scratching

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

scratching

Post by lola chow »

could anyone tell me why lola is scratching a certain place on my living room carpet :shock: she isnt allowed in there but she sneaks in and you can hear her scratching the carpet :shock: any ideas why :roll:
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: scratching

Post by Sirchow »

That is so weird because Bramble just started doing that about three weeks ago and we came to the conclusion perhaps it was a nesting thing. We put things on top of the two places she was doing it and she forgot all about it after a couple of days. Our girls are awfully alike. :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

they certainly are strange ladies :roll:
Mailie's Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mailie's Mom »

Mailie does that too, but only on my bed. If I let her up on my bed she scratches on the sheets , then lays down on her back and rolls around (on daddy's side only ). :D
Mailie ...............................................................................................................................Louie
Thanks sweetpea!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Both M & M like to have a scratch and I feel I solved the problem by buying a couple of doggie padded mats and put them down where they now go and lie down for a snooze. They usually have a little dig at them to make them comfy and lie down and off they go to sleep. Milly always has to have a dig at both their beds when we go to bed - you see, I am not much good at making chow beds! :lol: So Milly makes Mabel's for her too.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

The scratching Bramble did was like a vigerous workout with the hopes of making it to Australia. She pulled all the pile out of one area of carpet and half out of the second area. Thankfully she has stopped as I had visions of her completely wrecking all our carpets. A couple of heavy coffee tables seemed to do the trick and apparently it is no longer imperative that she has a tunnel to Australia :roll: (at the moment).
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

lolas scratching is like brambles as if theres something there and she needs to get to it :roll:
leisa75
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by leisa75 »

All of my chows do that ! Its like there nesting or fluffing the spot there going to lay on !!! Its funny to watch on a bed !!going in cirles pawing at the bed to get it just right like a cat does !!!!
thanks sweetpea
AngelsMom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AngelsMom »

This is SO weird... Angel does that, too! We always wonder why she's doing it... She doesn't do it in places she is about to sleep! In fact, she does it in places that are extremely awkward! Like behind the couch or on the floor just in front of the fire place (when it isn't lit - that would be another story!).

I just can't figure it out. We just say "Angel's lost her mind again..."

I love the digging to Australia comment! Now we can call it Austrailiaing! haha