I have been warned

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Thread Nazi's

Post by Red Dragon »

In response to Auddy's locked thread: See Political Correctness thread.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Thread Nazi's

Post by Jeff&Peks »

No one in that thread said anything against anyone or any cultures or thier views , all that was posted was stores of past experiences of growing up on farms.

So the new rule is, if it concerns Chows, animals, abuse or Chows in need it can't be posted but posting racist remarks aginst politicians and political bullsh^t is OK? The word Chow hasn't been mentioned in the Community section in weeks, as it is you can barly mention chow in the general section its either deleted or moved, The general section has become the tea room for the busy bodies, no one dares post in it except unsuspecting new people. Do you see anyone posting in the general section anymore or even responding to post?

I get e-mails also from long time members that this Political crap and ignoence being posted all day, everyday has got to go I say tell the moderators not me but the moderators seem to think its all funny, this racist political trash is offending the hell out of people.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Auddymay

Re: Thread Nazi's

Post by Auddymay »

Tell that to the Filipino people you dragged into the discussion, Jeff. And you are correct. If people complain to the moderators, and they have a legitimate complaint, it will be addressed- as I have done with both you and Sam. If you do not wish to heed your warnings, that is your choice. We may miss you both.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

I have been warned

Post by Red Dragon »

"Calling moderators Nazis is unexceptable. Further caustic remarks aimed at moderators or members, either specifically or generally will result in a 3 day ban- minimum."

I think I just shat myself! :lol:
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: I have been warned

Post by Jeff&Peks »

As soon as I get the time to go through and delete all my post i'm out of here myself, Unless he moderators can delete them all for me and save me some time. They seem to be under the impression people are threatened when they are warned, Big frickin deal no loss, life goes on. If life revolved around this site there are 20 members that are fully capable of starting a new Chow site, Maybe a new site is needed anyway, A site that is actually for Chows and not for the owners and recues to make money and win friends.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

You mean somebody actually makes money with these dogs? How do they go about that? Which posts are you going to delete first? Can I come to your new Chow site, you know you would end up missing me? This site almost dies when we aren't around to argue, what on earth will they do without us? Would this be considered a political move?
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Gee they even have official warnings now, Ban or no Ban any 4 year old with out having to think could get on this site if he wanted. I have purposely gone out of my way avoiding post just not to cause trouble now its at the whim of Auddymays opinion and what she wants posted, Sorry but I can't keep up with her monthly cycle or know when she has an argument with her husband, I have no way of knowing what time of the month I can post or what topic is allowed and how its supposed to be worded.

Board warning issued
Sent at: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:25 pm
To: Jeff&Peks

The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
User has been warned to not make ethnic comments, via the PM system, with copies to the moderators. Should the behavior continue, it will result in suspended priveledges.

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

:laughloud: :-? :laughloud: :-$ :laughloud:
Sam

redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Just a note to Auddy if she is reading. No offense intended since I do like you, but....
Talking about life experiences, and what other people eat for food is not racist. Your finding it racist has more to do with you than with anyone on the board or the intent of the writers. In my family we eat goat and rabbits its not racist it is just funny facts. We are all different and there is nothing wrong with pointing that out. You should stop being so sensitive. My husband got a real kick out of the stories posted and so did my sis in law. They are 1/2 Filipino and raised there. I think you are being way overly sensitive and over sensitiveness is what leads to allot of problems in our society. Talking about other cultures and our own cultures is good for us. The more you are exposed the more you know. As a woman of Mexican decent I love tacos. So if people start talking about the goat taco they accidently ordered will they be racist too? Really Auddy I like you, but you need to stop.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

The response I gave was at the behest of people from the site who are very knowledgeable, as it is their culture. It is not my sensitivity that is the issue. As far as prejudices goes, I refer to past posts where there have been comments made that bordered on racist, with intent involved. if that was unclear, my bad. You can turn it on me and say it is a reflection of my own feelings, but that would be inaccurate. I have clear understanding of what I am reading. You may be able to let some things slide, and think I am being thin skinned, but it was not that long ago you were offended by Jeff's cultural comments.

There are many kinds of people on this site. We are all accountable for what we write to this site, and if you were the one being insulted, you would want it stopped. If that ruins the fun banter and the not so fun banter, that will be the way the site moves. We are done losing members because of disrespectful comments. Anyone wanting to jump ship and start their own chowmune, ttfn. I will let you know now, if you plan on going to BTT, the tolerance for intolerance is much lower than here. You will not be welcomed there if you are not polite.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

People that walk around trying to prove to the world how non-racist they are usually turn out to be the biggest racist clowns around. I showed that post to two Filipino friends one being the guy I was talking about in the story, they both agreed, someone needs to get a life. If I am racist towards anyone its my own race you white folk embarrass me. Ask Chris who my closest friends are you sure the hell won't be hearing white in the mixture. Face it every race has stupid people its just a shame the white race has more of them.

