Nutro for joins

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Nutro for joins

Post by KathrynH »

I'm a little confused. I have been feeding my two Nutro w/ the Glucasomine (?) and Chondrosoitin (?) and they seem to be doing really well on it, however, I was looking at the label the other day and noiticed that the amount of protein is 23%? I thought the protein level needed to be way lower?
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Nutro for joins

Post by Mia »

23% protein is pretty nice and low. I think that the Solid Gold that I feed mine is 26% protein and I thought that was nice and low compared to 30 something percent. I have done quite a bit of research and it is hard to get a lower percent of protein in something that is decent food.
Mia
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

Ok, for some reason I was thinking I read somewhere that it needed to be way lower than that. HA! Thanks!
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
Buddha4me
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Buddha4me »

At what point (age) should I be considered about joint issues? Buddha has had surgery on both knees for Luxated Patellas, and has injured his front wrist. At our last visit to the vet, she mentioned that his weight was on track, and that was important b/c of his surgeries he's likely to develop joint problems or arthritis early. He is 19 months old today! From time to time he shows a little limp, and usually walks it off, he also makes a popping sound when he walks once in a while, but of course we couldn't reproduce that at the vet, and she twisted him every which way but loose. Should be be on a supplement now, or special dog food? I'm not going to feed him Science Diet, I've heard too many terrible things about it, and I'm sure that's what the vet would recommend, so I'm asking what you all think? Thanks for any suggestions.
Image Bouncing Buddha Bear
chris

Post by chris »

Lock temporarily