daisys results

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: daisys results

Post by kez65 »

hi, sad news, Daisy didnt make it. she went to sleep at 10.10 am our time this morning. paul called us to come down and told us she deteriorated alot during the night and when we got there this moring she was struggling to breath but was in a deep sleep. Then she passed away. what a waste.....poor baby..the temp was an infection and she was so fragile she couldnt fight it..
thank you everyone for your support ...its over now...i guess shes at peace now, but i really wanted her to get to enjoy a real life.Denise is upset but feels shes in a better place...the kids are devastated.....anyway will chat later
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

sorry i had to leave suddenly its emotional here at the moment.
Kates been over to the owners and caused a ruckus there and it got heated. kate wants revenge and shes upset.we all are...so ill post later...thanks everyone..from all of us especially daisy and bear
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

At least she spent her last days with people that cared about her and not chained to a tree or lost on the streets with no one.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

[-o| [-o| Run free, sweet Daisy...
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

poor Daisy, may your soul fly free and be pain free

David
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Oh Daisy...I am so sorry that humans can be so inhumane. Too many tears to write.
Mia
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

So sad. :cry: Run free Daisy. Run Free.
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

I can't believe it, I have been following this from the beginning and had really hoped she'd make it. At least she was able to feel some love before she passed.
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm so sorry. Daisy must have felt love and caring...maybe for the first time.That was the best send-off she could hope for. I wish she could have stayed longer, though.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

:cry: Poor Daisy :cry:
ImageImageImage
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

I've been following this post and was so hopeful for Daisy. Our Tempest had pyo several years ago and the vets had basically given up hope, but she pulled through. As others have pointed out, it's often too much even for healthy chows...

I pray that Daisy felt loved and cared for at the end... :cry: :cry:
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

I'm so sorry to hear about Daisy. She's at peace now and left this world knowing there are caring people out there who are willing to go to great lengths to help others, regardless of their species.
nean007
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nean007 »

OMG, I am so heartbroken over this.At least she was surrounded by people who truly cared about her.
Hugs from Dargo and Denny!
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

thanks for all the kind words.
Daisy was a strong girl right till the end. Im so angry that it got to this point. I honestly believed she was going to get thru it.we even discussed visiting daisy with bear and having stay overs. Denise brought a huge bed thing for her but bear ended up with it. Daisy brought us and denise together we have made friends and i think she would love to have her own chow but for now shes aunty denise to bear.She didnt know the 2 dogs existed...never seen them being walked or even had any idea those idiots had dogs.
i wonder if we hadve got daisy the night we got bear if shed be still here...i keep thinking we shouldve went and tried harder.....nothing we can do now shes gone and i wonder if her owners even feel anything. kate was yelling at them and all they could say was she was viscous..had to be kept on a chain. Well that set kate off even more.... kate was asking why couldnt they have given daisy to us...we would have paid for her..they said their conscience wouldnt allow them too. daisy was not aggressive....well maybe she could have been we wont know for sure..but bear isnt..what was the excuse for bear then????
well its over now...and bear is the priority for us now, spoilt little fella he is....he has a royal life he thinks hes the king in our castle...
he was chasing the tennis ball..which was cute because the tennis ball was in bossys mouth at the time...hes actually moving better hes still stiff and i think it gives him stress but today you wouldnt think it ,he looked funny and when bossy stopped with the ball bear had no idea what to do...it was cute...\anyways thanks again
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

You'll never know if Daisy would have made it if she was taken out of there earlier. I know it's hard, but it's better not to try and second-guess what might have been. Whenever I hear a chow has pyometria, I get chills because it is SO serious and many (young, old, good condition or poor condition) just can't beat it. Who knows how long she was in that condition, with the infection getting worse and worse. We wish we could, but we can't save them all. Bear is the priority now, and it sounds like he is feeling LOTS better! Take care.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

thanks cora your posts always make me smile....
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

kez,

You did the best you could. I feel so bad for Daisy. Bless you for trying to save her. I know she had to feel your love and everyone's concern. She is running free with those who went befor her. She will be your's forever in your heart & will meet you at the rainbow bridge.
cleopatra20043
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cleopatra20043 »

Oh Kez I'm so sorry to hear the news about Daisy! My heart goes out to you and as the others have said at least she knew some love and caring before she crossed the bridge. Just remember that since you and your family were the ones to show her that love and caring she will be waiting for you and NOT the abusive a$$holes of so called owners she previously had. Thank you for having a heart and caring you did your best don't beat yourself up over the outcome.

Julia
Thank you Sweetpea!!

A wagging tail lifts you when life has let you down.
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

kez, I'm so sorry about Daisy :( you all did the best you could for her and at least she wasn't chained up in that yard when her time came.
I was shocked when I read she had passed.I really thought she would pull thru.
I am sending you my deepest sympathies and a big hug for all you have done.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

Ohhh, I am SO sorry to hear that Daisy didn't make it. I don't come to the forum often these days but had been following Daisy's story whenever I made it online. I wondered if she could fight off the pyometra - one of my chows ended up with that several years ago and she was a very sick girl (even though she was strong and healthy). She made it through but a dog that hasn't been taken care of would certainly have a difficult fight on their hands.

At least Daisy felt the kindness of people before she died .. she didn't die in that yard, tied to a chain. You did a wonderful thing, liberating those dogs, and I hope that justice comes to the previous owners in a harsh way.

I'm sure we're all hugging our chows just a bit tighter now.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Poor little Daisy...I don't come online here much lately....but I have been following this.
Thank you so much for showing this dear little girl love and caring for the few short days that she was with you.
Give Bear a hug from us
Sharon, Mr. JR and Princess Cheyenne

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Kez,

You are amazing and what you did for Bear and Daisy was wonderful.

Don't question yourself, you did wonderfully and cannot see into the future. You gave Daisy a loving send off and have saved Bear's life.

How wonderful is that! (Notice, that isn't a question - it's and exclamation!)
Mia
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

well daisys in a better place now i shudder to think if she was alive in that yard in this 44 degree heat....any dog outside in our heatwave would surely suffer...im glad we have bear inside on days like these......
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm glad, too. Bear is probably a LOT more comfortable out of the heat!
CoraP.Image
Jules Jusserand