Alabama rampage killer, shot dogs...

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Alabama rampage killer, shot dogs...

Post by bama »

Some of you may have seen the news yesterday, a LA (Lower Alabama) man going on a killing spree.
This wacko shot several people, killing 11 of them. What you may not have heard is he shot several dogs, as well.
Then, the guy (McClendan) eventually killed himself, as police closed in on him.
Not alot is known, at this point, but the wacko had a hit list; "people who done me wrong".
I wonder how the two babies and the dogs "done him wrong"?
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Alabama rampage killer, shot dogs...

Post by Red Dragon »

bama wrote:Some of you may have seen the news yesterday, a LA (Lower Alabama) man going on a killing spree.
This wacko shot several people, killing 11 of them. What you may not have heard is he shot several dogs, as well.
Then, the guy (McClendan) eventually killed himself, as police closed in on him.
Not alot is known, at this point, but the wacko had a hit list; "people who done me wrong".
I wonder how the two babies and the dogs "done him wrong"?
Oh lord, don't get Jeff started on another dog shooting incident, he is still busy with the Huskies that were after the cattle. :roll: The perp is dead, this can go nowhere.

By the way, there were four dogs, he executed them, executed his mother, then piled the dogs on top of her on the couch, then set them all on fire. You can see the post in the community section, I called this one before the media was told anything. He wasn't done yet either, I'll bet the others that did him wrong are still sweating bullets.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

"after the cattle"

That is hilarious......did you even watch the video? They weren't hurting anything. That man deserves jail time and to never own a gun again.

As far as the alabama killer, I like you make it seem like he did less of a crime by using the word 'executed' - he murdered them. And with the other crimes he committed (murder and arson) he more then deserved his fate. Yet another 'good person' who never should have had a gun.......

But please, do tell me again why these great people deserve to keep guns? I forget every day I watch the news. Or perhaps you can tell the policeman whose wife and young daughter was killed? I bet they would love to hear your reasons why non officials deserve guns......
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

PurpleKisses wrote:"after the cattle"

That is hilarious......did you even watch the video? They weren't hurting anything. That man deserves jail time and to never own a gun again.

As far as the alabama killer, I like you make it seem like he did less of a crime by using the word 'executed' - he murdered them. And with the other crimes he committed (murder and arson) he more then deserved his fate. Yet another 'good person' who never should have had a gun.......

But please, do tell me again why these great people deserve to keep guns? I forget every day I watch the news. Or perhaps you can tell the policeman whose wife and young daughter was killed? I bet they would love to hear your reasons why non officials deserve guns......
I deserve a gun so that I can protect myself against people like that. It is also my constitutional right to own a gun. If you choose not to own a gun, that is your choice, but you leave yourself defenseless against a situation like that. The police are only there to do the paperwork after the crime has been committed, people die every day and the police are never anywhere to be found. If you rely on the police to protect you against a situation like that, you will end up dead more than likely, just look at how many that person killed and how far he traveled before a cop caught up with him. You have to protect yourself and your family.
Sam

PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

The people running on the street that were shot in the back may have owned a gun.......did them alot of good. I don't own a gun, and will never allow one in my home. I will NOT be one of those calls to the police where a kid/toddler got shot because they found a gun and had an accident...... and I will never be a parent whose kid stole their gun, took it to school and murdered their classmates. Alot of those parents had guns for protection.... taught their kids how to use them, taught them about safety, etc.......

It is too bad that where you live your police are not involved in their community. Ours is. We have VERY little crime here, no gangs. The worst crime we get is someone stealing gum from the grocery store.... and we have some pot smokers but most are just annoying, not alot of trouble. The police stay on top of it here and have ZERO tolerance.... the school and teachers keep every parent very involved. We DO rely on our police to protect us - that is their job and what they get paid for.

I am not against gun ownership. HOWEVER, I do believe that people should have to take a in-depth training course before getting a gun, and I believe that every gun sold should be kept track of. All 'black market' guns should be destroyed. It should be ALOT harder to get a gun, and there should be MAJOR penalties for anyone found with a black market gun, or a person that commits any crime with a gun, and they should never be allowed to own a gun again. I also believe that any person that has any record at all, should NOT be allowed to own a gun. I also believe that any parent that leaves access to a gun for a child should lose all rights to guns.

Constitutional right or not - NOT EVERYONE deserves a gun......
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Red Dragon wrote: I deserve a gun so that I can protect myself against people like that. It is also my constitutional right to own a gun.
have to protect yourself and your family.
Have you ever once in your life ever said anything with any thought to it, You have to remember you are talking to humans now not a heard of Cows. Its not that Cows are stuped they are just smart enough to ignore you.

