The Daily Puppy, Lola, etc.

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

The Daily Puppy, Lola, etc.

Post by pfordeb »

I've been off for a little while-- parent/teacher conferences, sickness, and the new little puppy girl. So here's what's new:

First: Look who's the cover boy for today's Daily Puppy: http://www.dailypuppy.com/puppies/Alex- ... 2009-01-17

Second: The boys are being so great with the new "sissy." No real fights lately, but lots of playing. Gilbert lets her sit on him, but yesterday, she was laying on her back with him on top of her, so I'm thinking Lola has surrendered to him? If you saw the pictures I posted before of Charlie the Devil Dog -- that is what he's become with her. I think he is a little intimated by her, but he always has mommy to run to. Of course, I'd be intimidated if someone put my head in her mouth (one of Lola's favorite games with Charlie).

Third: We're still working on potty training with her. We just need to sequester her when we're not around and we've been bad about that. Just poop, but enough is enough.

Finally, she is so like Sullivan in the early years, it's spooky. She's taken over her sleeping spot (I posted a picture of that), in addition to the on the back twist position. She's adopted the spot where Sullivan had accidents before she died as her spot. I'm sure it's just smells in both cases, but she is also alot like her in personality. Obviously she doesn't look like her, but there is something about her eyes and the bump on her head. It's hard to believe, but Sullivan was also skinny, full of energy, and a chewer in her younger days. Lola is so puppyish, I sometimes think she's a lot younger than they thought (she was listed as one at the shelter, but the vet thought she might be more like 7 or 8 months). If she's more like 5 or 6 months, she could be Sullivan reincarnated. I'm just grasping at straws, and I'm sure I'm projecting things on Lola, it's just weird sometimes (She even looks at me when I say Sullivan).
courtsey of Sweetpea
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: The Daily Puppy, Lola, etc.

Post by CoraP. »

That puppy is adorable!! I'm so glad he has a home.
It sounds like things are good with everyone at your house. Lola is getting along with everyone and that's great to hear! Hope to see more pictures of her soon!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

omg the puppy is so cute, I am sure Sullivan is looking down and smiling
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

Deb

I haven't been on here very much and just seen that you have a new baby. Congratulations! Thought you might like to know that Kali is doing wonderful in her new home. Her new parents have grandkids and she loves when they come over.

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Ah, I'm glad Kali is doing well and has kids to play with.

One of my friends pointed out that I better get Lola potty trained soon, because if something happened to Forrest and me, that could be a death sentence for her. Hopefully, neither will happen, and she has godparents, and if something happened to both Forrest and me, our son would get our house and puppies, but no matter what, a person can only tolerate so much poop. Forrest did crate her for a while yesterday. He said she whined a little bit, but when I got home, she was fine. Just getting her used to it.

I was going through the channels and saw something on Animal Plant sponsored by Drs. Foster & Smith. They were talking about breeds with difficult "reps." Of course they focused on PBTs, but they didn't even mention chows! I usually tell people that the only thing "difficult" about a chow is that they can be stubborn. For some reason, that got me thinking that I've never seen a Scottish Terrier on the Dog Whisperer. I've always heard that they are THE most stubborn dog. Maybe Cesar Millan just doesn't know how to train stubborn dogs? Every time Lola poops in the house I tell her "I'm going to get all Cesar Millan on your a**." Inappropriate language, but the appropriate part of her anatomy :lol: Also not a threat to her. The crate is the thing.
courtsey of Sweetpea
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

poor Lola,nobody ever took the time to house break her :(
she is in good hands with you and Forrest.I'm sure she'll catch on quick.
just be consistant :wink:
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".