Want to see your chow do something funny?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Want to see your chow do something funny?

Post by summer_rose03 »

Give them a piece of cherry Twizzlers! LOL. MY DF gave Carter a small piece and he chews it like gum. He apparently LOVES them because now he won't leave my fiance alone as long has he has them in his hands. He won't stop begging and saying please! He just climbed on top of me on the couch trying to get a piece. He's now sitting on my lap.

I checked the ingredients, as long as your dog doesn't have food allergies, they are fine. He's so picky, I didn't think he would like them. This does mean that he will probably like those Cherry Hip Bones (which by the way, are produced about 1.5 hrs from me).
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
Auddymay

Re: Want to see your chow do something funny?

Post by Auddymay »

Lily chews her food 50 times each bite, and Pip would taste nothing if I didn't hold the treat a bit longer after she gets ahold of it...Pip would be the same, Lily would likely chew and chew...spit it out, look at it, pick it up, and chew and chew some more.
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

my chow boy got dried yams wrapped with dried duck treats for christmas.. a ?new? dog treat i found at petsmart,, who would think a chow would eat yams... chew chew chew chew chew ,, he really likes them ..

i suppose that is what happens with twizzlers ... no doubt cheaper than yams wrapped in duck ...
cleopatra20043
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cleopatra20043 »

Cai Li does the same thing! I'm not much of a sweets person but I do like twizzlers and I gave Cai Li a small piece once and put the bag on the desk and went to the bathroom....BIG mistake!!! I came out of the bathroom to a half emply bag and Cai Li smacking her jowls, looking at me like "what did I do wrong?" Needless to say anytime I have twizzlers I keep them where she can not get to them anymore!

Julia
Thank you Sweetpea!!

A wagging tail lifts you when life has let you down.
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Twizzlers were my collie Tacia's favorite treat ever. My mom use to keep them in a glass cookie jar in our kitchen. Even if someone just barely bumped the jar so the lid clanged, Tacia could be in a dead sleep in the front of the house and she would get up to see if someone was getting Twizzlers out. She would hound anyone that had a Twizzler. You would have thought we were carrying prime rib.

A guy that works at the petstore Fiona and I frequent tried to give her a piece of dried papaya last night...supposed to be a slightly sweet, chewy treat. She wanted nothing to do with it, but I know she will eat sweet pototoes (although I've never tried the dried ones). Tess on the other hand wants something with meat. She's not that picky with treats, but they need to have a meat, or cheese flavor.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

Frisco used to like raw potatoes or sweet potatoes. I have yet to get Carter a raw tater, but I have bought him some dried yams and he wouldn't touch them.

Carter does like the banana chips wrapped in chicken. He took one and ate it and then looked back at me for more.
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!