to share the good news the last time I was on, we have a new addition. It started with my sister's visit, a trip to Petsmart, and dog adoption day. Never a good idea! I didn't get what I planned on at the store I did get an adorable boy we now call Kensy. He's part chow part Leonberger, warning, cuteness ahead.

Watch him make his TV debut with Horst (dad) on Good Day Atlanta Xtra.....http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/good_d ... one_101509

Why the lion cut? A video we haven't quite finished, bol.
Auddymay

Re: Oops...We Did It Again!

Post by Auddymay »

I hope Bo is feeling better. I know I hold my breath whenever Pippy is feeling punk. Kensy is very handsome. He looks like a nice mellow fellow. How do he and Bo get along? I am getting Bo's memoirs for my daughter as a Christmas gift...(shhhhh...)
fings1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fings1 »

Thanks Auddymay for ordering Bo's book, he can definitely use help spreading the word. Bo is hanging in, he's just an old boy. Bo has always been a lover not a fighter so him and Kensy are fine, it's pretty hard to resist Kensy he's quite irresistible. He's got a lot of Bo in him, but he listens better. A little, bol.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Kensy is beautiful! I think you made a good choice to adopt him. :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

congrats on your new addition...i am on the hunt now to get a copy of that book in the uk :mrgreen:
fings1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fings1 »

Hi Chowhuskylass...you can order on Amazon UK, comes out Nov 5th, but I've seen it on another UK website that says available but now I can't find it.
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

thank you will get a copy on order :D will there be more books to look forward too??
Tsunami22
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tsunami22 »

I always love a dog memoir! There's something remarkable about a dog's life and how it's so closely intertwined with a humans.

congrats on the new addition!!
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

ooh my copy arrived from amazon this morning and guys i must say its a must read, and i can say that after just reading the first few chapters was in tears of laughter, bo you are a star huni and i will look forward to more and also from your new friend i can just imagine the havoc you 2 will raise =D=
fings1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fings1 »

Chowhuskylass...Thank you so much for the kind words, you made Bo very happy. You're our first reader that I know of from the UK, and what a great endorsement.

As for other books...we didn't quite get the push we were expecting from our publisher so right now it's word of mouth. We're hoping that readers are going to enjoy it and spread the word to all their dog loving friends, the more popular it becomes the more bookstores we can get it in, that's when we get a bigger push from the publisher. Not exactly what we planned, but Bo Bo has faith that we can make this happen. Thanks to pup pals like you we know we can.

Besides...can you think of a better holiday gift than a copy of BAD TO THE BONE? Me either, bol. What a great stocking stuffing for the dog lover in your life.

Lisa & Bo (woof!)
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

well i finished the book i had to force myself to put it down so i did not read it all at once.

I truly have not laughed so hard so much in a while the book is true genius. Oh my I can laugh at your antics and that of your family but i think you would have me in a corner in tears, Thank you for allowing us into your world from a dogs point of view, you can see the love you all share for each other even in times of worry. Fantastic loved it and would recommend it to all my friends.
=D= =D= =D=
Sarah
tabitha
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tabitha »

Cute picture of Kensy

http://tweetphoto.com/5612081