ImageImage
chris

Post by chris »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Ask Chris who my closest friends are you sure the hell won't be hearing white in the mixture.
True.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I don't care if you use lines like, "I have friends who are black." It's the most common response of a bigot, and often used in stand up comedy. And as to your friend's cultural background and purported 'okay' of the story, nobody cares, they are not members here, it does not negate the fact that you did insult members. Quit trying to make a point that you did not!

How can Chris say who your friends are, she has never met them. She could not even identify YOU in a line-up...and BTW, Chris is most DEFINITELY a white woman. Likely northern european descent. The point is not if you burn crosses, or save the world on a daily basis. If you insult people on the site, it will be addressed. If you choose to continue to be disruptive, it will result in further disciplinary actions.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Auddymay wrote:I don't care if you use the line, "I have friends who are black." It's the most common response of a bigot, and often used in stand up comedy. And as to your friend's cultural background and purported 'okay' of the story, nobody cares, they are not members here, it does not negate the fact that you did insult members. Quit trying to make a point that you did not!

How can Chris say who your friends are, besides her, she has never met them. She could not even identify YOU in a line-up...and BTW, Chris is most DEFINITELY a white woman. Likely northern european descent. The point is not if you burn crosses, or save the world on a daily basis. If you insult people on the site, it will be addressed. If you choose to continue to be disruptive, it will result in further disciplinary actions.
I vote that we give him a spanking and make him stand in the corner for the rest of the day. O:)
Sam

Chingshouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chingshouse »

SO, in the past couple weeks I have been checking out new website addresses.....I think the time has come!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone interested or should I just move on and send the info to you??

Barb :)
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

What kind of site? Can you speak your mind, or do you have to be politically correct? 8)
Sam

nuke

Post by nuke »

Jeff, come over to my site. I started a forum after another forum I was on began being heavily moderated. Moderation always pisses people off and drives people away. Moderation is always going to be subjective, and thus unfair and unevenly applied because it's always a judgment call based on whatever the moderator feels at the time.

At my place I don't moderate, the community does by their acceptance, or not, of any other members posts. The community self polices itself and people are just themselves, like going to a bar and hanging out.

Mark my words, heavy moderation kills a forum. Adults who get offended at something someone types on the internet are the real problem.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Auddymay wrote:I don't care if you use the line, "I have friends who are black." It's the most common response of a bigot, and often used in stand up comedy. And as to your friend's cultural background and purported 'okay' of the story, nobody cares, they are not members here, it does not negate the fact that you did insult members. Quit trying to make a point that you did not!

How can Chris say who your friends are, besides her, she has never met them. She could not even identify YOU in a line-up...and BTW, Chris is most DEFINITELY a white woman. Likely northern european descent. The point is not if you burn crosses, or save the world on a daily basis. If you insult people on the site, it will be addressed. If you choose to continue to be disruptive, it will result in further disciplinary actions.
Who said anything about Black or even mentioned the word Black and by the way Black is politicly incorrect, Look out the window sometime the world isn't just made up of black and white people running around, you just offended the race and you offended me by your hypocritical BS, you should be band from the site. I doubt very much anyone wrote you complaining and if they did I doubt it was a Filipino most likely it was one of your butt in to every ones business gooniies. Plus you have no idea what the hell Chris knows about me nor if she knows who my friends are so again butt out. You came into everyone of those threads red dragon had going trying to start your crap, you were the one that started the pet to the dinner table comments, rabbit, chicken, goat, Cows, you offended the hell out of half the population in the world.There are alot of non-meat eaters in the world and its not all PETA and Vegans, your offending some people's religion.

Is it supposed to be some deep dark secret that Filipino's/Asians eat dog, thats their culture Bimbo the whole world knows it, China is the largest Dog meat exporter in the world and the Philippines are one of the biggest buyers, Big frickin deal. Before you start on your crap by me saying Asians my Grandson (Conner) is half Taiwanese, an Orange chicken rice eater all the way so don't waste your time....

By the way Conner doesn't eat dog nor does his dad nor his Asian grandparents. And my Mexican wife doesn't eat Chihuahua in her taco's and my Iranian business partners don't really ride camels and shoot Christians and my Jewish friends don't really try to steal peoples money.

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

:lol:
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

They should lock this thread, its moderator gone willd.

ImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

nuke wrote:Jeff, come over to my site. I started a forum after another forum I was on began being heavily moderated. Moderation always pisses people off and drives people away. Moderation is always going to be subjective, and thus unfair and unevenly applied because it's always a judgment call based on whatever the moderator feels at the time.

