Candle Vigil for SCOOBY

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

txladybug
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by txladybug »

I have such a sad sad heart! I'm going away for a few day's.Maybe it will help me to get away! I can't go out anywhere because I just start crying,I can't go to our park and do my walk cuz Scooby was alway's with me! I can't go to sleep because Scooby's not lying next to me in front of his A/C!Everywhere I turn I look to make sure he's coming!I fix dinner and his plate is gone! So sorry guy's as you can see I'm really sick at heart! I miss him sooo much! I just wish they would call so I can go bring him home!Scooby is a Rainbow Resident you can visit him there. Scooby,Tim & Debbie Ligo.Thanks everyone soo much.Darkwind and family I wish you the very best today.I am heading your way to MN.
Debbie :cry:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh Debbie, there is nothing to say other than it will get better. Try to think of the good times. Think of the times he made you smile and then you will smile a little then you will cry some more, and so it will go on until you will mostly remember the good times. :)

Hugs and purple kisses
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Sandie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sandie »

big hugs Debbie. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Mommy to Storme, Beatle, Bailey and Mufassa aka Moose.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

There just isn't anything to say, Debbie. I think we've all been where you're at, there's no help but time.

Grieving is a natural process that takes time.

When you get ready to, maybe you can post his picture in the Memorial section of the board, then we can see what he looked like.

I'm sure he was a beautiful dog.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I just went out to look at Scooby's picture in the Rainbow Residency.

He was a beautiful dog.

Love and hugs,

Yvonne and Brandon
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Debbie, I can't even find the words... I am just so sorry for you and your family. We're all thinking about you...
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Debbie, I noticed on Scooby's virtual tombstone that he was a Halloween baby.

How old was he when you got him? Or was he yours since birth?

Did you guys celebrate his Birthday and go trick or treating?
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

I'm so sorry to hear of Scooby's passing .. my condolences to you, Debbie.

It's a sad fact that our dogs are not designed to outlive us like human kids usually are. And the truest test of our love for them is to be able to let them go when they must go. It hurts like hell, but it's the price we pay for the love they give.

You're in my thoughts ..

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

oh debbie, we are so sorry. there really is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better right now. just know that scooby was lucky to have you, and you, him.
i know he is up there now playing with my bubba and tanuki.he is at peace. all our love and prayers, janet.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

Oh. . .Scooby. I'm deeply saddened to come back to this thread and see that he has passed on. I'm so sorry, Debbie. I truly thought the candles would help.

Run free, Scooby.

Can someone please show me how to get to Rainbow Resident? I've never seen a picture of Scooby.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I was wondering how you can get there too...
I'd love to see a picture of Scooby.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

and so would I.
Sharon
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Thank you very much kiwani.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes, thank you Kiwani and Scooby was a beautiful Chow Chow. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Thank you kiwani. I've been looking for that site.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
chris

Post by chris »

Yeah, thanks.. I went as soon as I saw the link.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Scooby sure makes a beautiful Chow Angel.

Sharon
txladybug
Rank 0
Rank 0

Scooby Our Angel!

Post by txladybug »

I have just returned home after a few day's of solitude. I have only had maybe 4 outburst today. I packed up all Scooby's extra food,shampoo,frontline,pet tabs & ect. and took to a really sweet lady that loves her puppy dog's alot but I don't think has the resources to supply them w/pet tabs and such.She also alway's spoke to Scooby everytime she saw us walking even after 8yrs.of Scooby being aloof,but at the same time her girl was the only one that Scooby would tolarate,so I know in his heart he new that they where good people. Scooby is back home now and has been layed to rest in his normal night-night spot beside my bed in front of his A/C! Again I have drawen such comfort and courage for all of your word's of encouragement,there are no word's to exspress my graditude. Thankyou all so much and may God Bless everyone of you! Love,Debbie :x
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

Thank you for posting the site Kiwani.

Deb, I sent you a message from the RR site.
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

I am so sorry for your loss. Scooby was very hansome. I am sure he is still with you in spirit.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
txladybug
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by txladybug »

Yvonne wrote:Debbie, I noticed on Scooby's virtual tombstone that he was a Halloween baby.

How old was he when you got him? Or was he yours since birth?

Did you guys celebrate his Birthday and go trick or treating?
We got him on Dec 10,1996,only 5 day's after Wizard our first fur baby died at 12 yrs.old. Oh Scooby had a great time every Halloween greeting the trick or treater's from the dining window right next to the front door!He never needed a costume!!! It was great! Most all the kids in the neighbor hood knew Scooby's house!Thankyou for reminding me of those memories,my heart hasn't felt this warm in a week! Thankyou for visiting Scooby. XOXOX
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Debbie,
Scooby was gorgeous and what a wonderful thing for you to do; to donate his food & supplies to someone else who might need it. Shows what a kind, compassionate person you are and how lucky Scooby was to have you as his mom. Please take care of yourself.
Roxana
TiVo's Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TiVo's Mom »

Debbie,
I have thought about you so much since your e-mail last week. I am pretty new to the forum but participated in the candle light vigil hoping to send some positive thoughts and prayers your way. I've gotten on this thread at least three times to try to write something.....to make you feel better but I've started crying and stopped each time. We lost our 9 year old mal to cancer in February so I can understand some of what you're feeling. It's awful even when you know you did the right thing. I missed Yukon so much I thought I would go insane. It takes time and you should mourn and heal at your own rate.