Maxine's voyage home

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Maxine's voyage home

Post by bama »

OMG! I can't stand it!!! I'm breaking doctor's orders (stay horizontal, don't sit up) because I am so excited about David's new little valentine!!!
The slide show is fabulous, I'm in tears! I loved the heart theme, how perfect!!! =D= =D= =D=
Hugs, kisses, and much admiration to all of you who helped with Maxine! You are truly special people!
I'll be tuning in throughout the voyage, but even tho I don't post, (gotta sit up for that :( ) please know that I'm watching and celebrating with all of you!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I just got home from work and couldn't wait to see how baby Maxine is doing.
David,I'm so excited for you :D
p.s. we'll need pictures by Sunday in the AM
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
tabitha
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tabitha »

Here's a cell phone picture taken inside Julie's car.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Oh...she's such a beauty!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Oh, it's been a long time since I could stay tuned to one of these trips. It's so cool that she's traveling today. Good luck with Maxine David and keep us all posted.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
chris

Post by chris »

just got home and I'm uploading pics of David and Maxine! :-) 1 minute please.... \:D/
chris

Post by chris »

just out of the car...

gotta pee gotta pee GOTTA PEEEEEEE....

me n David n Maxine

David and Maxine
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Great pictures! Maxine is already getting her new dad to rub her tummy! This is one very happy story. Thanks, Chris! :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
chris

Post by chris »

David should also be home by now. It was a 2 hour drive for both of us but I suspect he is busy with his new little lady in the house! :-)
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Awwwwwww!!! =D= =D= Thanks for the pics Chris!!! Nice to see you n David and Maxine!!!! Shes already givin' David the belly.....Awwwwwww Love @ First Sight =D= =D= Hope you all had a nice trip and I think you all are angels....Happy Valentines Day!!! =D= =D=

Thanks Sweetpea!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

we are home and princess Maxine or Maxini is doing well. She sat on my lap most of the way. She slept moost of the way, we stopped twice for some exercise and when we got home we introduced her to Mikimoto, Maya and Aldo they get along pretty well . My dogs were a bit nervous but now they are all outside playing. She is ignorning Maya which is good. Tomorrow we will introduce her to Yoshi. She has had a long day, I will feed her in about a half an hour. I have a few pictures but I am not going to post them untill tomorrow, Miss Maxini needs our attention now.

thank you everyoone for all the transport and support.

David
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Awwww thanks Chris...those are great pics!!! David, we'll expect a full report in the morning! Great job everyone!!! =D= =D= =D=
Charlotte Paige
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Charlotte Paige »

It was an absolute pleasure driving Miss Maxini.
She was a perfect little girl.
I have a little video of Steel, Cheif & Roxie running around in Chris yard. I will have to upload it later.
My Sweet Charlotte
May 28, 1994 - July 14, 2006
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm glad you're home and Maxine is getting along well. Hope you have a great night! Thanks so much to Larry and Terrina and all those who helped with the transport! It's been so wonderful to be able to follow the progress all day!
CoraP.Image
Jules Jusserand
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Miss Maxini is just gorgeous and she looks like she is a real sweetheart...rolling over for her new Dadddy David and letting him rub her belly...I am so hooked on girlie chows since Cheyenne.

I know that Yoshi and Maxine will do great together just like my 2. Takes a little while but they will be best buds.

What a lovely uplifting story this has been. You guys have been really phenomonal with the transport...all of you are awesome! This was just meant to be when Larry and Terrina found her.

And of course Maxwell will watch over her always.

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Thank you everyone,
Maxine is inside , the dogs are nervously sniffing buts Maxine is taking it like a princess. Aldo wants to play in the worst way but doesn't know how. Maxine ate just a little bid, I will give her more later. She isn't Maxwell but she is wonderful. So far she has been called Princess Maxine, Maxini and ms Maxine.

david
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

She has one more name and you will come to love... "Maxine Behave" they are tired and can't play any more \:D/

Thank you everyone, donantions, tansportation and love from everyone on this wouderful list. I am sure as David and Maxine get to know each other we will see lots of pictures tommorow =D=

Any bets she is on the bed tonight?

Larry
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

David,
she will never be Maxwell but she will be your PRINCESS MAXINE and steal you heart in no time

When my 1st rescue chow mix, MoMo died 13 years ago I was so devastated but after 2weeks I had to get another one..so off to the pound I went and came home with "baby" JR.
I believe with all my heart that MoMo transferred part of his spirit to JR and left the other part for JR to make into his own. In fact the day I brought JR home he went straight to the back yard and sat by Mo's grave. MoMo still lives in my heart right next to JR and Cheyenne and there is plenty of room for them all.

And Larry, I am betting 100 % with you that she will sleep with Dad tonight. She certainly seems to be a little love and I am sure you will miss her.

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

lol she is on the couch sleeping next to me. she has played with the boys, dogs and is just plain tuckered out. She is really a sweet sweet girl
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Love, love love. Ain't it great??!
CoraP.Image
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Good Morning,

Ms Maxine slept very well after having a few bedtime snacks. She is a good sleeper, not a snuggler yet but slept in bed. We had a few minutes of tummy scratching and talking, I got another kiss. She was quite angry this morning as there were a few of those big dogs with sticks on their heads beyond the fence. She told them where to go.. She is getting along well the the other dogs, most of the nervousness is going away. In a few minutes she will go for walkies, ( very late for Yoshi) and meet Yoshi. I am hoping things will go well. I am not sure I can ever trust Yoshi alone with anyone but hopefully he will find Maxine as charming as the rest of us do. more later
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Wonderful! :lol: =D=
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
nean007
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nean007 »

Woo Hoo!!! I love this story. \:D/
Hugs from Dargo and Denny!
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

Oh, this so fabulous! She is looks like the sweetest little girl. Hopefully, the meet and greet with Yoshi went well. I bet she just loved walkies this morning.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Here are the pictures I promised. It was a long day for Miss Maxine. She acted like a little trooper. We got home around 6:00pm and was in bed by 10:00pm . everyone is still be social to her and vis a versa.

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z49/ ... inevoyage/

click on the link to see the pictures, I think there are about 22.

She is so small, smaller than Mikimoto. I was really surprised, they said small but I didn't imagine this small. She is so skinny I can feel her ribs, She looks very healthy, no doubt to Terrina and Larrys loving care. I am going to put her on the Bama diet for a while to fatten her up like I did for the Yoshi-monster.

David