how do i offer my help

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

how do i offer my help

Post by kez65 »

a close friend(a quilting class mate) lost her son last night in queensland.he was on leave for the week end from the army and was having some time off with his buddys,he hit a tree on his motorbike....he was 19...and her youngest son....at times like this i shut down...i feel no matter what i say i feel would be inappropriate, how do i tell her that im so sorry and i have no idea what else to say..im sending her flowers when she gets back from picking adam up( from brisbane to bring home) and the funeral will be thursday we think....this is way off topic i know ....but any advice would be good...i feel useless....
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: how do i offer my help

Post by Dogdad »

The important thing is you made an effort to comfort the friend. Now she is getting alot of support, in a few weeks most of it will be gone. Try to call her once a week just to check up on her and listen if she wants to talk. That will really comfort her

David
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sometimes it's not what you say, but that you're there to listen.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

How sad. :( Tragedy seems to strike in everyone's life sooner or later. Unfortunately, we all have to learn to deal with it in our own way and our own time-frame. All you can do is offer help and comfort, and a shoulder to cry on. I hope she'll be o.k.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

i couldnt even imagine what losing a child would be like hopefully i never will...her life will be so different now...her boys are her life....im sendin flowers tonight...and tomorrow im going to see her with another friend...im not looking forward to seeing her in these circumstances,usually we are stirring each other and having a good time...different situation now.....but your right....showing her support and listening is the way to go....tears all round....
well thats all now...im not going to depress the forum any more...i need to be strong.....
thanks for the support..