Unless you carry a gun in your hand 24 hours aday owning a gun does nothing to protect you. in your home or on the street owning 20 guns and riles is worthless unless its in your hand at all times owning a gun wouldn't have done any of those people that were shot any good at all.... A gun in the hand of an idiot such as yourself is a danger to the public. I have had a gun permit most of my working life I have yet to ever own a gun, for one I see no reason for it and I don't care to waste my time going to the gun shop looking for one. Accoding to my friends they are amazed I have lived this long and havn't been shot long ago but I'm still alive. Both the Atlanta and the Precher shooter were members of a gun club.

I would like to see how much good your arsenal is during a Home invasion, Car jacking or some wacked out crackhead/medhead on the street, you would be just another dumb right to own a gun dead body.

Before they waste 10 years of study and worthless surveys they should know by now most of these shooters gone wild can be blamed on Meds (legal meds), especially the young ones that are shooting up the schools.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Jeff having a gun in the car while traveling has saved the lives of two of my friends. My mother was lucky to have a gun in her house to keep her from being beaten to death. Guns are not always going to help, but sometimes they do. Not all people should have guns.

What does taking guns away from common people do? Puts guns into the hands of only officals and crimminals. When guns were taken away from everyone in australia the crime rate spiked up. Crimminals knew that honest citizens had no guns so they became more bold. Robberies went up 45%!! I perfer the idea that someone has to guess if I have a gun or not. And I like to hunt. If I want to go hunting I should be able to do that.

"Countrywide, homicides are up 3.2 percent;

Assaults are up 8.6 percent;

Amazingly, armed robberies have climbed nearly 45 percent;

In the Australian state of Victoria, gun homicides have climbed 300 percent;

In the 25 years before the gun bans, crime in Australia had been dropping steadily;

There has been a reported "dramatic increase" in home burglaries and assaults on the elderly."
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

redangie24 wrote: And I like to hunt. If I want to go hunting I should be able to do that.
Hunting, the human way of saying I'm superior, give the animal a gun or hunt with a knife and see if your love of hunting last. You should be sentenced to four consecutive life sentences locked in a room with Red Dragon for that comment.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Oh, I am sorry Jeff did not know you were a vegetarian. And yes I am superior to animals.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

redangie24 wrote: yes I am superior to animals.
With a gun in your hand yep you are superior leave the gun at home and lets see how far superior gets you. Since you brought up Australia yep those aussies are sure showing the sharks who is superior. This has been a great week for the sharks and aussies to discuss who is superior, The monkey that ripped up the old lady got her superior tossed in her face so basically you are one weapon away from being animal poop.

ImageImage
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Don't you eat meat. If you equal to the chow your a moster for eating your tacos.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

PurpleKisses wrote:The people running on the street that were shot in the back may have owned a gun.......did them alot of good. I don't own a gun, and will never allow one in my home. I will NOT be one of those calls to the police where a kid/toddler got shot because they found a gun and had an accident...... and I will never be a parent whose kid stole their gun, took it to school and murdered their classmates. Alot of those parents had guns for protection.... taught their kids how to use them, taught them about safety, etc.......

It is too bad that where you live your police are not involved in their community. Ours is. We have VERY little crime here, no gangs. The worst crime we get is someone stealing gum from the grocery store.... and we have some pot smokers but most are just annoying, not alot of trouble. The police stay on top of it here and have ZERO tolerance.... the school and teachers keep every parent very involved. We DO rely on our police to protect us - that is their job and what they get paid for.

I am not against gun ownership. HOWEVER, I do believe that people should have to take a in-depth training course before getting a gun, and I believe that every gun sold should be kept track of. All 'black market' guns should be destroyed. It should be ALOT harder to get a gun, and there should be MAJOR penalties for anyone found with a black market gun, or a person that commits any crime with a gun, and they should never be allowed to own a gun again. I also believe that any person that has any record at all, should NOT be allowed to own a gun. I also believe that any parent that leaves access to a gun for a child should lose all rights to guns.

Constitutional right or not - NOT EVERYONE deserves a gun......
Yea, they can take training courses from that idiot that shot himself in the foot while doing a training class, or the other idiot that shot and killed a cadet while training them. No thanks, I know how to use a gun just fine, and have never shot myself of anyone else.

Just how do they go about collecting all those "Black Market Guns"? They can't even keep up with all the criminals that have them, much less collect all the guns. They would just ship more illegal guns across the border if they went house to house and collected them, our border security is a complete joke! #-o
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
Red Dragon wrote: I deserve a gun so that I can protect myself against people like that. It is also my constitutional right to own a gun.
have to protect yourself and your family.
Have you ever once in your life ever said anything with any thought to it, You have to remember you are talking to humans now not a heard of Cows. Its not that Cows are stuped they are just smart enough to ignore you.

