What happened to Michael Vick's dogs?

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

What happened to Michael Vick's dogs?

Post by kingalls »

here are some pictures of the dogs that were adopted =D= =D=

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multim ... ent.1.html
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: What happened to Michael Vick's dogs?

Post by Boogie and Linda »

What great pictures! They look so happy. So far from the "killers" that Michael Vick wanted them to be.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Who is Michael Vick? Was this a previous post or from the US news? Just interested :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

In a nutshell- Michael Vick was a pro football player who was convicted of raising Pit Bull Terriers for purposes of fighting them. He just got out of prison after serving a 19 month sentance. At first deemed unsalvageable, a rescue stepped in and saved/rehabilitated all but one or 2 of his dogs.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

It's good to see pictures of those that had a happy ending.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you for explaining that to those of us in the rest of the world Auddymay. What a great ending for the dogs they look so happy and relaxed with their new owners. There are some amazing people out there. :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdasilva27 »

I really wonder what happened with two particular dogs. I saw them on an animal planet (I think) episode. One was a very timid male (was probably a bait dog) but seemed to bond really well with the trainers but was scared of all the other dogs. They ended up finding a dog (that looked VERY similar to him, possibly a litter mate) that he wasn't scared of and even played with a little. Then another was a female. She had been a winning fighter so Vick was breeding her like crazy. He even had all of her teeth surgically removed, probably to take her puppies away without her being able to defend herself or the pups. Her stomach was so stretched out and hanging near the ground and she had scars all over the place from her fighting days. I really hope these two in particular were able to get happy endings so they could live their lives out peacefully.
Mochi_Yoshi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mochi_Yoshi »

sdasilva27 wrote:I really wonder what happened with two particular dogs. I saw them on an animal planet (I think) episode. One was a very timid male (was probably a bait dog) but seemed to bond really well with the trainers but was scared of all the other dogs. They ended up finding a dog (that looked VERY similar to him, possibly a litter mate) that he wasn't scared of and even played with a little. Then another was a female. She had been a winning fighter so Vick was breeding her like crazy. He even had all of her teeth surgically removed, probably to take her puppies away without her being able to defend herself or the pups. Her stomach was so stretched out and hanging near the ground and she had scars all over the place from her fighting days. I really hope these two in particular were able to get happy endings so they could live their lives out peacefully.
I believe this is what you are looking for: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/s ... ogs-update
You have to ask yourself "How can you say no to this face....?" Answer: when they chew on your favorite purse...