At my place I don't moderate, the community does by their acceptance, or not, of any other members posts. The community self polices itself and people are just themselves, like going to a bar and hanging out.

Mark my words, heavy moderation kills a forum. Adults who get offended at something someone types on the internet are the real problem.

You might get more visiters to your site if you took the *Censored Word* woman off the opening page.

ImageImage
nuke

Post by nuke »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
nuke wrote:Jeff, come over to my site. I started a forum after another forum I was on began being heavily moderated. Moderation always pisses people off and drives people away. Moderation is always going to be subjective, and thus unfair and unevenly applied because it's always a judgment call based on whatever the moderator feels at the time.

You might get more visiters to your site if you took the *Censored Word* woman off the opening page.
She's not *Censored Word*, and I have plenty of visitors. It's a pretty active forum.
nuke

Post by nuke »

Jeff&Peks wrote:

She's not *Censored Word*, and I have plenty of visitors. It's a pretty active forum.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Frankly, I didn't appreciate making it sound like Hawaiian Filipino's eat dogs. My parent's are Hawaiian Filipinos and I have decades of relatives there...dog is not in the menu. Anyone that truly knows the culture, knows that they like a good laugh and will tell a Haole a riduclous story such as having puppy for dinner.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Since you want to push it and continue to show how ignorant you are. Learn what you are talking about before you speak. I lived on Maui for Ten years, Dog meat in Hawaii and the US is considered a delegacy with the Filipino's. Would you like actual cases, pictures of dogs being slaughtered and the dog meat trade in the Philippines I can provide them if you like I lived on Maui for ten years and was personal friends with the family. The guy works for me here So give us all a break and go back to the kitchen. At least now we know who it was that complained, gee a message from all one of you. You and Auddymay have turned nothing in to your cultural BS, don't open your mouth unless you can back it up.

The Dog Meat Trade in the Philippines

Commercial dog meat consumption in the Philippines has been banned since 1998. Weak penalties and a lack of enforcement permitted this illegal industry to flourish—currently up to 500,000 dogs a year fall victim to this trade.

Honolulu Star

Honolulu police and the Hawaiian Humane Society say someone might be stealing and slaughtering dogs for their meat.

The humane society has received three complaints in Kalihi, Waianae and downtown Honolulu involving the sale of dog meat out of the back of a white van and the inhumane killing of stolen dogs whose meat was eaten, according to police.

Humane Society spokeswoman Jacque Smith said the agency received complaints during the last 12 months, but nothing substantial enough to build an investigation. The humane society teamed up with CrimeStoppers to get some results. A CrimeStoppers bulletin said yesterday that there is insufficient evidence to start an investigation, but police and the humane society are asking for the public's help in compiling information.

"For years we've been hearing rumors about people stealing dogs, selling dogs, eating dogs," Smith said.

Backyard slaughter of one's own animal for meat is legal if done humanely, meaning killing in the fastest possible way, Smith said. There is no law prohibiting people from killing their own dogs, she said.
Eating dog meat is also legal, she said.

Here in Hawaii, it is currently legal to kill dogs, slaughter them, and eat them, as long as the dogs are killed in a "humane manner". Working on a tip from a community member, I uncovered the facts and documented the dog meat trade on Oahu. (see link to Dog Purchase at left). Using audio and video taping, I gathered substantial evidence documenting how dogs are purchased for slaughter and the conditions where they are held prior to killing, how the dogs are slaughtered ("processed"), who the meat is sold to, and how much it costs.

For example, posing as a potential buyer I found that:

1. If multiple dogs are purchased, a price discount is offered. If only one dog is purchased, the charge is $150. If four dogs are purchased, the price can be reduced to $100 per dog.

2. The charge for slaughtering can run about $35 per dog.

3. Persons involved in the dog meat trade purchase dogs from anyone,

including drug addicts.

4. Some of these dogs were family pets, and have been stolen from their family home.

5. Dogs are kept in unclean pens and are subjected to cruelty prior to slaughter.

According to the Hawaiian Humane Society, people can kill dogs ("backyard slaughters") as long as it is for personal consumption, that is, eating the meat with your family. It is not against the law, as long as the dog's death is "quick and painless".

My question to you is: Do you believe it is right to kill and eat dogs?

I believe it is wrong. Morally and ethically wrong. If you agree, will you join us in our effort to pass legislation making it illegal to kill and eat companion animals in the State of Hawaii?

The dog on our front page, and shown in the below photo, is named Koko. In Hawaiian, Koko means "blood". This beautiful, intelligent, and affectionate animal would have been someone's dinner by now, had I not rescued him.

ImageImage