Unless you carry a gun in your hand 24 hours aday owning a gun does nothing to protect you. in your home or on the street owning 20 guns and riles is worthless unless its in your hand at all times owning a gun wouldn't have done any of those people that were shot any good at all.... A gun in the hand of an idiot such as yourself is a danger to the public. I have had a gun permit most of my working life I have yet to ever own a gun, for one I see no reason for it and I don't care to waste my time going to the gun shop looking for one. Accoding to my friends they are amazed I have lived this long and havn't been shot long ago but I'm still alive. Both the Atlanta and the Precher shooter were members of a gun club.

I would like to see how much good your arsenal is during a Home invasion, Car jacking or some wacked out crackhead/medhead on the street, you would be just another dumb right to own a gun dead body.

Before they waste 10 years of study and worthless surveys they should know by now most of these shooters gone wild can be blamed on Meds (legal meds), especially the young ones that are shooting up the schools.
I have several guns that would stop any druggie dead in their tracks with one shot. I also have a house full of Chows that give plenty of warning, I am not the least bit concerned about someone breaking into my home, it would be their last mistake!

I also know plenty of people with carry permits and they have a gun on them at all times or one within reach if they need it. Better safe than sorry.
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

redangie24 wrote:Jeff having a gun in the car while traveling has saved the lives of two of my friends. My mother was lucky to have a gun in her house to keep her from being beaten to death. Guns are not always going to help, but sometimes they do. Not all people should have guns.

What does taking guns away from common people do? Puts guns into the hands of only officals and crimminals. When guns were taken away from everyone in australia the crime rate spiked up. Crimminals knew that honest citizens had no guns so they became more bold. Robberies went up 45%!! I perfer the idea that someone has to guess if I have a gun or not. And I like to hunt. If I want to go hunting I should be able to do that.

"Countrywide, homicides are up 3.2 percent;

Assaults are up 8.6 percent;

Amazingly, armed robberies have climbed nearly 45 percent;

In the Australian state of Victoria, gun homicides have climbed 300 percent;

In the 25 years before the gun bans, crime in Australia had been dropping steadily;

There has been a reported "dramatic increase" in home burglaries and assaults on the elderly."
Guns have saved many peoples lives, just one instance was some whacko that carjacked a lady and killed her, a guy saw what happened and followed him, when he crashed the car and tried to jack another one, the guy shot him, that ended the crime spree and more deaths. Stuff like that happens all the time. Where were the police? Nowhere to be found!
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

redangie24 wrote:Oh, I am sorry Jeff did not know you were a vegetarian. And yes I am superior to animals.
Oh lookie, Jeff found someone else to pick on. :lol: Jeff is a hypocrite, he has said many times he eats quarter pounders. It's OK to shoot a cow in the head at the slaughter plant that has no chance of escape, all so he can have his quarter pounder. It's not OK for someone to track and kill something in the wild that has the chance to escape though. :roll:
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Have you ever seen a post of mine saying I don't eat meat plus I have said many times PETA and other animal rights groups won't let me join because I do eat meat, eating meat has nothing to do with chasing down a caged animal and shooting it for sport or trying to show the world how superior you are over animals, in your case it would be a male gender dysfunction. I'm not picking on her she knows how I feel about hunting and torturing animals. Must be a real thrill to stand in one spot and shoot an animal that is running from you just to have your picture taken with it. Try to learn what big words mean before you use them other wise you are just confirming what an idiot you are.

Lets see, you have a Constant fear of being attacked, your obbsessed with guns, You have no regard for animal life and you hide in your home thinking the world is falling apart around you, I believe you are suffering from a fixed fantasy problem,

A fixed fantasy — also known as a "dysfunctional schema" — is a belief or system of beliefs held by a single individual to be genuine, but that cannot be verified in reality. The term is typically applied to individuals suffering from some type of psychiatric dysregulation, most often a personality disorder.

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Have you ever seen a post of mine saying I don't eat meat plus I have said many times PETA and other animal rights groups won't let me join because I do eat meat, eating meat has nothing to do with chasing down a caged animal and shooting it for sport or trying to show the world how superior you are over animals, in your case it would be a male gender dysfunction. I'm not picking on her she knows how I feel about hunting and torturing animals. Must be a real thrill to stand in one spot and shoot an animal that is running from you just to have your picture taken with it. Try to learn what big words mean before you use them other wise you are just confirming what an idiot you are.

Lets see, you have a Constant fear of being attacked, your obbsessed with guns, You have no regard for animal life and you hide in your home thinking the world is falling apart around you, I believe you are suffering from a fixed fantasy problem,

A fixed fantasy — also known as a "dysfunctional schema" — is a belief or system of beliefs held by a single individual to be genuine, but that cannot be verified in reality. The term is typically applied to individuals suffering from some type of psychiatric dysregulation, most often a personality disorder.
Don't forget I'm a middle aged white male. :lol: I guess I fit the profile of a serial killer. :roll:

What caged animal? I have never seen anyone hunt caged animals, did I miss something, is this a new sport? I eat whatever I kill, and I have never taken a picture of it, guess I must be Abby Normal. :lol: No wait, I must confess, I have taken pictures of some big fish, right before I cleaned them and ate them, does that count? 8)
Sam

redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

C'mon jeff you got to know me better than that! I would never have my picture taken with my food. That is just wierd!! Not even a fish. Of course you don't shoot fish so does that count? So it is ok to kill animals that have been caged thier whole lives, but not ones that were not? You should know I don't hunt just for sport I eat what I take and never over kill. I think what I do is more humane that what happens to livestock most of the time. But I know we are never going to agree on this point. But if you ever change your mind I make great deer steaks.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Except for those stupid hunting farms, the animals have good survival odds against the average hunter. I am not going to argue the merits of DNR's animal management. If hunter's didn't take out a percentage of the deer in Michigan, the starvation levels in winter would be much higher. Also, the hunting and fishing lisences, along with camping permits, are needed to maintain our parks system. Not keep tacko bell in bizniz. And let's not forget, a deer in the freezer keeps my ol' man feed all year around. Are you saying the deer have more rights to not be eaten than the cow because of that propaganda film, Bambi??? Maybe the California Cows need to make a feature film...

Crap! Wait. By Red's (Dragon) rigid definition, I should be anti-gun ownership....now I'm conflicted... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Auddymay wrote:Except for those stupid hunting farms, the animals have good survival odds against the average hunter. I am not going to argue the merits of DNR's animal management. If hunter's didn't take out a percentage of the deer in Michigan, the starvation levels in winter would be much higher. Also, the hunting and fishing lisences, along with camping permits, are needed to maintain our parks system. Not keep tacko bell in bizniz. And let's not forget, a deer in the freezer keeps my ol' man feed all year around. Are you saying the deer have more rights to not be eaten than the cow because of that propaganda film, Bambi??? Maybe the California Cows need to make a feature film...

Crap! Wait. By Red's (Dragon) rigid definition, I should be anti-gun ownership....now I'm conflicted... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think you are just one of those confused people sitting on the fence, you could fall off either side depending on which way the hot air is blowing. :lol:
Sam

bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

RIGHT TO BARE ARMS! :laughloud: :laughloud: :laughloud:

Here's the deal...with owning a gun, comes responsibilty. There are a huge number of people who own guns, myself included.
Actually, as deemed necessary by my father, I became an excellent marksmen at a very young age. Gun ownership is plagued with the same problems as with anything else...stupid people
have access to them. You can make a law, or in this case, change the constitution to ban guns, based on the acts of a few stupid people.
That would be as stupid as sterilizing all humans, because there are so many stupid parents in the world that shouldn't have children.
The ratio of good parents versus bad parents is still extremely low, so do we then deny the rights of all to bare children? NO.
The ratio of gun ownership, compared to the crimes committed with them is still extremely low.
To revoke our second amendment rights, would only serve to put all the guns in the hands of the dishonest and stupid people....the very
ones good people need to protect themselves from.
Fortunately, I'm sure most of you have lived all your lives without the need for a gun. However, as for myself, having a gun has saved
the lives of my family and myself. I will never be without guns.
I have two stories: 1) When I was only 8 yrs old, a man broke into our house, my 16 yr old' brother came up behind him and poked a gun in
his back, as the guy was threatening my family. My brother held him, til the Sheriff arrived.
2) When I was 11 years old, a man broke into our home. I heard a scream from the kitchen, it was my mom screaming in terror.
I heard her trying to bargain with the intruder. I was able to sneak past the intruder and get a rifle. As I was running toward the man, I cocked the rifle. When the man heard the rifle being cocked, he turned and ran out the door.
I ran after him, as I paused to take aim, my mother began shouting, "don't shoot, don't shoot". The man ran to his vehicle and we were able to call the Sheriff with a description and he was apprehended. So, you see, guns can also spare lives. However, those are not stats you will ever hear about.
I know you are all thinking, did Bama live in a bad neighborhood? The answer is a surprising, "NO", ...I lived on a 1,000 acre farm, in the extreme rural area of the Arkansas Ozarks.

Also, I saw a special on TV, where inmates were being interviewed as to how their victims were chosen. Very interesting!
Anyway, the home burglars stayed away from houses with dogs INSIDE. Outside dogs were no problem, because people ignore their barking.
Also, they stayed away from homes, they knew would have guns. Unless, of course guns were their target. The main point is, they chose their victims by the level of surprise they were able to achieve. With dogs inside, the element of surprise is lost, giving the homeowner time to
lock and load!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!